It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:48 am

Free Newsletter

Sunday 11th September

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Sunday 11th September

Postby Maraver » Sun Sep 11, 2005 6:24 am

Morning girl.its about 5.20am here in Adelaide but I am always up with the Larks, I have my new CD of Phil Collins playing gently to me in the background, anyone else a Phil Collins fan I think for the younger girls they may not know who her is :lol:
I have to tell you what a brilliant day I had with "Fay" Fairie yesterday I was meant to stay a couple of hours and stayed all day I feel like I have known her for ever it was just like meeting a old friend that I had lost contact with, and you know what I enjoyed more than anything the main topic of the conversation was not weight loss, I mean we were good all day in what we ate, but we talked about so many other things, we had such alot in common, I showed her stuff on the computer and I think I may have created a monster there I am sure we will see some good graphics coming from that house soon.
Thanks Fay for making me feel so welcome, we have plans to meet again soon and do some walks together and more computer stuff and talking too, but Fay and her husband Gerry have such a busy life we shall have to book ahead so Fay can get some time off :lol:
Guess what I took photos but not of us together next time :lol: I was too busy talking photos of her beautiful granddaughter Crystal and all their stunning birds, will go through the photos today and show you the better ones
Pam
Last edited by Maraver on Sun Sep 11, 2005 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Dolly » Sun Sep 11, 2005 7:56 am

That's awesome Pam, hanging out together with Fairie sounded wonderful. We'd love to see some pictures.

Did you end up going to the Royal Adelaide Show the other day,
what was it like this year? (they really should change the name to State Fair)

Survivor, jump in and tell us what you had for breakfast today.

Serena, thanks for letting me know in yesterdays post that you're only allowed 14 WW sugar points a week, I totally had not acknoledged that. I'd better go back to my Weight Watcher book 1 and read it properly this time. Low Gycemic is the only way to go.

Breakfast
2 weet-bix
1 cup milk
1 piece of fruit

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:20 am

Morning everyone,

I had such a great day with Pam yesterday and we have so much in common, I can't wait to catchup again. We are going to do some walking and Pam is showing me so much on the computer, I'll be a whiz in no time. :lol: :? :? :lol:
I have to get some brownie points and finish doing out accounts first so that DH doesn't complain to much about the time I'm on the computer. :wink:

We had a nice healthy lunch and you know we didn't even discuss loosing weight we had so much else to talk about.

Breakfast

Bacon & Eggs

I hope everyone has a good day :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:41 am

Fairie, how exciting having Pam come for a visit.
I'm so glad you had such a wonderful time together.

I like your high protein breakfast, makes me realize I haven't had any protein yet, I think I'll go grab some yoghurt then do something that looks like exercise for a couple of minutes.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Maraver » Sun Sep 11, 2005 9:52 am

Andy is busy getting organised to go to Sydney, he will be away for a few days, cooked him scambled eggs on toast for brekky popping out to the shops later to pick up some stuff for work and then have a few days to myself well apart from working ofcourse
Pam
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Dolly » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:55 am

You won't have a chance to get lonely whilst Andy is away. We'll keep you company right here.
Dolly

Postby Serena » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:09 am

I'm glad you girls had fun yesterday. Computer buddies are fun but it kind of pales a bit compared to real face-to-face friends. Darren is a big fan of Phil Collins from his Genesis days, Pam, and I don't mind his stuff (Darren's a fair bit older than me).

Well I finished yesterday on 22 1/2 points and I'm allowed 26 so that's not bad. Hoping to keep up the good work. Hopefully this afternoon I will get a walk in although I won't be going unless this icy wind goes away. I might have to tidy up my gym room and do a video. I've written myself a big list of housework to do this afternoon, since Darren is doing overtime and I'm going to start a fresh housework week with a clean house. But housework earns plenty of bonus points too, so maybe I don't need that walk after all. Off to mum's for lunch. I swear she's deliberately trying to fatten us all up - she serves herself a normal sized meal and everyone else gets at least 3 times that much and the guys get more again. Maybe she's going to cook the fattest piggy for Christmas dinner! I'd better get cracking on my diet or I'll be the one on the spit!
Serena

Postby Serena » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:37 pm

I told my sister the Christmas dinner theory and she thinks she's pretty safe but I think I could probably catch her by then if I behave on my diet. 15 weeks is a long time and she's only 20kg lighter than me!

Lunch was roast pork. I didn't count the crackle though. Maybe I should. We had rice pudding with cream for sweets but I decided that I was full so only had a couple of mouthfuls and the dogs enjoyed the rest. I don't think I'll be getting that walk in - the icy winds are being broken intermitently by icy showers. No thanks.
Serena

Postby Dolly » Sun Sep 11, 2005 3:47 pm

If your mum serves mega helpings you can do what my daughter did to educate me.
I piled up everyones plate as I'd always done, then my daughter walked into the kitchen got out another plate and placed on it one third of what was on the other plate as her helping.
She continued to do this to me over 4 days before it finally sunk in and from that day forth I just served her small meals.

Another option would be to place all the veggies, meat and gravy in serving bowls for everyone to help themselves to what they like and how much they like.

Lunch
was toasted cheese and tomato sandwiches
and a cup of coffee.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:19 pm

Good on you Serena for taking the step and joining WW 8)

Lunch

Took the grandaughter to Macca's for lunch and I had a Turkey & Cranberry Deli Roll :oops:

Dinner

Fresh Fish
Salad
Rockmelon
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Maraver » Sun Sep 11, 2005 8:27 pm

Fairie wrote:Good on you Serena for taking the step and joining WW 8)

Lunch

Took the grandaughter to Macca's for lunch and I had a Turkey & Cranberry Deli Roll :oops:

Dinner

Fresh Fish
Salad
Rockmelon

Well you did promise her Macca
Hope she is ok today
Pam
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Serena » Sun Sep 11, 2005 10:16 pm

Had a corned beef sandwich for tea and some custard with fruit salad for sweets. I have also had heaps of water today - maybe 4 litres! I've noticed when you drink more water you feel more like drinking water. Maybe it's a detox thing. Anyway, didn't manage any formal exercise and didn't get through much of my 'to do' list either but that's okay - it's the weekend (for two more hours, at least). I'm currently on 22 points I think but the grand prix is on later and I'll have to have canadian clubs and when I went to Dan Murphy's to buy them they didn't have the 4-pack, only the 6-pack! That's extra tempting! I will try to behave myself and not drink them all but no promises.
Serena

Return to True Stories