It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 5:24 am

Free Newsletter

My Story

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

My Story

Postby Camron » Wed Mar 17, 2010 5:47 pm

Hi All,

I am new to this forum and would have loved to have known about it a few years ago.

I was fit in my younger days (35 years old now) and played a lot of sports and was in a competitive swimming comp. I ended getting an office job and after a bad breakup with the girlfriend at the time I went into a bit of a downward spiral and basically let myself go. I stopped all the sport and training and put on a lot of weight.

Not too long ago while visiting my parents I noticed a picture Mum has of me above her fridge and couldn't believe that I looked like that and had let myself go so badly, so I decided to do something about it. A friend of mine is a marathon runner and she helped me to get started into some fitness and running training and eating right again. It was tough and it was painful but I was determined to do it. I set myself a goal last year to get back down from 120kg to 75kg and also to run the City to Surf.

With a lot of work, pain, and probably even some tears now and then, I had got down to 75kg by June (18 months in total to get to goal weight) and in August ran the City to Surf and qualified for the second top runners group for this years event. Buoyed by my success and on a great natural high I ended up also running the Blackmores Half Marathon in September and am now currently training for the Sydney Half Marathon in May and have a goal this year of completing a Full Marathon.

I have read some great and inspirational stories here on the site before joining and also see a lot of you still on your journey. So many of you show such courage in what is a tough thing to do. Not until being there yourself do you realise how tough it is.

I just wanted to share my story and also just to wish you all the best, especially those on your journey. You have already taken the first step which is to admit that you need to do something for yourself (and remember you need to do this for yourself, you are the most important person in your life) and I can't wait to read more success stories from those who have got there.

I have attached some before and after pics of me as well.
Before.jpg (155.46 KiB) Viewed 1919 times

After.jpg (32.1 KiB) Viewed 1919 times

After II
After2.jpg (32.28 KiB) Viewed 1919 times

Failure is just another stepping stone towards future success

Re: My Story

Postby Runner » Wed Mar 17, 2010 6:12 pm

I'd love to try the city to surf! Its just trying to get to sydney and then get to the race and then get home would have me in a straight jacket!

Postby HappyGirl83 » Wed Mar 17, 2010 9:48 pm

Good onya mate!! Very inspiring, especially the running part!! I am very, veryyyy slowly starting to run I am doing the C25K program, and aiming to run the 5km race at the Gold Coast Marathon in July.

Thanks heaps for sharing xx
My journey so far...

Sick and tired of wasting my 20's being fat!!

Postby alizezz » Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:23 pm

Postby Kye20 » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:52 pm

Very inspiring story, gives hope to us all, Congratulations on your achievements :D
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam removed

Return to True Stories