It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 9:14 pm

Free Newsletter

My Story with Piccies :)

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: My Story with Piccies :)

Postby dAnIeLLe » Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:10 am

I dont know if you still read this but i wanted to know how your going now?
SW: 132.5kgs :(
CW: 117.2kgs

First 12 weeks lost : 14.3kgs
TOTAL LOST: 14.7kgs
Long term Goal: -50kg
#1 mini goal: -10kgs(122.5kgs)
DONE 18/5/12
#2 mini goal: -10kgs by 31/7/12 (112.5)
#3 mini goal: under 100kgs! by 17/9/12 my bday!..

Postby brittabritta » Tue May 08, 2012 2:59 pm

Your weight loss journey was fantastic! I have to say, I was more impressed by the seriously hot hair style - you knew you could work it! :)

Maybe from this it was a stepping stone. I myself have had a few. You have the motivation in front of you - you have the photos to prove that you can do this again. The hard this is to start, but once that routine is set it will become second nature. Perhaps it was a sign that the challenge you took was not right for you, you need to find your own style of "diet" for weight loss.

Postby Royalte » Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:09 pm

Yes i would also love to know how your going now!!
Thankyou so much for sharing your story

Postby emilyport13 » Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:08 pm

Hi Guys!

This is my first ever post on here but I wanted to share my story.

When I was 17 I found a cancerous tumour the size of a football on my right ovary. This was found whilst studying my HSC. The gyno told me we would have to remove my right ovary and that should get rid of all the cancer. Hearing this at 17 (even though I wasn't ready at that stag) was like a stab in the heart as all I ever wanted to be was a mum. After that operation I had 3 months off whilst still studying my HSC. This came back again 3 years after but only the size of a golf ball which the only scraped off. This was a week before my 20th birthday when we found it.

A couple of years later after my check up scans, they found a partial collapse in my bowel. I now realise that my digestion had been a massive issue with my weight loss and as much as I did drop weight, it would easily go straight back on.

I am now in remission and have been for 5 years this coming February. My life is looking absolutely amazing (and that's an understatement).

Ive lost 5.3kg and 48cm in the first 30 days of nutritional cleansing.
I've now lost 6kg and over 62cm and Im 3kg away from my goal weight.
I am now a size 10-12 which I cannot remember if I was ever this size (maybe when I was a kid).

I'm proud of what I've achieved and the future is looking bright now :) :) its a GREAT feeling!!!!

Postby Blitz » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:16 am

Welcome to the forum Emily. Love hearing success stories. :D

Work hard to chase those last 3 kilos down...those last ones are the hardest! :shock: ...but you have the skills now that you didn't so that will aid you to victory! :D

It is my experience that those who were overweight - now have a tendency to put weight back on very quickly. Your body has been conditioned to think that normal is every chance it gets it wants to get your body back to it's "normal". So be aware of the rebound factor and key the idea of a maintenance lifestyle once you have reached goal.

Looking forward to your next post...and wishing you that better future! :D

Was: 153.7kg
Lost: 87kg
Now: keeping it off for life!

Postby JP1 » Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:10 am

First time I have read this thread and I hope the OP has managed to get back on track, such a shame but no doubt this has happened to a lot of us! I'm trying to reclaim former 'glories' myself after a few failed attempts in between and can relate to the story, especially the part where the OP says that even though she knows what it takes, this in itself is a huge barrier to actually getting down and doing it all over again..

You really have to get yourself in a good head space, time it to coincide with a period you are not going to be distracted *I waited until after Christmas and at a relatively non busy time of the year work wise* then just throw yourself into it again.. plan your month ahead especially if you have holiday time or special social events, most of these activities can be negotiated if you make allowances for some indulgence, just be reasonable with yourself, have that bigger portion of lunch but then eat less for dinner or do more exercise.. Good luck out there, it's not easy otherwise we'd all be eating exactly what we wanted and still looking a million dollars :|
Highs : 107 Kg (24 Sept 2007) : 113.5 Kg (12 Jan 2014) : 112.5 Kg (26 Jan 2016)
Current :99.2 Kg (31 May 2016)
Lows : 78.4 Kg (20 May 2008) : 87.4 Kg (on 16 Dec in both 2009 & 2010) : 82.9 Kg (14 Apr 2011) : 87.1 Kg (4 Jul 2011) : 90.5 Kg (14 Jul 2014)
Target : 94 Kgs by 15th Jul

Return to True Stories