It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:10 pm

Free Newsletter

Bad day at work = More exercise

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Bad day at work = More exercise

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Wed Jan 17, 2007 5:56 pm

I had a crappy day at work today...got into an argument with a senior manager (who I always fight with 'cos he's a jerk) just before leaving and was very riled up.

In the past I'd have immediately headed for a beer and a junk attack...burger, hot chips, pizza, potato chips...anything and everything.

I was so cross I knew I had to do something but I really didn't want to ruin my healthy day. So I decided to power walk all the way home in the very humid heat (5km). After walking to work this morning and doing some exercise at lunch time I didn't actually need to do any more exercise according to my plan but I figured it was the best option as walking with my iPod is a real treat for me. By the time I got home I was in a much better mood (although drenched in sweat) and after a shower I happily sat down to the healthy dinner I had planned rather than reaching for the junk.

One one hand I'm really pleased that I chose a healthy option to deal with the yucky day.

On the other hand I'm a little miffed that I have to feel even a tiny bit grateful to the jerk of a manager who made me cross...If it wasn't for him I would have only walked 5km today instead of the 10 that I ended up doing :lol:
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:18 pm

nicely done mary
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Wed Jan 17, 2007 7:29 pm

Great work Mary! Walking is such a great way to beat stress... it gets all the happy hormones flowing and gets rid of the angry ones :D
SarahC

Postby Simmy » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:09 pm

Well done, thats really something to be proud of! My fernwood has a male dummy that women use for boxing - works a treat to get frustrations at men out! lol
Simmy

Postby mary_in_adelaide » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:17 pm

I like the sound of that dummy...I could put a photo of the idiot of the day on it's facial area...some days I'd never leave it alone :D
Cheers, Mary

If I could find a ticker for measurements it would say I'm on the way from a waist measurement of 134cm to one of 70cm (currently at 129cm)
mary_in_adelaide

Postby Dee » Wed Jan 17, 2007 9:20 pm

well done Mary - these are the little changes that will make the big differences!
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Ally » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:34 am

Well done Mary....all that exercise will pay off!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Fairie » Thu Jan 18, 2007 11:13 am

Good for you Mary. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Lols » Thu Jan 18, 2007 1:24 pm

Nice one Mary! I handled work stress how you used to handle it - im still getting used to 'trying to find other outlets' so thanks for the inspiration! :)
Lols

Return to True Stories