It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 9:33 pm

Free Newsletter

Tuesday 30th

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Tuesday 30th

Postby Maraver » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:37 am

Morning girls I did what you did Dolly and too a sleeping ppill to get some sleep and feel a lot better this morning a bit drowsy but ok, I won't go into details here girls but I do have a lot of issues in my life involving my adult children that really get me down, there issues are all out of my control but they still manage to drag me down and depress me and its a daily battle not to let them engulf me altogether

Don't forget to post your weight loss for August and lets see who the winner is, it won't be me I shall just say I stayed the same. but let me tell you girls Septembers is mine

Had toast for breakfast and I am afraid I can't have toast with out butter but the rest of the day I am going to be spot on, I can assure you.

Thanks for being her for me and caring
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Dolly » Tue Aug 30, 2005 9:15 am

Pam, it's awful when our adult children cause us worry (our parents had it so much easier) my sister has got some heavy issues with her adult kids too (and I'm talking about one choosing to be in trouble with the law, another who is diabetic and fell pregnant at 17, she had a premature baby to a guy that is not nice to her but whom she still chooses to be involved with, the boyfriend says he refuses to get a job ever) and then there's the other thing one of her sons did that we all try not to talk about.

My sisters husband is an insulin dependant diabetic and so are 3 of their 4 children.
2 of her insulin dependant boys go out with their separate mates on the weekend where they all enjoy the game of binge drinking till they pass out.
Unfortunately with their diabetes they have both damaged their kidney's from all the drinking, and my sister is worried sick because she said when they damage their kidney to the point of needing a transplant, she of course will only be able to donate one of hers. They don't care they love the floaty feeling of abusing their body with alcohol and are only living for the moment.
All this continual stress over the years has caused my poor sister heart problems and weight issues and depression (she may no longer be a good candidate to give a kidney away)

It sure is a crazy age to try and bring our children up safely in, they had peer pressure at school for them to do drugs and there was way too much home work so the kids try suicide. When they finally do get married statistics say 70% of their kids will be brought up with a single parent due to divorce.
My daughter is a teacher and she says over half the kids come from divorced parents, and we're talking about a remote school in the outback, so ya gotta wonder how bad it is in the 'burbs.

When I think of the problems we thought we had when we left school back in the late 60's (like having bad acne or will a cute guy ever marry me) ya jus' gotta laugh now.
If I'm ever blessed with grandchildren, I wonder what problems they'll be faced with in the modern world (I'll suppose we'll be expected to raise the grandkids whilst the parents try to make ends meet financially)

Pam, it might be time to unplug your phone and take a holiday somewhere sceanic to get away from the stress and worry.
anytime you want to talk, we are here.

hugs
Dolly
Last edited by Dolly on Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:53 pm, edited 8 times in total.
Dolly

Postby Serena » Tue Aug 30, 2005 10:41 am

It's easy to see why so many American parents homeschool their kids. I'm sure it won't take long before Australia goes that way too.
I'm glad you're back Pam and I hope you start to feel a bit better soon.
Serena

Postby Fairie » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:29 pm

I understand Marvaver I too have had problems with my son, from the ages of 15 - 29 he was so totally out of control due to drugs. He has sorted him self out but he will never be normal as the damage has been done. I was so stressed all the time but I had to learn in the end that he choose that road. We will always love him but I refuse to let myself be dragged down again. He knows that we will always be there for him as long as he stays away from the drugs but there comes a point when we have to think of ourselves

The last 2 years have be the best in many years, I thank God every day he is not taking or smoking anything and that it will continue. Now I worry about my little granddaughter and pray she never goes down that road.

You are a mother Maraver and it is in our nature to want to protect them, that will never change. You must believe that you do not deserve to have their problems on your shoulders otherwise it will destroy you.

It is not easy but you have to take a step back, tell them you love them and always will but whatever path they choose they are responsible for themselves.

Keep stong, now it's time to think of you. :)

Also, I think you did very well to have stayed the same and not put any weight on. 8)
Last edited by Fairie on Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Fairie » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:42 pm

Hi everyone,

Had a great weekend got back last night, the weather was great and just really enjoyed getting up late and having nothing to do all day. Though sometimes I think DH thinks that a weekend away is only to ........(well you know) :wink: :wink:

I am dreading stepping on the scales on Friday, we went out for dinner 1 night and I did have some wine but it surprised me that I didn't enjoy it as much as I thought I would. I also had an icecream :oops:

Hope everyone's weightloss will be better than mine. :(
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:56 pm

Welcome home Fairie!
It's good to have you back.
Dolly

Postby Serena » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:07 pm

I had a job interview today. I think being overweight makes it extra hard looking for work. As if job-hunting and interviews weren't terrifying enough you then also have to contend with that little voice in your head telling you that nobody will ever hire you because you're too fat. And then you can't get clothes that you feel comfortable in which really doesn't help to ease the paranoia. But it seems to be a self-fulfilling paranoia - maybe they don't care that you're fat, but you do so you act negatively and have no confidence and then they don't hire you because you have no confidence in yourself so why should they. (I think my job interview went ok, by the way - all women, no stick figures, which makes it a bit easier). I often think that being skinny will be the miracle cure for my low self-esteem, but low self-esteem is probably the reason for my weight problem in the first place, so how can losing the weight fix it? I don't think it can. I think that I need to accept and appreciate myself and even learn to like who I am, and then the weight will come off. Losing weight to gain self-esteem is like treating the symptom but not the cause. I can relate to the story Dolly posted today. Maybe I've got all the wrong reasons for wanting to lose weight. Maybe I need to put more effort into self-respect.
Serena

Return to True Stories