It is currently Sat Oct 01, 2016 11:06 pm

Free Newsletter

Duromine. A diary.

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: Duromine. A diary.

Postby Martben » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:53 pm

Mons, good luck with it all and my encouraging words are not at all encouring as this is my worst week since starting the duromine.

Today is the start of week 6 on it, I went to the doctor to weigh in on Tuesday and to check why everytime I stand up I nearly faint, turns out my blood pressure is "very" low according to the doctor and if it continues she said it is obviously the medication, I have been fine until now, and she said that people can experience side effects after 1 month of taking it. I feel like crap, am supposed to be on bed rest..hmm, not possible with 2 small kids, and doc wants me to increase my salt intake, but not too much as I will put on weight!! I am going back to have it checked again next week and should it continue no more duromine for me! :( I really want to know if anyone else has had blood pressure problems whilst on duromine?

Also, when I weighed in at the doctors I had lost 8kgs in 5 and a bit weeks, the doctor told me that I was on the verge of losing too much for that amount of time, and if I had lost anymore she would have taken me off the tablets for awhile. When I started them she told me the average loss was 15kg in 6weeks, now, does anyone think that is weird???? Can you tell me what your doctors said about how much you should lose weekly on duromine? My head is in a spin as I have been incredibly hard on myself since starting these tablets, thinking I had lost nowhere near enough each week...now she tells me it is nearly too much.

NEED YOUR ANSWERS
Martben

Postby Mons » Fri Sep 10, 2010 4:03 pm

My 2nd week on Duromine is almost over. I am weighing 81kg now, that is a loss of 4kg the past 3 weeks already. I'm not losing as fast as I would like, or as fast as some of you are losing, but at least I hope I'll be able to keep it off when I come off the Duromine.
Yes, this week especially I've been noticing my emotional state is playing yo-yo with me. I can laugh and feel happy the one minute just to want to cry the next minute. Last night I went to my fiancee to visit with him for a few hours. He made the nicest dinner for us and then he started talking about some things and that really upset me so much so that I started crying. And he doesn't like it when I cry. In the end he said I'm tiring him out. I just pray to God that I don't lose him because of my emotional state.
So let's see how week 3 comes along. Everyone at work said to me I'm losing quite fast now. Just sorry that the scale doesn't show it, but now on the other hand my PT told me muscles weigh more than fat and I'm losing fat with all the gymming but also I'm building my muscle tone and that can be the reason why the scale doesn't show that I'm losing.
Mons

Postby lalalaaa » Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:40 pm

Hi Mons,
The Duromine might be making you a bit emotional, but it could also be a lack of carbs making you a bit foggy.
Remember to tell your man you love him.
Good luck with your weightloss, I am sure you'll be gorgeous for your wedding.

I know the duromine stops your from being hungry, but please try to have a balanced diet in regards to the food you eat.
I have also set out to lose 20kg, I started on a shake based system where I lost 7 kgs quite quickly and then switched to 'counting calories' its been slower but its help remind me the value of what I pop in my mouth and I think its something that I can continue after I chose to stop dieting... I also upped the exercise(gym and walks). I work fairly long days leaving home by 6am and returning after 6pm and have found an evening walk does wonders to clear my head and help me sleep a bit better.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNncKpV/]
[/url]
lalalaaa

Postby Mons » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:07 pm

Well, a month now since starting on Duromine and it is better. Yes, there are days that I feel the Duromine isn't working as I get hungry quicker, BUT I try to keep to my eating schedule (and I skip Duromine 1 or 2 days a week). 8am Breakfast (normally just a bowl of porridge, no sugar, but honey), 10am a snack like an apple or carrot, 12 pm lunch (sandwich) and 3pm another snack, then I try to eat dinner before 7 at the latest. If it gets too late I'll pack my dinner in a food tin and take it to work the next day for lunch. Sometimes I crave for a chocolate, and I do buy the chocolate, but I just eat a small piece and give the rest to my sister or fiancee. I try to stay on a calorie count of less than a 1000 a day. Gym is great at the moment, been doing cardio with stomach exercises for the past 3 weeks already. This morning I measured myself (it's been quite a while since I measured, I'm just weighing myself, but the past week I've not been weighing myself either as I get depressed if I don't see results) and the measurements was quite encouraging. My middle section I lost 30cm since the beginning of the year, and my hips I've lost 14cm already. The only places I gained is my bust area and my thighs, but they say it can be because of muscles.
My fiancee is also gone for the week and that gives me more time to exercise. I never liked going to the gym, but they say if you do something more than 30times then it becomes a habit, ok it's not been 30 times for me (yet), but I feel bad and guilty if I don't go to the gym in the morning. When I get to the gym my body protests a lot against the exercise, but 10minutes into training (I do cycling on a trainer for about 20min) my body starts working along, then it becomes easier.
So, I don't think I'll have a problem getting off the Duromine.
Good luck everyone.
Mons

Postby lalalaaa » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:25 pm

Your going great Mons, that cms loss is fantastic.
In the real world noone can see how many kgs you see on the scales, they CAN see you and your diminesions though and they they look like they are shrinking.
Well done.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNncKpV/]
[/url]
lalalaaa

Previous

Return to True Stories