It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:19 am

Free Newsletter

My Story with Piccies :)

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

My Story with Piccies :)

Postby CherryB » Tue Aug 23, 2011 5:01 pm

forum1.jpg
forum1.jpg (180.41 KiB) Viewed 6210 times
forum2.jpg
How sad... the 'now' should not be that pic!
forum2.jpg (145.76 KiB) Viewed 6210 times
Hi everyone,

THE STATS:
Well - it's been one hell of a journey for me over the past couple of years with regards to weight loss. In 2009 I lost 15kg going absolutely insane on a three month body challenge which resulted in me having the best physique I could imagine for myself - only to sit here today two years later talking about 'what I used to have'.

BEFORE THE WEIGHT LOSS:
I was depressed, drinking, partying and a lost little soul. I had been weighty for quite some time so I was used to the feeling of extra weight and even tried to convince myself and others that I was okay with that, however behind closed doors I would gorge on chippies, chocolate, take-away, and - wait for it - 2-3 LITRES OF COCA-COLA per day! Yes, I was personally responsible for keeping that bloody company running! I always felt sluggish; like I was stuffed with pillows and I was forever tired, moody, anxious and everything else that one usually feels when they're not eating right or exercising. I am an emotional eater too, so because I was constantly feeling down about myself I would head straight to the cupboard, fridge, neighbours' fridge (just kidding!), Coca-Cola factory (just kidding again!) - but seriously I would eat myself into even more of a depression, and do it so blindly I could see no way out.

DURING THE WEIGHT LOSS:
I had a very low calorie intake on the body challenge and already noticed a difference in the first four days, especially around my belly. It just seemed lighter. As days progressed I felt a sense of worth, power and reason - it was weird. Although there definitely were physical changes, the most amazing was how I felt health-wise mentally. However in regards to the physical changes, people were noticing differences within the first two weeks and friends would say, "Wow! Look at your arms!" or "Far out! You've lost so much weight!" and it made me feel happy. The weight started to drop off fast and determination had set in like you wouldn't believe, and I was a healthy force to be reckoned with! Coca-Cola almost went out of business! Although I will say during the first two weeks I was one moody, MOOOODY grumpybum whose soft drink habits were being tested like never before - but I turned away from it.

AFTER THE WEIGHT LOSS:
This is going to sound egotistical no matter how I put it, but I'm sure others will admit to this too. There is a different feeling having the physique you've always wanted - and people treat you accordingly. I had such healthy confidence and pride and people picked up on it and complimented me on everything from my skin to my physique. People really treated me differently like I was important, and even men would notice! I admit I felt more sexy than ever. Hehe. :mrgreen:

Putting on clothes was amazing! EVERYTHING fitted! I'd look in the mirror and think, "What? That did fit?" and I would read "size 8" on the tag and giggle, then of course go and try on more clothes even if I had no intention of buying (much to the dismay of the retailers). I would walk and not feel heavy, I no longer had to sit covering my belly with my arms whilst trying to pretend that's not what I was doing (especially in photos), and even when I sat my belly was non-existent. I felt great, and didn't care what angle a photo was taken from either!

Most of all I felt accomplished, motivated, healthy like crazy to the point where everything had so much damn clarity that it was sometimes scary! I felt fit, beautiful and strong with the utmost of energy. Running up a flight of stairs required the same energy as flopping into a couch.

NOW:
Don't ask... :oops: :( :cry:

Well, I don't know what happened really. I felt I had done so well that afterwards I treated myself... then treated myself again... then, treated myself just one more tiny widdlee time, then, ummmmm... and that's when everything began to unravel and spiral back out of control. I did the challenge but did not give myself maintenance goals which meant I had no idea where I was headed so I went the only way I knew, and that was backwards. I began to think, "That's okay, I deserve it", "Just this once, I'm still skinny", etc., etc. And to my dismay two years down the track I'm 15kg heavier, chubby, drinking Coca-Cola again (just finished a can now) and I'm constantly comparing myself to 'my better self'.

I'm not blaming anyone or anything for gaining the weight again, but I am giving myself the reason that I did not have another plan of action to continue my journey through health and fitness. PLEASE LEARN FROM ME! Always have a plan of action for when you finish something - there's no use stopping at an intersection and having no idea which lane you're moving into (hey, not too bad an analogy, eh? Hehehe).

I've also gone back to lacking in confidence, not wearing what I wish to, feeling sluggish and gross, and people don't even bat an eyelid at me and men, well, they look at the girl next to me - I don't feel sexy anymore and I miss it. I've lost that physique that was so strong and motivated others too (I remember advising people on health and they would listen with their ears pricked up). I've shed tears about it all because for me it was like being told you'd won the lottery, got given the cheque and just as you were about to spend it, they realised they made an error and took it back from you. Only with this I can't blame anyone but me.

WOW!
Do you know how good that feels to let all this out? I'm even feeling a little emotional writing it because I've never shared this journey so deeply with anyone before, and maybe this just might be the catalyst for me to step outside the square (or in my case the circle - circle is round, as in chubby, geddit?) and just throw myself back into it. I really want to - so terribly, defiantly, aggravatingly, desperately so - but if I could just find the keys then I can start the ignition, and turn into the right lane afterall.
"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand almost anything. It’s your mind you have to convince." – Vincent Lombardi.
CherryB

Re: My Story with Piccies :)

Postby mants » Wed Aug 24, 2011 11:52 am

Hey great write up there. What diet did you use? Im trying to lose weight at the moment and reading your story sounds good.
mants

Postby Gutsy » Fri Aug 26, 2011 8:16 pm

CherryB, you looked great and you can surely do it again! Just keep on reminding yourself you great it felt when your weight was ideal, that alone should be enough motivation.

All the best with you weight loss journey.

PS I cannot wait to see some photos of the new you soon.
url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcWjzFc/]
[/url]
Gutsy

Postby CherryB » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:16 am

mants wrote:Hey great write up there. What diet did you use? Im trying to lose weight at the moment and reading your story sounds good.

Hey thank you! I used a calorie controlled diet based on my height, weight, body composition, etc., and fat loss goals. I only had 1029 calories daily with one free meal a week - and believe me, that one free meal was what kept me going!
"The good Lord gave you a body that can stand almost anything. It’s your mind you have to convince." – Vincent Lombardi.
CherryB

Postby CherryB » Sat Aug 27, 2011 10:19 am

Gutsy wrote:CherryB, you looked great and you can surely do it again! Just keep on reminding yourself you great it felt when your weight was ideal, that alone should be enough motivation.

All the best with you weight loss journey.

PS I cannot wait to see some photos of the new you soon.

Hey Gutsy - thank you very much for your post. I will be starting on the 29th and will put weekly progress pics up. I'm looking forward to it!
CherryB

Postby matchbox » Sat Aug 27, 2011 11:38 am

welcome to the forum cherry and best of luck! you can definately do it again, you just have to be strong willed and determined! :mrgreen: we have a 12 week challenge starting on monday so check it out if you like - its good to keep everyone motivated! :mrgreen:
Have FAITH in yourself
matchbox

Postby CherryB » Sun Aug 28, 2011 1:45 pm

Hi Matchbox, thank you! Yes I begin tomorrow and will do my best with strength and determination! A 12 week challenge? Awesome - I'll check it out! :)
CherryB

Postby Sassyt » Mon Sep 05, 2011 1:09 am

I have 2 thank u so much for sharing your story with us. I have leant a thing or two with regards to having a plan for maintanance. I would not like 2 go back 2 105kg ever again.

Wishing u all the best on your journey I have so much confidence in u that u r going 2 achieve ur goals all over again.

Much luv
Terry
Happy weight - 78kg
Ultimate goal weight- 70kg
Sassyt

Postby 0be0ne » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:58 pm

Thanks so much for your candid story. I'm using your beautiful results from the 3 month challenge as inspiration.
You know that if you've done it before it's not impossible for you to do it again.
What I'd love to know is how you did it? What was your exercise/ eating plan to achieve such amazing results?
I'll look forward to your reply and also your next round of triumphant results in photos.
0be0ne

Postby CherryB » Sun Sep 25, 2011 10:54 pm

Sorry for the late reply SassyT and ObeOne - I've not logged on for awhile.

Firstly Terry - thank you for your post and I was happy to share my story, kind of felt like therapy :). Yes maintenance is the one thing I believe is most important, but the hardest!

And ObeOne, awww thanks for saying the results were beautiful :) and it makes me happy they are inspirational to you. Yes I have done it before but it's so hard to get back into it because I know what it takes. When I first did it I went in unaware of the ups and downs of the journey so I just went along with it all, now I know what to expect so I struggle to do it again. I keep trying and trying again but to no avail. I hope to get back there some day.

My exercise was a power walk for 45 mins 6 days a week (no running!). I'd do three days a week of machine weights too.

My diet (the hardest bit!) was calorie restricted (1029 calories per day) and I chose all the low-carb meals which contributed greatly to my weight loss. So I mainly ate cereals with low-fat milk, chicken and salads and chicken with soup as my main meals (I pretty much ate the same thing every day! Creature of habit!) and for snacks I would drink Jarra low-fat chocolate (because I'm a chocoholic that helped big time!). I also had some strawberries or the light varieties of flavoured jelly crystals because they are both very low in calories.

I noticed weight loss within 4 days around my belly, and when I weighed myself at the end of week 2 I had lost a little over 4kg and that was with hard work and dedication. It felt so great and made me more motivated when I had results.

I hope this helps for you, and if you have any questions please ask me. I like to motivate! It's just hard to motivate myself! Hehehe.

Cherie.
CherryB

Postby Sienna » Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:54 pm

Thanks so much for sharing your ups and downs. I am new here, and just starting out on my journey to eat healthy, whole foods and feel good. The way you said that you felt was how I felt a couple years ago when I was at my 'peak'. I loved shopping, and wearing clothes, now I dread the process of doing up my jeans each day! Goodluck on your journey!
Sienna

Postby newyork » Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:32 pm

Hi Cherryb,

I can relate to your story 100%. I lost around 20kg with Jenny Craig and personal trainer, but have now put back on 7 kgs and feel like censored. I constantly think about how it was to be skinnier, finding something to wear was a breeze for the first time in so long. And now, after buying a whole new wardrobe, nothing fits. It's no depressing, but I can't let myself put on anymore. I'm still seeing my personal trainer twice a week, buit have stopped all the extra exercise I was doing. My diet has gone to censored, and to make it worse, it's just that time of year with Christmas etc. I have been without a kitchen for 3 months, but the new one should be installed in 2 weeks. So from there, I hope to do some heatlthy cooking classes and up the exercise again. I 've always wanted to do a 3 month body blitz but setting time limits has not worked so well for me in the past. Saying I have to lose a certain amount of weight by a certain date just sends me backwards. But maybe it's time to change that.
newyork

Postby CherryB » Mon Nov 28, 2011 9:43 pm

Hi New York,

Losing 20kg was a fantastic result! But yeah, putting some of it back on can make you feel worse than when you did any original weight loss plan (I find that anyway). I think it's great you're still seeing a personal trainer because that in itself shows you're consistent and that you still want this. I started up again and lost 5kg over the past month but naughty foods are creeping back in again, and same, with Christmas it might not be too good a diet! And wow, that's a long time without a kitchen (but a lot of yummy take away or microwave meals instead? Hehe, I know I would!). I hope you make nice and delicious nutritious meals when you get your new kitchen, and I wish you luck on your health plan.

Cherie.
CherryB

Postby vicolisted » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:34 pm

I made an account just so I could reply to your story :D

It sounded so much like mine it made me laugh as I've yet to find some one like me who lost lots, looked and felt great and then lost it all by gaining it back and then looks at the before pictures sadly compared with the now pictures. I too lost lots of the weight on low calories (but how was I to know it was too low, I was making it up as I went along) as well I ate basically the same thing day in and day out and exercised like a crazy women. But with the weight gain came older age and a little bit of wisdom on this whole weight game.

Anyhoo just wanted to say hi and hope you are doing well!
vicolisted

Postby journeyman » Mon Dec 05, 2011 1:35 am

Loved your post! People put so much focus on exercise and diet, but forget to deal with the mental side of things (like why you got fat to start with). You have shown yourself you can do it once, now go and do it again! This time though, never take your eye off the ball, even when you get to where you need to. I would love to hear how you go!

Cheers
Cam
journeyman

Next

Return to True Stories