It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:54 am

Free Newsletter

photos ...hmmmm

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

photos ...hmmmm

Postby sarahm » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:33 pm

hi there. just a thought. well when i weighed my heaviest at 105kg i never knew how large i had actually become. ie-appeared to others. when i look at pics from then i absolutely grimace. now i weigh in at 80kgs and feel heaps lighter. am wearing size 14. but when i look at recent pics all i see is FAT me -yucky chunky me. does anyone else suffer this sort of problem i wonder? i know i must look better, but in photos i just cant see it. any feedback would be really welcome!! ta-sarahm. xx :roll:
sarahm

Re: photos ...hmmmm

Postby court » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:47 pm

i sooooooo feel the same sarahm!!
I was 92kgs...then lost 17kgs and thought i looked GREAT... and now I have lost a total of umm... (gets out calculator!) 26kgs I feel fatter than ever. I think it just makes you so much more aware of every nook and cranny of your body when you are constantly watching what you eat, when you eat it etc... You become waaay more self critical etc. Dont worry you are not alone!! I bet you look great!
court

Postby Carley » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:45 pm

I feel the same, I wonder when I will see the difference. Hopefully soon we will both see the difference...
Goal for 2016:
Current weight: 94 kilos
Starting weight: 102.5 kilos
Goal #1: 92 kilos
Carley

Postby Molly » Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:56 pm

Hi,
I can say I feel the same. I have hidden when the camera has come out in the past, but I do think my fatty pics as I call them are a good reminder of how well i have done and what can happen if I don't stick to my healthy lifestyle. I still have a long way to go, and still shy away from the camera. But Soon I will be happy to have those family happy snaps taken.

Molly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:44 pm

Yep, same deal. I thought I was pretty hot until I looked at some photos. Now I'm skinnier all I can see if blubber. :roll:
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby lemmish » Tue Sep 01, 2009 9:31 pm

Totally understand what you mean.
I never thought I was big. Well, at least not THAT big. Now I look back at old photos and hate what I see. But even now, 21kg lighter, I have 'fat' days. I'll be looking in the mirror and see huge hips and thunder thighs. I think being more aware of your body makes you even more critical of yourself in some ways. Your body keeps changing and you don't really get a chance to accept your body before it changes again.
lemmish

Postby sarahm » Wed Sep 02, 2009 3:42 am

hi-thanks for that everyone, helps v.much to know i'm not alone! seems we are all a bit hard on ourselves...should probably try and go a bit easier! your input has helped! :)
sarahm

Postby Hannah_Lee » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:47 pm

I honestly think that when you are over weight and been like that for a while, you go into denial mode, you start buying clothes that cover your tummy and think "ok, this new top covers the extra 5 kilos i've put on, it's hidden..not a problem"
I progressively put on weight and still thought i was looking ok, then i broke my collar bone and instead of using a pillow for my arm to rest on, i was using my stomach when i was on my side. Thats what made me think i had a problem.

Now i've lost 5kg...atleast one day a week i think i should give up my weightloss, it's not working, im still fat, i look no different. Actual fact, people are amazed and proud of what i've done, but because weightloss is very slow and you see your body every day, you dont notice it, also i feel ive got an expectation of what and how i'd like to feel and it's going to take a long time to get there, my old photos to me look no different cos im not as skinny as i want to feel.
I think being overweight for so long has given me body image problems too, even when i was skinny i thought i was fat, its almost like your mind is so used to saying "im fat, i hate my body", it would be very hard to get out of that mind frame.
i guess in the end you have to be happy for what you have achieved and be comfortable in your own skin, something i think will take many years for me to establish.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6IiSXt/]
[/url]
Hannah_Lee

Postby sarahm » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:29 am

hello-just to update. saw a very recent pic of myself at 78kgs and didnt cringe or feel sick-actually thought 'well i look a bit better..' so=progress is being made! :)
sarahm

Postby court » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:34 am

thats great news sarah! Shows that mentally and physically you are doing well!!

I must be honest, I havent really seen any photos of myself for a long time but tonight a friend is bringing photos of the weekend we just had together.. i know for a fact she has quite a few of me (in quite a small dress!!!) so i am looking forward to seeing how I react to them...
court

Postby SoonToBeSlim » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:24 pm

When I look back at the photos from my wedding and honeymoon I cringe, because thats basically when I was my biggest, at about 130kg. I can notice such a big difference from then to now.
SoonToBeSlim

Postby Daisybeck » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:18 pm

Hannah_Lee wrote:I honestly think that when you are over weight and been like that for a while, you go into denial mode, you start buying clothes that cover your tummy and think "ok, this new top covers the extra 5 kilos i've put on, it's hidden..not a problem"
I progressively put on weight and still thought i was looking ok, then i broke my collar bone and instead of using a pillow for my arm to rest on, i was using my stomach when i was on my side. Thats what made me think i had a problem.

Now i've lost 5kg...atleast one day a week i think i should give up my weightloss, it's not working, im still fat, i look no different. Actual fact, people are amazed and proud of what i've done, but because weightloss is very slow and you see your body every day, you dont notice it, also i feel ive got an expectation of what and how i'd like to feel and it's going to take a long time to get there, my old photos to me look no different cos im not as skinny as i want to feel.
I think being overweight for so long has given me body image problems too, even when i was skinny i thought i was fat, its almost like your mind is so used to saying "im fat, i hate my body", it would be very hard to get out of that mind frame.
i guess in the end you have to be happy for what you have achieved and be comfortable in your own skin, something i think will take many years for me to establish.

Touche! My feelings exactly.
Daisybeck

Postby justjulie » Mon Feb 07, 2011 7:28 pm

its your mind playing tricks on you.. your brain will eventually see the real you.. just need to give it some time.. when its out of control you can end up being anorexic.. so just be careful
justjulie

Postby ganymede » Wed Feb 09, 2011 11:49 am

I totally agree! I try to go off how I feel now, like, "I feel really beautiful and happy today" and I try not to destroy that by looking in a mirror too much or overanalysing. I do my hair and make up and put on something nice and go enjoy the day! Because how we feel inside is how people see us on the outside. And what's already been mentioned on here is true, we see ourselves everyday and think nothing is drastically changing but when we see someone we haven't see in weeks or even others who happen to have noticed the change, it is a great feeling knowing we are in fact changing, we are just so use to ourselves we don't see it :) I mean, when we look back on photos of ourselves from a skinny time in our lives, we are always so shocked at how much we have changed and how different we look, it's just harder to see the positive changes but they are there, don't you worry! Every day, the choices we make to eat well and exercise and change our lives, we learn new things about eating habits and we stick to our guns. That is the change that is happening all the time! Don't go by photos, go by how you feel and how proud you are of your achievements :D
- Shelley

"You get whatever you settle for."

GOAL: To live life happy and healthy, to experience nature to the fullest through hiking, wading and climbing. To have that everlasting energy to achieve the things I want to achieve.
ganymede

Postby 67kilogoal » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:11 am

Remember your teenage years and how you thought you didn't look good? Well I was sorting through photos and even though I was overweight in my teens and twenties, I had lovely skin and a lovely smile and I honestly didn't give myself much credit. Now I am older and bigger I feel kind of sad that I didn't enjoy what I did have back in those days. Maybe we should try to look at all our positive sides.
67kilogoal

Return to True Stories