It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:00 pm

Free Newsletter

My Sisters 21st...

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

My Sisters 21st...

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:01 am

Went to my sis's 21st last weekend.... she wanted everyone all dressed up, so i obliged and bought myself a new dress (lovely, low cut).

By the end of the night there were so many people who had come up to me and said "oh my god, I've been staring at you for ages trying to figure out who you were, I only just realised, I didn't recognise you, you look fantastic!"

So, so satisfying. And then at the end of the night one of sis's male friends (who was very very drunk trying to get over having just broken up with his GF) told my bloke what a fantastic catch I was and that my ass was nicer than my sis's and that he should propose to me before I dumped him (he's a bit behind the 8 ball, but never mind).

That was the best bit of the night for 2 reasons
1) I allegedly have a nicer ass than my sister who I have always envied for her body - first time ever anyone (other than her) has fovourably compared a part of my body to hers.
2) this guy used to bully me on the school bus with some other [email protected] for being fat. Although he is now my sis's friend and has been nice to me for a few years now, that was just such a fantastic turnaround.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:03 am

wow tegan kudos to you! that mustve felt wonderful! even if the guy was tanked- thats usually when they come out of their shells and telly ou what they REALLY think lol. well done :)
kate_turner2000

Postby slimmindown » Sun Oct 08, 2006 10:27 am

That would of felt awesome. :D :D
It certainly is nice to be told you look good. I bet you went to sleep with a big smile on your face.... :lol:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby Fairie » Sun Oct 08, 2006 3:04 pm

How great you must feel Tegan, you deserve it you have lost heaps. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby carlton » Sun Oct 08, 2006 5:12 pm

That's great Teaghan. You should feel very proud.
carlton

Postby KimE » Sun Oct 08, 2006 7:15 pm

Nice going Tegan and you have done it all yourself through hard work and control. You deserve all the great comments you get! Hot damn it must have made you feel good!

I met up with some friends not long after going below 65kgs and they were screaming at me and asking where the other half of me was! Felt good!
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Groovychic » Wed Nov 01, 2006 8:07 pm

Well Tegan, I am as impressed as I always are with you. And also with Kim. You guys have just done such a fabulous job. You should both be so proud of yourselves as you have both achieved something that is extremely difficult to do. Well done. A big hug for each of you from me.
As for me. Well I am once again jobless.......yay!!! I think I am just a slacko!!! I feel guilty if I have to leave the kids at home, even if it is only for 30 minutes, 3 times a week. And I could see the business going down the drain pretty soon as they are in so much debt and paying so much interest. As it is she owes me 2 weeks pay, and that was a week and a half ago. I doubt I will ever see it. Which really gives me the shits. If I wanted to do volunteer work I would have helped out at the school or something! So now I am just helping out my mum. She has sold our family home. It is on 85 acres and she just couldnt look after it after Dad passed away. I dont hold a grudge against her for that, tho my older sister does because she thinks she should have waited longer than a few months. Anyway she is moving in a few weeks so I have been helping her. And I am going to paint my mother in law's house. She did half a few years ago. She is mid 70's and she was having trouble then. So I will finish it off for her. And then before you know it the kids will be on hols again! I hate palming them off to other people while I go to work so I am rather pleased to not be working anymore. We dont rely on that money that I was earning so I think I would rather be at home with the kids. They grow up so quick. And I bought a little lab puppy!!! She is chewing everything she can get her mouth on at the moment, but fingers crossed my training will work and she will turn out a good dog. Our last dog was put to sleep a few years ago and I figured seen as I wasnt working I'd get another dog. Went into the pet shop and there she was. It was fate I reckon. I'd always wanted another lab and she was a she and she even has the little white bit on her chin like our old dog had!!!
As for weight, well its not doing too good. I put a kilo on whilst on hols in Exmouth and havent been able to budge anything yet. So I weighed myself this morning and I am 69.5. So I am going to go hard now and lose some more. I have purchased a cross trainer and have been going on that. And a few more weeks the dog can probably go for small walks as well. Plus I had my first swim in the pool yesterday. I did laps for 15 mins! We've got a solar cover on it and I have managed to get the water up to about 24/25 degrees! Anyway I have rabbited on for too long here!!! See you all around a bit more now I have all this time on my hands!!!
Big hugs....Rochelle :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSt8KHJ/]
[/url]

Keep Smiling!!!
Groovychic

Postby Ally » Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:23 am

Hey Groovychic

Certainly sounds like you have had an eventful few weeks!! I agree that our children grow up just too quick!! I have always been proud to be a stay at home mum. I lost a lot of friends that way, but hey I didn't judge them for going to work when they had kids, but they found it ok to ditch me because I chose to stay with my kids!!! (such is life!! LOL)

You will certainly be racking up some calorie brownie points by painting your mum-in-laws house!!

I hope that you get your money that you are owed!! It annoys me when businesses think they can rip off their workers and not pay them what they are entitled to. GGrrrrrrr!!!

I wish you all the best with your new found weight loss goal! Good on you for jumping right back in there!! Keep us updated on your progress!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby KimE » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:12 am

Hey Rochelle *hugs* good to hear from you....Yayyy! :D

I think it’s great if you can have more time with your kids as the things that you miss out on you never get back.

A cross trainer, lucky you! My fave machine at the gym and boy can they give you a good calorie burn.

Glad to have you back with us and you know where everything is so I’m sure we’ll see you in the challenges etc.

Best of luck.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Nov 02, 2006 7:23 am

Hi rochelle

sorry to hear about the job mate, but you are right at least you will get to see the kiddies grow up. thats why i didnt go back when my maternity leave finished up, i wanted to stay at home with heidi. they just grow so quickly. plenty of time to work later on in life hehe. and we are able to get by financially too. just...

anyway enjoy the time you have spare with your puppy, kids and family and best wishes for the weightloss :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Livy » Sat Nov 04, 2006 11:16 am

WOW... I had no idea you had lost so much weight until just now! In that 'clothesline' diet book, I remember that lady saying how she went to a wedding, and that was her turning point when she just knew everyone was looking at her thinking about how fat she was. How totally satisfying to go to that party and feel stunning again. To know that you ARE turning heads for the right reasons, not the wrong ones. I hope you told that guy to PING OFF :twisted: I hate that. I hope that one day I can experience what you are experiences.
That is just an awesome post. :!:
Livy

Return to True Stories