It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 4:41 am

Free Newsletter

Childrens weightloss

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Childrens weightloss

Postby DonnaH » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:26 pm

Hi,

I'm new to this site but I thought I'd join the forum and have a chat.

I've posted in the General discussion about the program I'm doing but I thought I'd put my and my daughter's story here.

I have been doing the SlimSafeOnline.com program with my daughter. In 5 weeks, my daughter who is 10 and did weigh 52kg has lost 8kgs safely by eating the right foods and having the SlimSafe sachets inbetween meals rather than snacks. She walks at least half an hour daily and has started playing sport. She still has a little way to go but she has this new determination.

The thing I am most excited about is that she has a chance of having a normal teenage journey, not going through her teenage years with the stigma of being overweight. That stigma affects you for life, and affects the choices you make in your life too. I feel she has a chance of a whole different life journey than she did.

Donna
DonnaH

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Aug 23, 2006 1:42 pm

HI donna
Kudos to your daughter. thats awesome. :) i knwo what it is like to be biggish at high school. althoguh i wasnt the biggest i still felt that being a certain size was considered taboo amongst your peers. hopefully she can travel through her teens with her head held high and happy for who she is and not what size she is :)
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Wed Aug 23, 2006 6:55 pm

That is great Donna and on top of that she is learning great eating habits at a young age.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Garfield » Wed Aug 23, 2006 9:48 pm

Well done for teaching your daughter healthy eating habits. It's something that should stay with her for life. You're a great mother :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
Garfield

Postby DonnaH » Tue Aug 29, 2006 2:52 pm

Thanks for your kind and supportive comments. I've just got back from a week-end away so it's taken a little time to respond.

Thanks again. I will keep you all informed of her progress.

Donna
DonnaH

Postby FatGarfield » Sat Sep 02, 2006 7:18 pm

Hi DonnaH,
Very happy to hear that your daughter has done so well. Both your daughter and you should be very proud.
I lost 3 kilos in the last 2 months. Then I need to go job-hunting etc and put back 1.5 kilo on. Now I have a job and am ready to get back on my weight-loss round 200. I really want to lose 3, preferably 5 kilos. I have tried many times. I will check out the website you mentioned.

Congratulations... from FatGarfield.
FatGarfield

Postby Dolly » Sun Sep 03, 2006 12:42 pm

Hi Donna, that's fantastic about you and your daughter setting a new life for yourself.
It's funny how being fat can often change our destiny. Being large often makes us recluse ourselves from so many fun things.
Dolly

Return to True Stories