It is currently Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:19 am

Free Newsletter

Friday 23/9

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Friday 23/9

Postby Fairie » Fri Sep 23, 2005 10:39 am

Hi everyone,

OOh to be in my 20's again :wink: :P

My 20's & 30's were great but the 40's :twisted: maybe that's because I was Menopausal and didn't know it then. :cry: (the women in my family go through early Menapause)
Gee I sound like I'm well and truly over the hill.

Hope you have a better day today Emma, you sounded a bit down yesterday. :D

Brekkie

Fruit Salad
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:14 pm

Breakfast
oatmeal
milk

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:28 pm

Jogging on my treadmill
Dolly

Postby Serena » Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:34 pm

Brekky: Muesli with blueberries and coffee

I'm really getting into these frozen blueberries. I always thought the frozen ones were kind of tart but Fairie is so right - sticking them in the microwave for 30 seconds really brings out the sweetness and they go all syrupy. Yum. And blue milk in your cereal! What a colourful way to start the day.

Lunch will be spaghetti bolognese and tea will be nachos (I figured if I make it myself I can use low fat options and I have a lot more control than just getting a pizza). Not a lot of greenery in there I notice. I'll be good tomorrow I promise! I guess I'll be spending the rest of the afternoon cleaning the house because it's kind of embarrassing how messy it is at the moment. I think I need a good kick in the bum Dolly. Have you got your boot handy?
Serena

Postby Maraver » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:15 pm

Well girls I have had some really sad news, my ex brother in law ...I was married for 27 years so he was more like a friend to me. him and his wife were the only people I knew when we came to Australia 24 yeras ago
He killed himself last night I am totally gutted I feel alienated because I am so far away and no longer apart of that family, I love my Andy dearly but this brings up all the hurt again of my first husband leaving me, and causing so much distress, I love his Mum and sister like they were my own they treated me better than my own family did.
I feel so sad and useless I want to fly to Perth and just help everyone, I am worried for my Mum in Law she is 89 and so frail

George.................. I just hope he is at peace now, I have so so many happy memories of wonderful times together.

I am off to work now I have to work till midnight, but all this has taught me one thing we have to embrace this life we have with both hands and not let things get on top of us and that includes our weight I hate being fat I do not like who I am so from today no half measures I am going cold turkey with my weight loss, its the only thing I have total control of "What I put in my mouth"
mind you I have eaten half a box of chocs this morning through pure depression
Take care my friends

I am sorry this is such a sad post but I had to share with someone
Pam
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Dolly » Fri Sep 23, 2005 3:39 pm

Oh Pam, I'm so sorry to hear about your ex brother-in-law, I can only imagine the terrible pain his immediate family must now be going through.
Suicide is such a selfish act that hurts so deeply the ones left behind (everyone will now be wondering if there was something they could have said to prevent this)
I wonder how his poor sister & elderly mother are going to handle this.

I know four people that have taken their lives. one of them only distantly, the other three I knew well but apparently not well enough to know their private lives were so troubled. I am still haunted by the horrific way one of them took his life.

Sending Big Hugs and prayers of comfort to you and his family.

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:19 pm

OOh Pam how awful for everyone and for you being so far away.

Stay strong my thoughts are with you and send me an e-mail if you want a chat.

Fay
-Fay-

[/url]
Fairie

Postby Fairie » Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:20 pm

Lunch

Ham & Salad Wrap
-Fay-

[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Fri Sep 23, 2005 6:46 pm

Serena, good to see you're eating frozen blueberries too, they're so yummy defrosted in the microwave arn't they and very nutritious too.
I've been eating frozen boxed blueberries for about 6 months now, they're much cheaper than fresh ones and can store longer.

Lunch
was a salmon and salad sandwich.

Where are all the guys, Peter, Ahmad, Scott? don't tell me we've frightened you all away.
Dolly
Last edited by Dolly on Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Fri Sep 23, 2005 7:56 pm

Dinner

Store bought Roast Chicken
Salad

I love the colour purple too Serena, they are what I have with my Yoghurt for brekkie. :wink:
-Fay-

[/url]
Fairie

Postby emma21 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:25 pm

Good Evening Everyone :)

Firstly, Pam sorry to hear about the loss of your friend. I can just imagine how you are feeling right now ~hugs~

I guess for me today was a bit better than yesterday. Still feeling a bit down but I'll be okay.

I exercised like I said I was going to - only 20 mins though but I figure its better than sitting on my bum for 20 mins watching the idiot box.

I feel that I have a handle on eating 'properly' (with the exception of not having breakfast this morning - i got up late :oops: ). I've virtually stopped the all day grazing. I was actually pretty chuffed with myself this afternoon - it was about 4pm, the time I usually start preparing things for dinner and I didnt feel like cooking at all (even though it would have only taken me 30 mins to prepare and cook it). I was checking out the pizza coupons on the fridge and deciding what I was going to order. Then it suddenly hit me - if i start getting things ready I will have no choice but to keep going. I started slicing the lamb up and that was it - we couldnt have pizza. Ended up having a yummy Mongolian Lamb with rice instead (much more satisfying than pizza). I thought that was pretty good will power :D 8)

I definately have to again start planning what I am going to eat the following day - then hopefully i will start seeing bigger losses. And I am upping the exercise to at least 1 hour a day (its not like I shouldnt be able to find the time).

Hope everyone has a good weekend

Em :)
emma21

Return to True Stories