It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 11:28 pm

Free Newsletter

Wednesday 14/9

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Wednesday 14/9

Postby Serena » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:05 am

Had muesli with fruit salad for brekky. Passed on the coffee because the milk tasted funny - not off, but maybe the cows ate some dodgy grass or something. You always seem to get funny tasting milk around here in Spring. Could be worse, around Melbourne and southern Victoria their milk is always funny tasting.
Serena

Postby Dolly » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:09 am

It's probably reconstituted milk powder (their doing it a lot lately)
All the big milk companies do it to prepare themselves for when there's a strike.

Breakfast
1 slice of toast
30g baked beans
1 orange

2 cups of coffee
Dolly

Postby emma21 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:33 pm

Thought I would just wing it with lunch today and be a bit creative instead of just sticking with a good ol' ham and salad sandwich. I fried up (with cooking spray) a bit of onion and capsicum with some crushed garlic then added some baby spinach leaves to the frypan until the began to wilt. Added that to a chopped up Roma tomato, a few squares of low fat feta cheese, 3 baby beetroots, half a dozen snow peas and a small can of sundried tomato and basil tuna. Ate that with a slice of wholemeal bread... Was pretty yummy for a slap up lunch lol...

Anyone got anymore ideas about what to have for lunch... I'm getting rather bored with sandwiches and I want something tasty and nutrious..

Ooh after that I had some chocolate - these little Blinky Bill choccies (like freddo frogs kinda) - 10g, about 230kj and 2.9g of fat... not too bad I guess when you need a chocolate fix... 8)

Emma :D
emma21

Postby Dolly » Wed Sep 14, 2005 1:48 pm

Emma did you get your Blinky Bills from the royal show?

Sometimes for a lunch I have a stirfry, it's similar to yours minus the cheese and tomato, it goes like this

Dolly's Chicken Stirfry
Chop up and fry one piece of chicken breast in
1 teaspoon of olive oil, then throw in
1 whole onion that has been cut into 6 pieces and segmented,
add one chopped green capsicum,
add a quarter of a cup of maggi oyster sauce and a level
tablespoon of sweet chilli sauce.
If desired you can throw in some mushroom slices.

It's nice served on a bed of basmati rice.

On saying that, for lunch today I had a cheese and tomato sandwich.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby emma21 » Wed Sep 14, 2005 2:01 pm

Nah I got the Blinky Bills from a discount store here... you get 20 in a bag for three whole dollars :D (I actually got them for my daughter for the occasional treat - but they were smiling at me when I opened the fridge)

Emma 8) :lol:
emma21

yummy lunch and boy i cant wait for dinner lol

Postby roadbuddies » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:35 pm

Today i was feeling pleased with my efforts at the gym so i decided to make a smoked salmon salad and wow was it yummy. It had salmon, lettuce, stuffed olives with garlic, capsicum, sprouts, light cheese, avocado and to top it off 99% fat free dressing. Yummy
For dinner im thinking of a banana smoothie made with soft bananas, low fat yoghurt, a scoop of W/W icecream and a handful of crushed ice oh and not to forget 1/2 cup of rockmelon all blened together. It is so filling and ties me over for hours and helps to stop me from having those night cravings (the ones i get every night arrrrr)
roadbuddies

Postby Serena » Wed Sep 14, 2005 3:36 pm

Don't you just hate it when the food looks at you?
For lunch I had veal schnitzel with mashed potato and steamed veg and a little bit of low fat custard for sweets. I'm thinking about going for a walk but my right foot is giving me a lot of pain today - I think maybe my orthotics need adjusting. I'm just falling apart it seems.
Serena

Postby Dolly » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:04 pm

Oh drool :P we're having an incredible list of nice lunches here today.
Roadbuddies I like your dinner plan.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Serena » Wed Sep 14, 2005 4:35 pm

Ok, I managed a walk for 40 mins, now I don't have to feel guilty. Maybe I should get back to the gym next week. Will see how I go.
Serena

Postby Dolly » Wed Sep 14, 2005 7:34 pm

Dinner
Spaghetti bolognese
Greek Salad
Dolly
Dolly

Postby Serena » Wed Sep 14, 2005 11:16 pm

I had leftover spaghetti for tea and a banana. I also had some biscotti with coffee and for afternoon tea had and apple and some dried fruit and nut. I think I'm doing very well avoiding cheese on toast for tea and not buying a snickers when I go to the shop for a paper. I might actually be able to report a loss this week and not feel guilty because I actually earned it.
Serena

yeah!

Postby Summer » Thu Sep 15, 2005 12:58 pm

I am so proud of myself. Tonight, I was in that mood...you know the mood....where you can find yourself hunting for anything and everything to eat. I was in that mood to eat a little bit of everything in the pantry and refrigerator. I told myself, "I've got to get myself out of here before I start eating too much." And I actually ran from my problems....literally. I put on my running shoes, went to the college campus, and went for a jog. It felt good finding something else to fill my time rather than food.
Summer

Return to True Stories