It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 1:16 pm

Free Newsletter

Saturday 10/9

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Saturday 10/9

Postby Serena » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:09 am

I have rejoined weight watcher's this morning. I was sitting around last night feeling sorry for myself and came to the conclusion that I really need to do something to take back control of my life. I have had success with weight watcher's before when I've really committed myself and they have a special on so you don't have to pay the membership fee if you have a magazine coupon so I decided to join. We can't really afford it but we always seem to find money for takeaway or alcohol so I guess it's more about priorities than money.
Serena

Postby Serena » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:41 pm

I had muesli with fruit salad for brekky and coffee. I had a banana for morning tea and have just had a multigrain roll with ham and chutney, no butter. I guess I'm doing ok. I feel like eating although not necessarily because I'm hungry. I will make some of their points free soup and have it for an afternoon snack. Tea is corned beef - I think we'll have sweet potato and pumpkin mash, red cabbage, grilled eggplant and steamed broccoli and cauli. I saw in the WW magazine a recipe for muesli cookies dipped in chocolate and I think they were only 2 points each. I might have to try them out next week.
Serena

Postby Dolly » Sat Sep 10, 2005 12:59 pm

Serena, congratulations on rejoining weight watchers (I also belong to their merry little group) I love shocking their socks off with stuff like having a 2 kilo gain in a week. Once I found out they could handle that and not say a word because that was the way my body sometimes worked, we got along great.
The supportive chats are very inspiring.

Brekky
2 vitabrits
and a glass of skim milk

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Serena » Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:12 pm

Hopefully I can stick with it this time. The points system is just so much easier to deal with and you don't have to think about it too much.
Serena

Postby Dolly » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:21 pm

Ooops don't ask me what I had for lunch. I am sooooo naughty on weekends.
SOS I need a live in nutritionist to keep me in line Image
Hang on, I'll get that ol' boot out that will give me a swift kick up the Khyber Pass to help keep me in line.
Dolly
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:37 pm

Tonight for Dinner
I had a Weight Watchers hawaiian pizza (at 230g's it looked pretty tiny) I thought oh ow, I can inhale this little thing up my left nostril. But once I actually ate it, I was surprised to find it was quite filling.
The piaaz was worth 7 Weight Watcher points (I'm allowed 23 points per day, with my chinese lunch I think I've had about 40)

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Serena » Sat Sep 10, 2005 10:21 pm

We had corned beef with sweet potato mash and it was yummy. We had low fat custard and fruit salad for sweets which I think brought me up to 17 points and I'm allowed 26 points (for one week at least - I'm right on the threshold) so I had some home brew ginger beer which I will say was 2 points. Sometimes I feel like such an alcoholic. And tomorrow is Grand Prix night again! I really enjoy canadian clubs while I watch the race but I think you're only allowed 14 sugar points for the week. That won't leave me many to get through the rest of the week. What if I need a giant Freddo?
Serena

Postby Dolly » Sat Sep 10, 2005 11:06 pm

You could always let your husband eat the giant freddo and you could just sniff the wrapper as many calorie free times as you like.
Dolly

Return to True Stories