It is currently Fri Oct 28, 2016 11:07 pm

Free Newsletter

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Ruby_04 » Fri Aug 13, 2010 1:01 am

I'm 21, female, currently I'm on Duromine (The weight loss drug)

Before I started Duromine I was 66.5kgs and 161cms tall. I wasn't overly overweight but I have been struggling for the last year to get down to 55kgs... I eat well, lots of veggies, water, protein. I play intense sport 4 times a week and have tried all the fads from the lemon detox diet, shakes, lean cuisine, optifast, fatblaster etc.. with no success...

My doctor prescribed me Duromine 30mg 8 days ago (thankgod) and so far I am still 161cms tall (unfortunately) but I have only dropped 2.5kgs much to my disappointment. I was hoping that I'd lose about 5kgs each week, but beggers can't be choosers I suppose.

Lucky for me I had barely any side effects. I was a bit shaky and energetic for the first two days where I only slept 6 hours and then pretty much ran through the rest of my day at full speed. Now I sleep like a baby and have lost the shakes.
I'd have to say the worst side effect for me is the dry-tongue feeling, I keep licking my lips because of it and its become more of an irritant on my lips than anything else but it reminds me to drink a lot of water.
I definitely have not lost my sex-drive which was one the the things I was concerned about before I started taking the drug and have in no way been moody. I think a lot of it had to do with me reading up on peoples experiences and telling myself that once I was on the drug I wouldn't let it get the better of me and decide my moods. Theres been a few times where I've felt like I was going to explode with anger but I always manage to talk myself through it and if I'm still really pissed off I just shut my mouth and do something until I've calmed down.

I keep a food diary which is so helpful, it feels so good when you look back at it and realise you ate a moderate meal of healthy food - keeps me motivated.
As for alcohol. I take my Duromine pill at 10:30am every morning (I know it may seem late to some people but I'm in bed at 11pm every night and don't hit the grumpy stage people have been writing about.) Anyway, I started drinking at 5pm - Schnapps (Butterscotch - delicious) and polished off 7 glasses and felt more sober than I did without Duromine. ( I guess it reacts to everyone differently - though don't EVER take zrytec the day you're drinking - that's a different story...)
I didn't throw up, feel dizzy, lose consciousness etc. nothing. lucky for me.

Hopefully I can write back soon and tell you I've lost another 5kgs in 4 days or something... I doubt it but theres no harm in hoping :)

Postby Jisgone » Mon Aug 16, 2010 12:06 am

To lose 1 kilo a day you have to have a calorie deficit of 7700. You burn about 2000 calories just being alive so provided you eat nothing and excercise for about 12 hours a day you will lose 5kg in 4 days no problems.

Return to True Stories