It is currently Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:37 pm

Free Newsletter

Labrador lost 20 kilos

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Labrador lost 20 kilos

Postby 67kilogoal » Sat Mar 19, 2011 11:05 pm

I don't want to compare dogs with humans, but I thought this might interest some of you. I met a lady the other day whose labrador had lost 20 kilos over 2 years! I asked what she had done. She said the family used to feed the dog continuously during the day. The dog soon weighed 60 kilos. So the owner bought a set of scales and weighed the dogs daily ration out each morning. If the dog got a snack it came out of this bowl, and whatever was left became the dogs dinner. I was very impressed with what the owner had done and I thought I could use a similar technique for my snacks during the day.
67kilogoal

Re: Labrador lost 20 kilos

Postby äirly » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:11 am

Well i imagine you might have to make a few adjustments, but thats a good idea! I guess when I'm on a calorie restricted diet thats what i do basically - i mean, if i want dessert or a special dinner i have to tone down lunch and maybe breakfast to make up for it. But visually having something there like a bowl would be rather inspiring.
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Re: Labrador lost 20 kilos

Postby Phat-Beth » Fri Sep 09, 2011 4:55 pm

My dog is also overweight, so this gives me hope! I know that she'll never be down to the recommended weight for her breed (she's a mix, they don't factor that in), but maybe she can walk off some pounds. She works out plenty (seriously, she gladly walks for hours with me, and then looks disappointed if I cut our walk short later in the evening), but I suppose I'm somewhat of a sucker when it comes to giving her food... I'm going to try cutting down on her dinner size, but she makes it known that that offends her.

Beth
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Spam removed from signature.
Phat-Beth

Return to True Stories