It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:48 am

Free Newsletter

Tuesday 23/8

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Tuesday 23/8

Postby Fairie » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:52 am

Morning everyone, what a beautiful day today :D
Getting excited about our weekend away, the weather looks like it will be great for walks on the beach. :D

Brekkie
As usual Yoghurt and Fruit.

Hope you all have a good day :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:34 am

Hi Fairie, it is a lovely day indeed.
well I gained almost a pound (no I'm not going to convert it to kilo's this hour of the morning :D I need my mornin' coffee grumble grumble....)
I stayed with the diet and it didn't work (maybe because I have a thyroid gland problem) but it's early days yet, I might switch over to one of the other body shape makeover diets that allow a piece of fruit.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Serena » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:06 pm

I've had my stitches out and pathology was all good but the nurse says I have to be careful for a few more days yet so as not to reopen the wound. Imagine how gross and disgusting that would be! So there goes my plans to get back to the gym tomorrow. Monday is always a good day for starting afresh though. Since today is such a nice day for a change I might take the dog for a walk. I have had a sore hip and was hoping that the rest from the gym would help but no luck. I'll just have to push through it and hope it goes away.
Serena

Postby Dolly » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:07 pm

Phew Serena! I'm so glad your pathology results came back negative. You really should rest for 7-10 days so you don't knock your stitches before you start exercising again.

hugs
Dolly
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:14 pm

It's strange but since I started the body makeover diet, I haven't felt hungry, I guess it must have something to do with eating so much protein.
Dolly
Dolly

Postby Serena » Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:47 pm

I didn't get that walk in but had a nap instead. Very constructive use of our first lovely day in a couple of weeks. I have a job interview next week. Nothing exciting, but I'm thinking even part time work might be good for me right now. We don't need the money (well, we'd like the money but we're getting by just fine) but I think I really need the routine. I get up in the morning with just 1 or 2 things to do all day and I think "well, there's plenty of time for that later" and I get to the end of the day and they didn't get done. I have been trying to stick to Flylady's routines (thanks for pointing me in the right direction Dolly) but I tend to get to the end of my morning routine and go "Now what?". I think maybe her routines work best for busy people. I really don't have that much to do. Anyway, I have eaten only good things today and Darren and I have reached a suitable compromise over the CSIRO diet. We're going back to normal healthy eating but we're going to keep the larger protein serves and Darren is going to keep eating brekky and I'm going to avoid using pasta, bread, sugar, and potatoes etc in my daily cooking. I have no idea why Darren is so hell-bent against potatoes. He has told me more than once that if I just removed potatoes from my diet I could lose weight. The'yre a carbohydrate like any other and I love all carbs so why single out potatoes? Oh well, if it makes him happy then we won't eat potatoes.
Serena

Postby Dolly » Tue Aug 23, 2005 7:15 pm

Serena, my son Rick sounds just like Darren. When I prepare a meal for him the first thing he does is scrape off the potatoes. He tends to mostly eat meat, vege and occasionally bread but not too often.

I can't keep up with the flylady chores, when she sends about 20 chore emails to do each day (and being american based we have to do them one day behind or we don't get a full days worth) then there's the zone room of the week to do and when she tells us to wash fly screens for that room or stuff it can take me till 1pm or more before I'm though.
I loved it the time the email said to go outside and walk around the house and take down any new year or christmas lights or stuff that might be still lingering.
Then she sends you out to bless your heart (do your exercise) then report in the minutes. on weekends I just delete all the chore emails that arrive every 20 minutes (my weekends belong to the family)
The one I don't like is when you're told to grab a box and do a 27 fling. I have heaps of junk and would dearly love to throw out 27 items but my husband would get so mad at me if I even tried, so I just bypass that command.
It's nice how http://www.flylady.net also helps you pick out economical meals for the family. And supplies a chatroom
This weeks zone is the master bedroom, I don't think I can ever declutter it as we don't have enough space elsewhere in the house to store the stuff and the attic is already full (DH George refuses to throw anything out) he has boxes from his cabling business filling up our guest room and I mean filling (bit of a worry as we have weekend guests coming)

Master Bedroom Flylady Detailed Cleaning List
WASH AREA RUGS
POLISH FURNITURE
CLEAN OFF THE DESKS
CLEAN COBWEBS
WASH MATTRESS PAD/DUST RUFFLE
FLIP MATTRESS
EMPTY TRASH
WASH WINDOWS
CULL SOME BOOKS FROM BOOKCASE
STRAIGHTEN DRAWERS
CLEAN UNDER THE BED
Dolly
Dolly

Postby Serena » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:22 pm

It's so much isn't it? I'd hate to see my mail box after going away for a couple of weeks. I haven't been doing all of the zones etc. I do morning and evening routines (try to at least) and set the timer for 15 minutes to declutter. I will work up to the other stuff. I like the timer, I think it's my new best friend. Anyway, I'm trying. I have been to my sisters tonight for dinner and she cooked butter chicken with rice and papadums. We had a bit of choccy for sweets. I'm so naughty - I don't think Darren will be impressed.
Serena

Postby Fairie » Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:32 am

Good to hear you have worked out something that suits you both.
My husband won't eat potatoes either Serena and I love them but I don't have them. :(
I know they are carbohydrate but not the right type or so I've been told. To much starch that converts to sugar or something.
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Return to True Stories