It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:22 am

Free Newsletter

Saturday 27th

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Saturday 27th

Postby Maraver » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:50 am

Well sorry I have been AWOL I have been really depressed and fed up and have found it very hard to shake it off, I suppose to be brutally honest I am just so lonely its not funny, Andy works every Saturday and I do not have a soul I know that I can say meet me for coffee lets go to the movies after coming to Adelaide five years it has been one long struggle and I can see myself getting after and fatter eating to comfort myself, so today I am showered adn ready and I am off into the city two busses as I don't drive but I must get out of this rut I am in, I have my digi camera with me(this is a passion of mine) and I hope to take lots of photos, I am not only depressed but angry with myself at the moment for letting myself get this low
I shall check in later and tell you what I have achieved
sorry for venting my stress with you all
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Serena » Sat Aug 27, 2005 12:18 pm

I hope your trip into the city lifts your spirits Pam. I know it really sucks feeling depressed and it's so much worse when you feel like there's nobody to talk to. Maybe you could take a class or something to meet new people. A lot of community centres run classes that aren't ridiculously expensive. Earlier in the year I took French classes and they were great but then the time was changed and it clashed with my piano lessons so I had to choose. My mum does tai chi at the school for seniors and she absolutely loves it and my Dad takes an art class and he's getting really good at it. Or maybe you could take some driving lessons. And you know we're always here for you Pam if you want to chat.
Serena

Postby Maraver » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:52 pm

Thanks Serena, I got to the bus stop and waited 15 minutes and thought I had missed the bus and turned back from home as I got to the end of the street, it came and it was too late to turn back so I sat in the garden at the table and just cried and cried anyway I feel a lttle better now I work full time so its had to fit classes in but I will see what is around thanks for caring
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Dolly » Sat Aug 27, 2005 2:43 pm

Pam, glad to see you back. I can relate to your loneliness.
I have a condition called allergy induced pneumonia if I even leave the house to go to the shops I might risk inhaling the smell of tobacco smoke on someones clothes and getting pneumonia.

Whilst everyone was in Darwin attending a family wedding I was home alone celebrating my 50th by myself.
While everyone was celebrating Christmas dinner with family last year I was home alone celebrating by myself.
But luckily I don't suffer depression, I just hope when my daughter gets married next year that there won't be any smokers invited or it could kill me (I have never smoked in my life but I have developed this allergy to the stuff)

Three weeks ago a nephew of mine came here to celebrate my son Ricks 21st birthday party. He was asked not to smoke on 3 occasions by me. He ignored me and went outside to the curb and smoked.
When he came back in the house the smell of smoke on this clothes gave me an instant sore throat.
To this day (three weeks later) I have still got that sore throat and a strong pain in my left lung (I've taken some anti-inflammatories that I keep on hand)
Tomorrow I'm supposed to leave the house to go to my nieces baby shower, I am so scared my nephew will be there. I have already told my sister that if I smell smoke I'm leaving instantly. But the damage would have already have been done at that stage. She begged me to go because there are only a small handfull of people going.

Yesterdays Pizza Hutt home delivery indulgence (5 pieces of thin & crispy mushroom pizza) made me gain 1.2 kilo, aren't I the silly one.

Going to go to bed to rest my left lung
catch ya later today
Dolly
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Sat Aug 27, 2005 8:29 pm

Well I managed to keep to my food plan today, it's so much more challenging on the weekend.

My Sister-in-law is staying over on Sunday night, she may have to take her ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder)
son to a special school up here and is getting another clinical assesment before she decides to move up to the big smoke. At the moment she lives 2 hours south in a place called Bunbury.

Dolly
Dolly

Return to True Stories