It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:21 pm

Free Newsletter

Is Your Weight Loss Story Like Mines?

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Is Your Weight Loss Story Like Mines?

Postby patrickkallie » Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:57 pm

My weight loss journey took many twist and turns throughout my life. I'll take you back when things were good! I was what you would call a "jock" back in high school. I played basketball, ran track and played my favorite sport football. I was built like a rock - 6 feet tall and a solid 190 pounds. I will put it like this...when I ran it seemed like my feet weren't touching the ground I was running so fast!

Boy the good old days?

Due to my bad home life as a teenager I started losing interest in sports and started picking up weight in my early twenties. I knew that I needed to start doing something, but it seemed so hard to just get started. I ate and ate and ate to make myself feel better and believe it or not it actually did...for a while. I got to the point where I just got so embarrassed by how big I have actually gotten.

Old friends would see me and say things like "what the hell you been eating?" Food was like a drug to me, I would eat more and feel good about it but after I would feel awful about it and then eat some more? If that makes any sense.

I will never forget when the turning point cam when I was at the doctors office for a routine check-up. The doctor told me to sit down, why I was standing up...I don't know. He told me that If I didn't lose weight soon I would most likely have heart attack in a few years. I was like doc I'm only 26 years old! I can truly say that day changed my life forever. Why does it take something so drastic to change the way you think about things?

I slowly changed my habits over time and ended losing over 70 pounds in about 11 months. Foods that I said I would never eat ended up being my favorite foods. How many of you had to have something drastic happen to you to lose weight?

Return to True Stories