It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:30 pm

Free Newsletter

Monday 29/8

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Monday 29/8

Postby Serena » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:21 pm

Well August is nearly over. I don't think I'll be the winner of Pam's August challenge somehow. It has been a very topsy-turvy kind of month, for all of us it seems. I haven't written out a menu yet - I'm such a slacker and it takes me forever to get organised. I've been thinking that I might use the CSIRO guidelines as a basis for our diet but not their actual menu because it's just too expensive (If anyone's interested let me know and I'll post them on here). I've sort of written out an exercise plan - it doesn't really include going to the gym at this stage but has strength training in Serena's gym and some tae-bo and pilates and lots of walking. It'd be really nice to see in the New Year 20kg lighter and already on a working weightloss program so next years resolution of 'getting to goal weight' won't seem like just another empty promise.

I have decided to have another attack on my coffee addiction - but no cold turkey this time. I will allow myself one coffee only with brekky, and no sugar. When I adjust to that then maybe I'll switch to a weaker coffee (I drink Nescafe Espresso which I think is the strongest instant coffee you can buy). Then maybe one coffee every two days. Maybe I'll see in the new year as a non-coffee-drinker too.
Serena

Postby Serena » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:42 pm

Looks like it's just me today. We have bought lunch today because we were running late and haven't done groceries yet. We thought we'd behave and went to the bakehouse for a sandwich. We ordered toasted focacia. First the girl messes up our order so we don't get the one we ordered despite me asking 3 times if it was the right one, then she overcharged us for it, then we have to wait 20 minutes for 2 pre-made focacias to be put in a sandwich press, then they bring them out on plates instead of take away like we asked, then we get them and they're not even filled properly and they've used lettuce in stead of baby spinach and lettuce isn't very nice when toasted as you can imagine. So we've wasted our time and our money and we haven't even had a decent meal. Serves us right for being unorganised doesn't it? I really hate it when people who's whole job it is to provide customer service have no idea how to provide customer service. It makes me angry when people can't do their own job. I don't think we'll be going back there in a hurry. So we've had to snack when we came home. I had some yoghurt and some dried fruit but am still hungry. Will try not to graze too severely this afternoon.
Serena

Postby Dolly » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:00 pm

Serena, it sounds like you've got yourself a good plan with that CSIRO diet. I usually end up modifying every diet I'm on too because they're all too expensive.
Good luck with your attack on caffeine. I went cold turkey on coffee for two years only to find I was depriving myself for nothing.
The taste is great and my 2 cuppa's in the morning (sugar free of course) make me feel fresh to take on the world.
The book Second Youth by Vernice Gabriel & Jeanne Molli says when Vernice was in her 50's she researched foods to become slimmer and younger and ended up looking as young as her daughter (she then took up fashion modelling) She enjoyed a morning coffee and still managed to rejuvinate her body.

Today for breakfast I had some yoplus skim plain yogurt
with some brown german rye bread
ane a Fuji Apple

Lunch
I had some ham on rye.

Dinner
hmmmm.... will have to think what to have for dinner

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Mon Aug 29, 2005 3:05 pm

Serena, I just saw your second post, it wasn't there when I first started my above post but then again I did take my time typing.
it sounds like you may have had a trainee starting for the first day when you ordered your toasted focacia from the bakehouse. I hate it when orders get stuffed up, especially if they wanted you to pay more.

Pam, Fairie and The Funny Bone, where are you girls??
How much has everyone lost since the first of august. I actually gained 1 kilogram this past month but I've learned my lesson and vow to work harder to rein as the following months weight loss princess Image

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Serena » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:31 pm

I think Fairie might be still away - she said she'd be gone a few days. I hope Pam is feeling better. Everything just seems so hard and pointless when you get depressed. She has had a tough month - bad tooth, then the flu and now the blues! September will be better.

I have been for a walk this afternoon - my first official exercise in nearly 3 weeks! It's amazing how fast you lose that hard earned fitness. Tomorrow I will try to get up early and have a more productive day. I might make chicken pasta with carbonara sauce and some steamed veg. A bit fattening but all I've eaten this afternoon is an apple so I still have to make up for lunch or I'll be starving later.
Serena

Postby Dolly » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:48 pm

I think I'll get to bed early (maybe with a sleeping tablet) then I'll wake up well rested and able to go out for a walk.
Enjoy your yummy dinner.

Does anyone know of any FREE online weight graphs we can record our weights on (other than fatchics and tickerfactory) I meant more like a graph.
I found one click here http://www.healthyweightforum.org/eng/weight/
it meant joining their attached forum, but I only want to use their graph. Perhaps someone here knows of another place
http://www.fitday.com are good but it still didn't have the graph I wanted.

Dolly
Dolly

Return to True Stories