It is currently Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:06 pm

Free Newsletter

How I lost 50kgs, Size 18 to a Size 8

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

How I lost 50kgs, Size 18 to a Size 8

Postby PTchrystle » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:50 pm

Hey there, I'm new to the forum here and I wanted to be part of the weight loss community.

I've lost 50kgs, and it was fricking hard work. I know everyone says it's easy (in theory it is) but they forget about all the bad habits we have, all the times we just jumped on the scales to say (F*ck you scales... I've been so good this week - where is the love?) hehe. You know what I'm saying.

I went shopping to buy new old ones were a bit snug (which is what I called it, snug). I tried on my normal size (or so I thought) 14-16... and found out that I was way to big for that. So I tried the 18, and little did I realise they were snug. I cried and left to go home, and pulled out the old jeans from home noticing for once how stretched they were...

I actually decided right then to become a personal trainer. Why? Because I figured I'd have to be fit and healthy and I'd never be overweight and miserable again. I told my boyfriend, he just smiled and asked what I would have to do to make that happen.

So I was glad to have him on my team, he was keen for me to get into it all and get a career, and also get healthy. It was all little steps, one after the other. Anytime I had a weight loss plateau I made a lifestyle (food or workout) change to make sure the following week was better.

Thats when I realised I was down 30kgs... so I kept going for another 10. Then I became a Trainer! Qualified and ready to go... my peers who studied with me probably thought I was mental... but even over my first year I lost another 10kgs.

I'm working on some toning, and the last 5-7kgs I have left... it's not much compared to the rest. But It's my body and it wants to keep fit and healthy so I'm going to flatten my belly once and for all.

I'd love to meet other's who are losing weight too, or who want to chat about recipes (i usually do simple quick ones) but I'm keen none the less.

I'm always keen to answer questions too :D

Thanks for reading
Last edited by EvilWombatQueen on Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Signature removed. It is against forum rules to use your signature to advertise products or services.

Re: How I lost 50kgs, Size 18 to a Size 8

Postby LALTA123 » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:22 am

hi just read your story and welldone you done amazing i need to lose about 25kg just started weightwatchers last week lets see, any tips that might help speed up the process

Postby newyork » Sun Apr 03, 2011 1:33 pm

Well done on the weightloss and career move :D Makes sense to work in the fitness industry if you want to remain fit and healthy! At the moment I am down 17kg, and working with a personal trainer. I've yet to discuss this with her as she was sick last week, but I've noticed my inner thighs need a lot of work! I read that this is not fat, but untoned muscle that just needs to be worked on. Is this right? What do you recommend?

Postby PTchrystle » Fri Apr 08, 2011 3:52 pm

Thanks for the love!

With the tips for Lalta are

In general my biggest tips are:

-Find the right mix of Carbs, Fats and Proteins for your body. When that works - your body drops fat easily
-Exercise is so fun, but sometimes the fun stuff might not be what our bodies need... we have to make sure we are doing both what we know we need, and what we just love doing.
-No matter how bad your food gets, you can fix it - don't let the food own your body... it's your body - take back control.

Most importantly - NEVER feel ashamed for stuffing it up. Keep your chin up and ask for help, be specific and share your hardest problems, or the things you just can't stop doing. Then do anything you can to get back on track - but believe in what your doing ;) the mind is 90% of the battle.

I know how you feel with the inner thighs. Generally women hold more fat in there. Toning will make a big difference and your trainer can share some great exercises for the muscles we call adductors (and surrounding muscles) but don't discount your diet. Usually the right diet gets that last bit of fat off the body.

No matter how firm and area is, if you can't see the muscle lines (like you would on a bodybuilder) you will still have bodyfat you could lose. That however doesn't mean you should lose it ... nothing like looking like a lady instead of a bodybuilder. So do some toning and keep working towards your goals - find a few specific exercises you enjoy.

I find these three are great and they target more muscles as well:
Step Ups (find something a bit higher than normal and also add some weight) this targets the inner thigh as well as the quads and hamstrings
Sumo Squats - these are 100% the best ever. Get a nice heavy weight and keep a good eye on those knees (as they will likely not stay in place facing the toes)
Leg Press (with a slightly out turned feet - almost like a ballerina) These are similar to sumo squats, but still great!

If your not sure what any of those are (I often assume people know...) just send me a private message :D
Chrystle Elise Wellburn
From Size 18 - Size 8 (50kgs lost)

Postby waterbaby » Wed May 25, 2011 1:58 pm

Wow Crystale, well done and thanks for sharing with us all.
I like what you said about getting the mix of carbs, fats & protein right. I now track my food online and realise I am eating far too much sugar (mostly honey in my tea, sugar in my cereal etc). But I wonder what is your take on protein? I tend to gravitate to protein and I wonder if I am eating too much of that also..?
I am now exercising (30-60min) 3 x week and trying to buid to 5 or 6.
Thanks again
Rachel - mama of 2 boys (DS7 & 2)
SW 104kg
CW 97.5kg
Goal Weight: 65-68 kg
Working hard now! No room in my life now for half-hearted attempts!

Postby Fallonw » Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:58 pm

Losing 50kg is amazing.

My goal is to lose 40kg.

I have 11kg more to lose.

I have lots of areas I would like to tone. The main areas are my tummy, arms and thighs. Which exercises should I use to tone these areas?

Return to True Stories