It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:27 pm

Free Newsletter

Saturday 20/8

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Saturday 20/8

Postby Fairie » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:35 am

Morning Ladies,

Another miserable, cold wet day here and my mood isn't much better. :(

My binge with cheese on Thursday :oops: showed on the scales yesterday with no loss at all, I stayed the same. I know, at least I didn't put on but I was hoping for a good loss as DH and I are going away next weekend. First one together in 20 years and I know I'll have a few things I shouldn't, oh well must be extra good this week. :)
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Sat Aug 20, 2005 11:56 am

I decided to try the 6 day body Makeover Diet for my body type which I believe is an oval meaning that the bulk of my weight is in my torso and my arms and legs are relatively thinner.
Gosh this sounds Yucky and I don't know if I have the will power to go through with it, but then it is only for 6 days.

DAY 1

Breakfast
3oz of lean beef
2 to 3oz of scrambled egg whites
1 glass of water

Morning snack
3oz of scrambled egg whites or lean meat, poultry or fish
½ cup of green vegetables
1 glass of water

Lunch
2 to 3oz of scrambled egg whites or lean meat, poultry or fish
½ cup of wild rice
1 cup of mixed vegetables
1 glass of water

Afternoon snack
3oz of scrambled egg whites or lean meat, poultry or fish
1 glass of water

Dinner
2 to 3oz of scrambled egg whites or lean meat, poultry or fish
½ cup of wild rice
1 cup of mixed vegetables
1 glass of water

Optional Evening Snack
1 to 2 oz of tuna
1 glass of water

Last edited by Dolly on Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby Serena » Sat Aug 20, 2005 1:38 pm

The weather's pretty miserable here too - cold and windy and overcast, we're supposed to have rain this afternoon and for the rest of the weekend. Yuck. Well I'm starting to doubt the wisdom of the CSIRO diet. It just goes against everything I know about healthy eating. Just about everything is cooked with oil and I haven't had steamed vegies once this week and there aren't a lot of green vegies. This morning we had the biggest brunch I think I've ever had. I guess it has to last through till tea time though. 2 scrambled eggs, 3 rashers of bacon, 2 grilled mushrooms, 1 tomato halved and grilled, 2 pieces of whole grain toast with marg and vegemite, a glass of orange juice, a glass of low fat flavoured milk and my coffee, plus my standard water that I always have with me. That's insane. I had to stop and rest 3 times just to fit it all in. How can stuffing yourself like a pig be weightloss friendly?
Serena

Postby emma21 » Sat Aug 20, 2005 2:23 pm

Im not sure what is up with me these last couple of days but I just feel so tired! Yesterday I didnt do any planned exercise but I continued with my eating plan (I'm not about to throw the 8kg i have lost so far back on my body). Today I had planned to do at least an hours exercise to make up for the lack of exercise yesterday but I woke up and I feel so damn tired - and I dont even know why cos I had 10 hours sleep last night (its probably too much sleep).

I havent written out a food plan for today but I know what I can and cant have so I have been a very good girl thus far.

I have been fighting with my other half so that isnt helping things along either. I think I have overcome the habit of emotional eating - now i just have a glass of water and take a breather or have a good cry lol...

And so are the days of our lives.... :lol:

Emma :)
emma21

Postby Dolly » Sat Aug 20, 2005 3:36 pm

Hi everyone

Serena, are you managing to lose weight with the CSIRO meal plan?
I think you should stick with the CSIRO diet, on Thursday you had brocolli, peas, cucumber, alfalfa and beans so I'm sure they'll bring the green veggies back soon.

Emma, my sister became really, really tired when she found out she was allergic to wheat. After 2 days of of substituting wheat with glutin free bread and biscuits and crackers she got her energy back. A lack of iron could also cause tiredness.
Of course you could be suffering with a bug that might be going around.
It could be anything. If it keeps up you'd better check with a doctor.
Being tired can make you irritable and making you more prone to arguing back. Hang in there, this will pass.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Serena » Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:38 pm

I don't feel like I've lost any weight, Dolly, although Darren says he thinks he has and he thinks I look like I have although I personally don't see it. I don't weigh myself every day because that will just do your head in. I had a pretty low day today and I did cheat a little but don't tell Darren. I went to my sisters and we had a piece of cheesecake with coffee for afternoon tea. Darren cooked tea which was lamb kebabs with rice and salad and the baked pineapple with custard for sweets. It was pretty tasty. I can see myself on this diet long-term because I just don't like not being in control of what I eat on a daily basis. But then if I had any control before I probably wouldn't be on a diet now. Before if I didn't lose weight I knew why and could take responsibility for it. Now I have handed over control based on blind faith to a program that seems to disagree with all the known rules of dieting. If it doesn't work then what? What am I supposed to adjust? Aside from the obvious not eating cheesecake for afternoon tea.
Serena

Return to True Stories