It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 11:47 pm

Free Newsletter

Friday 2/9

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Friday 2/9

Postby Dolly » Fri Sep 02, 2005 8:56 am

Wow did I ever get a shock on the scales this morning. Those bbq spare ribs I ate last night made my scales read something I thought I'd never see.

I have to go back and take baby steps again so I've dug out my old Easy Slim Diet and promised my husband I would not eat any sugar (other than fruit) and that I also promised to (this time) stick to the diet for two full days (at least)

THE PLAN
Morning coffee
going to force myself to walk around the block
Another coffee
At noon I'll have my breakfast
At mid afternoon I'll have my lunch
At dinnertime I'll have my meal WITH my husband (I often eat before he gets home)

That plan should lessen the pressure of me always wanting to eat in the late afternoons and evenings :lol:

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:07 am

Morning everyone,

Yoghurt and Fruit for me again this morning.

I am expecting a shock on the scales also Dolly :shock: after last weekend.

Your plan sounds ok but how can you not eat anything till noon, I would be so hungry by then I would eat anything I could get my hands on :roll:
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Serena » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:51 am

I can't start my day without breakfast either - I feel flat all day if I even try. Maybe you haven't really put on weight Dolly and it's just the physical weight of the meal still in your body. Meat takes longer to digest doesn't it? And why are you weighing yourself everyday? A seasoned dieter should know better - more than once a week just messes with your head!

Now that the sermon is over, I've had 2 slices of wholemeal raisin toast with lite butter and my coffee for brekky. We were planning on having sushi for lunch but I haven't done anything to prepare for it other than defrost some tuna. Maybe we'll be having tuna with veg instead. Not much of a comparison, is it?
Serena

Postby Dolly » Fri Sep 02, 2005 2:27 pm

So far I've managed to stick to The Plan.
I'm about to walk to the shops (lets hope I don't buy anything naughty)

Breakfast
2 weetbix
1 wholemeal toast (no spread)
1 soft boiled egg
orange

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Serena » Fri Sep 02, 2005 5:21 pm

We bought a small tub each of pasta salad and couscous salad from the deli and had salad with our tuna steaks. We've bought another piece of tuna and a piece of salmon and will hopefully be organised enough for sushi tomorrow. Have also had a tub of yoghurt and orange juice. I've hired two of Carmen Electra's Fit to Strip DVD's (I think it's just dance fitness, not actual stripping - well I hope anyway!) and if I like them I might even consider buying them. I think I need some new fun videos. I've also gotten some more exercise in just now as I heard the dog outside with something and went out to discover that she's found a big sheet of foam and has ripped it into tiny little bits and I've had to pick it all up. Being naughty is her way of punishing me for painting her feet and freaking her out I'm sure!
Serena

Postby Dolly » Fri Sep 02, 2005 7:39 pm

Serena, I love your posts today, I read them out loud to my son that goes to Uni. He thought they were pretty funny too, from your persistence to get that chocky and then painting your dogs paws for the card teehee!

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:45 pm

Where are Pam, Funny Bone and Robroy?
I hope they return to lose weight with us.

Today for lunch
I had a wholemeal sandwich of smoked salmon and salad.

Dinner was a chicken stirfry
containing chopped chicken breasts, red capsicum, green capsicum, onion, a bunch of fresh asparagus, some oyster sauce and a squirt of chilli sauce.
It was served on a bed of steamed pakistan basmati rice.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Serena » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:13 am

Carmen Electra wasn't as fun as I thought she would be. Not much of a workout either although I had a quick look at the second one and it looked more promising than the first. She sure does love to shove her boobs in your face (no nudity thankfully) but then I suppose if my boobs were as expensive as hers obviously are then I'd probably wanna show them off too. Anyway, have been naughty again - pizza and canadian clubs! Shame on me. It's always when you feel kind of down already that you eat the junk. I guess that's why they call it emotional eating. Never mind - one day I'll be gorgeous and nobody would ever believe that I once weighed 140kg!
Serena

Postby Dolly » Sat Sep 03, 2005 1:59 am

Fairie, I'm lucky I don't feel hungry in the mornings, so I'm happy my plan worked for day one. I hope I can manage another day (It's so hard on the weekends because of the others at home binging in chocolate and chips etc.)

Serena, I'm giving you a Saturday challenge.
Firstly find a diet you know has worked for you in the past, and try not to step outside that diet for a full 24 hours, that includes drinking your 6 to 8 glasses of water.

Do ya wanna take my 1 day challenge on? It goes till 11pm Saturday night.
Remember, you did incredibly well with the August Challenge (you came in second) so I reckon you could clinch a trophy next month.
If you want a good dance instructor for your exercise on Saturday,
Gay Spiderman has kindly volunteered to show us all a few dance tips that we can follow.
Dolly
Dolly

Return to True Stories