It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 7:11 pm

Free Newsletter

My Story

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

My Story

Postby bne25 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:11 am

Hi All

I'd like to share my story, or more so my journey with you all as I've been so inspired by other's stories. I also want to commit to my goal of losing 15kg in 3 months and I think posting my journey on here will help by providing some real motivation for me.

My breaking point
My breaking point came this morning when i weighed in as normal and honestly felt hopeless. Headed to the kitchen - 3 pieces of toast, 2 smothered in peanut butter. Logged on to Calorie King... yep there's my entire day's fat ration and close to half my allocated calories gone. Got dressed and felt awful.

Over the past few months I've avoided all social outings, I'd say I've been out maybe 3 times since February and each time felt incredibly uncomfortable and awkward. Needless to say my friends are getting sick of it and are starting to feel annoyed. I've known for a while that my friends from sydney are coming up to visit in 2 weeks (weekend of 14/8) and this time round if I don't see them this will probably be a friendship I lose. My facebook profile photo is one of me weighing 10kg lighter! Imagine their faces if they see me now!

With all of the above on my mind I headed to the doctor and had a cigarette in the car. I quit smoking in 2006 after smoking since high school but in the last 2 weeks as my emotions have got me so down, and looking for a way to avoid food here and there, have smoked 4 cigarettes in the past 2 weeks.

Explaining my current situation to the doc, he asked if I've heard of Duromine and would I like to give it a try? I have heard of it before but from a friend who didn't recommend it and said it made her go a little crazy, but at this point, what kind of life am I living when I stay inside, avoid nearly all social contact and feel miserable 99% of the time?

Plan of attack
After reading so many stories today and tonight I really feel more confident and education on how I should attack things.

From the doc - 30mg Duromine daily

In addition:

1. Eatting goal for the week = no more peanut butter!!
2. Exercise goal for the week = 3 x 1.5hr gym sessions
3. No smoking
4. Motivation - posting on here and reading other people's stories.

My current stats
25F / 155cm / 65.6kg
- low blood pressure
- low hormone levels

Goals
- The big goal: lose 15kg over the next 3 months.
- Feel stronger in general, not feel ashamed
- Not feel like my own skin is tugging on me
- Be able to get to the beach this summer, I miss the ocean!

I'd love to hear any good news/tips/quotes/stories/facts that might help me on my way.

xo
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wRWkmyv/]
[/url]
bne25

Re: My Story

Postby bne25 » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:02 am

Day 1, 1am - can't sleep

Don't feel energised but can't sleep either. Can't wait to get to the gym tomorrow morning and eventually fitting into my jeans again.

Thinking positive thoughts.
[/url]
bne25

Postby bne25 » Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:59 am

Day 2:
- Woke up with a slight headache
- didn't have an increase feeling of energy

Exercise:
Morning - 1.5hr walk, 15 minutes of weights
Afternoon - 1 hr walk

Food:
Fruit and raw nuts

Exercise:
1hr walk
15 minutes of weights

Food:
Salad, fruit, nuts

Exercise:
45 minute run, 10minute walk

Food:
Salad, fruit, coffee, mini muffin

- am starting to feel hungry again which was pretty much non existent in day 2 and 3
- today's small coffee was the first caffeine I've had since on duromine, i definitely felt an extra buzz

Today!

bne25

Postby bne25 » Sun Aug 08, 2010 2:45 pm

Day 5
Full day of uni and work, woke up late and only had time for a budget workout at the gym, 30min walk and 15 min weights. Started to feel a bit hungry today. Had some chocolate for the first time in the afternoon, sugar rush was pretty full on, but i had 4 choc covered strawberries instead of a whole choc bar and felt overly satisfied at that.

Day 6
Hadn't had much of a loss from previous day and didn't have much on for a saturday so stayed at the gym for just under 2.5hrs, 1.5 walking, 1hr on the cross training, switching back at 30 minute intervals. Ate: weet bix, soy milk, salad and fruit.

Day 7
Today, feeling pretty hungry, so far have had fruit and still need to get to the gym....

Head/side effects wide: completely normal, possibly feel appetite suppression wearing off already?
[/url]
bne25

Postby matchbox » Sun Aug 08, 2010 4:19 pm

keep up the good work! :mrgreen:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby bne25 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 6:58 pm

matchbox wrote:keep up the good work! :mrgreen:

Thank you! :)

Day 7:
Had a few extra calories today, I wasn't particularly hungry, just hanging out in front of the couch with my mum and sister... and well, that's what we do in front of the tv... eat.

No gym either

Gain of 0.5

Day 8:
Accepted yesterday and got back on the band wagon, ate approx 600 cals and went ran 30minutes, walked 1hr

Loss 0.2 (was hoping to knock that 0.5 back off, that will teach me)

SYMPTOM time

- Major back door blockage, although haven't tried to take anything for it
- General "sick" feeling, not pain, not really anything, just a yuk feeling
- Had a few sleepless nights, last night was one of them
- Nothing personality wise
- No headaches
[/url]
bne25

Postby bne25 » Sun Aug 15, 2010 11:13 am

Days 10 - 14

Things have kind of settled down after the last post, still feel sick in the stomach sometimes but don't feel as backed up as the start of the week. Have also missed the last 4 days at the gym!!!!

All and all things are travelling well food wise, certainly rarely feel hungry.

I think the total weight loss for this week was only 0.4kg? to be expected with no gym I guess.

I feel so anxious about wanting to lose this weight asap (I still don't fit most my clothes), so I'm aiming for a 1.7kg loss this week so I can hit 59.9kg
[/url]
bne25

Postby jeankarla » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:26 am

Hello there,

Aside from my story, I would like to share this one of the most successful stories of losing weight. Take look.

Dave “The Raw Food Driver” currently lost 178 pounds when he started to do raw food diet. He has been making healthy juices coming from raw fruits and vegetable. This man have struggled a lot in the past as he underwent colon cancer stage two which we all know that can be fatal if not treated. He also had kidney problem which lead him to undergo MRI or known as Magnetic Resonance Imaging where you can clearly visualize the kidney in action to detect some abnormalities, damages or problems. But what is amazing about Dave is that he started to weigh approximately 411 pound and now around 230.

This should be inspiring and motivating for all.
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: It is against forum rules to post a commercial link in your signature.
jeankarla

Return to True Stories