It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 6:56 am

Free Newsletter

Another Duromine Story

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Another Duromine Story

Postby magic5 » Thu May 10, 2012 11:16 am

:D Hi all

I am new to this forum but just thought a little story cant hurt and will hopefully motivate me and others.

I have lost 18kg over the last 2 yrs on Tony Ferguson which worked really well for me but weightloss has stalled for last 5 odd months and is going no where fast (except put 3kg on!!). I started at 96.3kg and am now 78.4kg which I am really happy about but need to loose another 10kg to be at goal weight and would be even happier :D ...

SOOOOO I have today started Duromine 30mg, am a tad scared I must admit with lots of side effects mentioned on various sites and I am a Nurse so is a bit of a worry but I will give it a go and see what happens. Is really expensive $113.00, but if it were cheap probably wouldnt work, at least that is what i will tell hubby lol

I know dietary changes and excercise are the most important changes to aid weight loss but i just needed a kick start again as I think my body has got used to the dieting and is now reluctant to let me loose any more weight....

So come along for the ride and tell me your stories also and we will see how much weight we can loose......I will update regularly for anyone who is interested :P
magic5

Re: Another Duromine Story

Postby Retire_The_Fat » Thu May 10, 2012 11:21 am

Well done on your weight loss so far.

Good luck on the duromine. There are mixed stories below in this "True stories" forum so check them out :)

๑۩12 WEEK CHALLENGER۩๑
Currently: 93.9K
Start of challenge: 98.6
①97K: ②96.6K: ③96.3: ④95.6:⑤96.1:
⑥94.5: ⑦94.3: ⑧ 93.9: ⑨: ⑩:⑪: ⑫:
Pledge for week 10: NO excuses!
Retire_The_Fat

Postby magic5 » Thu May 10, 2012 11:51 am

Thanks R_T_F

I have looked at most of the posts, ppl out there sure do get hot under the collar and passionate about things hey :o

well done on your weight loss also....Cheers
magic5

Postby Nancy101 » Fri May 11, 2012 9:38 am

ohh..That's really impressive. :D
Nancy101

Postby magic5 » Sat May 12, 2012 10:38 pm

Day 1: took tablet as soon as picked up from pharmacy at 9;30...dry mouth started about 11:30 wow and it was DRY up side drank lots of water easily...felt a litttle wierd for the rest of the day....maybe kept expecting to have lots of side effects happen... :D

Day 2: mmmmm insomnia *tick* wow didnt sleep allnight but strangely felt fine in the morning, took tablet at 6:15, thirst remains and had a hard time drinking Tony Ferguson meal replacement, just didnt want to but did anyway for breakfast and lunch, had normal dinner. Had to take sleeping tablet to get to sleep :cry: I think it makes me feel as though i have a cold ??

Day 3: didnt take tablet today, have decided to take for 2 then have 1 off and see how that goes...

Start wt: 78.4
Day3 : 76.5 Water retention perhaps

Anyway see what the next couple of days brings :D
magic5

Postby myjourney22 » Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:36 pm

magic5 wrote:Day 1: took tablet as soon as picked up from pharmacy at 9;30...dry mouth started about 11:30 wow and it was DRY up side drank lots of water easily...felt a litttle wierd for the rest of the day....maybe kept expecting to have lots of side effects happen... :D

Day 2: mmmmm insomnia *tick* wow didnt sleep allnight but strangely felt fine in the morning, took tablet at 6:15, thirst remains and had a hard time drinking Tony Ferguson meal replacement, just didnt want to but did anyway for breakfast and lunch, had normal dinner. Had to take sleeping tablet to get to sleep :cry: I think it makes me feel as though i have a cold ??

Day 3: didnt take tablet today, have decided to take for 2 then have 1 off and see how that goes...

Start wt: 78.4
Day3 : 76.5 Water retention perhaps

Anyway see what the next couple of days brings :D

so how did it go? im on day 3
weight currently at 16-7-12- 101.5kgs
short term goal-80kg
long term goal- 60kg

myjourney22

Return to True Stories