It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 3:13 am

Free Newsletter

Thursday 22/9

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Serena » Thu Sep 22, 2005 11:17 pm

I'm allowed to be having a mid-life crisis if I want! I wouldn't mind so much being old - it's the in-between when you've got to admit to yourself that you're getting old! When you have to face the fact that the world isn't the happy sparkly place that you thought it would be. Maybe it's just admitting the fact that you have to be a grown-up now and the chances of marrying a drop-dead-gorgeous millionaire who wants to spend all his money on me are getting slimmer by the second (unlike my waistline!). If want to obsess over my crows-feet then I can.

Do you think this negative attitude may have something to do with my weight problem? Hmm.

Today was very snacky. I had some vita weet with cheese and an apple and custard and a souvlaki for tea. I really could go some bikkies about now though, something a little bit sweet.

Postby Dolly » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:08 am

Serena don't do it! put that biscuit down this minute!
I love the entertaining posts today, thanks for the humour girls. I remember when I first realized that my dreams weren't going to come true too, Michael Landon (aka Little Joe Cartwright) was actually not going to be my husband when I grew up. :x

You're only as old as you allow yourself to be, I pulled off being 28 for 10 years, now I plan to be 35 for the rest of my life.

love Dolly

Postby emma21 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:18 am

I obsess about getting old and im only 22 lol :lol:

I've had a crap day today - not eating wise - just emotional really, felt like crap for most of the day. Spent a good part of it just crying for no particular reason too... Just feeling blahhhhhh

I havent exercised for a couple of days, I've wanted to but I have had other things going on (yes i know i should have made time). Tomorrow is a new day and regardless of the things I already have planned for tomorrow, I WILL exercise.

I have decided that my current goal is to lose another 10kg by Christmas. I think setting smaller goals for myself will be more attainable than thinking to myself 'oh crap i have another 30kg to lose'.

I'm trying to hold off buying new clothes too. I havent bought any for months, but some are really starting to fall off (gets a bit embarrassing when you're walking down the street and your pants are starting to fall down and you are trying to walk with an almost 2 year old). I will try and make do with my current wardrobe until I have lost at least another 6kgs (down to 100kg). I can just imagine my wardrobe (and my credit card bill) when I get down to my goal weight - there will be clothes everywhere! :shock:

Night night everyone

Emma :D

Postby Dolly » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:27 pm

The thing is Serena is right, we are all getting old when we feel we are. If we can't handle things as we used to, be it tequila, jogging or dancing for as long as we used to then no matter what age we are we are indeed getting old and entitled to voice it.
I remember being 18 and saying to my friends I would never allow myself to be 21 because that was ancient. Well somehow I may still act like a child, feel like a teen and look like I'm only 35 but the truth is I'm 50 and I wouldn't want to go back for all the riches in the world. I'm enjoying the painful and exciting challenges God has issued to me and especially the people I have met.

Return to True Stories