It is currently Fri Dec 09, 2016 4:46 pm

Free Newsletter

Thursday 6/10

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Thursday 6/10

Postby Fairie » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:25 am

Morning everyone,

Breakfast
2 Boiled Eggs
Apple
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Serena » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:22 am

Brekky: Muesli with fruit and coffee

Tomorrow is weigh day. Not looking forward to it. When you join WW they give you a 'No Weigh' card so if you've had a bad week you don't have to step on the scales. I'm really tempted to use it but I think that I'm the one who made the poor choices so I need to face the music and take responsibility for it. It's not fair how easily all of your hard work can be undone.
Serena

Postby Dolly » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:30 am

Well done Serena, I remember I once used my No-Weigh card three times in a row until I'd got back to where I was supposed to be. The ladies are so nice at WW and said nothing. I then learned I wasn't the only one re-using my no-weigh card (I guess so long as I was paying my fee it made no difference to them)
The talks were always so inspiring (this forum is now my only weightloss club)

Breakfast
2 egg mushroom and tomato omelette
1 Apple
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Thu Oct 06, 2005 1:11 pm

A no-weigh card :? That's not really making us admit that we choose the wrong food choices that week. I know it's not about trying to embarass us but we need to say that was not a good day / week and I'm back on track now.

You know what you had that you shouldn't have Serena, don't bury your head just say it wasn't a good week but next week is going to be better. This weightloss journey is not going to be easy but it will make us stronger and as more weight comes off we will be bursting with confidence. :D

Sorry if I rambled a bit. :wink:

Lunch
Yoghurt & Kiwi Fruit smoothie.
-Fay-

[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Thu Oct 06, 2005 3:39 pm

Fairie, I agree. But the week I gained 3 kgs and couldn't face the WW scale I had actually stayed to my required 22 points. I think my thyroid gland was playing up that week and it took me 3 weigh-ins to try and get back.
Sometimes people are on medication that also makes their metabolism halt temporarily so they gain weight even with exercise.
I guess they invented the no weigh card so when people see the gain they won't want to quit, they will instead stay and listen to the helpful lectures and know the weight gain time will pass.
But I agree, the people who have had an eating binge should face the music and show their gain so they know to do better the following week.

Lunch
A healthy choice pizza (low fat and cals)
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:44 pm

Dinner
roast chicken dinner

Snack
12 raw almonds
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:02 pm

Dolly, I hope I didn't upset you or Serena I wasn't trying too. :D

Dinner
Fresh Fish
Caulie & Leek Mash
Salad
Rockmelon

Weighday tomorrow. :(
-Fay-

[/url]
Fairie

Postby Maraver » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:49 pm

Fairie wrote:Dolly, I hope I didn't upset you or Serena I wasn't trying too. :D

Dinner
Fresh Fish
Caulie & Leek Mash
Salad
Rockmelon

Weighday tomorrow. :(

By hec you do like that cauli and leek mash :lol:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wcPPfC1/]
[/url]
Maraver

Postby Serena » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:28 pm

Cauli and leek mash? Sounds bizarre! Do you put anything in it?

Well another crappy day for me. Started well but my friend came over and by the time she left it was already 8.30 and I was starving and nothing prepared for tea so bought skinless franks from the deli. Also bought a snickers and a big packet of chips. What's that they say about never shopping on an empty stomach? And no-one to blame but myself! I am going to step on those scales tomorrow and see the damage I've done and remember next time. It's a brand new diet week though and I promise not to repeat this week.
Serena

Evening Everyone

Postby killerbabe » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:35 pm

Well, today was a bit hard, no, scrap that, bloody hard,

breakfast

2 slices brown toast with tuna
coffee

lunch

turkey/salad sandwich
coffee

no snacks at all - i was running around the shops

Dinner

Fish (steamed, veges and sweet potato mash

Snack - 5 strawberries and 1 fruche.

I know i had to eat more, but i dont eat and walk around so i simply didnt get the chance.

The problem today was other people!!!! I ordered a skim milk flat white and the lady who took my order gave me a look which to me read, "skim milk, honey have YOU missed the boat".

i know it is probably me being paranoid, but it really stuck in my fatty throat. what a cow. :twisted:

I did the weekly shop today and was really conscious of what I was buying, trying to get low GI foods and good snacks, seems that shopping takes MUCH longer when you dont just grab the crap on special and get outta there.

Anyway, just wanted to check in, i have had a few emotional moments, it is almost like withdrawals are gnawing at my gut, it was easier to give up fags. Must admit definately missing the wine, used to be my sleeping pill!! :lol:

still feeling strong and capable, if only the dumb skinny ones would leave this earth and leave us earth mothers to roam free and fat. thanks for the rant!
killerbabe

Postby Dolly » Fri Oct 07, 2005 1:18 am

Fairie, you could never upset me, what you said was so true, if we indulge we should try hard to face the music. :D
Good Luck Serena, we're with you as you go to WW.

Killerbabe, I love the sounds of your healthy day, it does get easier. When I belonged to WW they always said when we go for a coffee to order a skim milk one. now you're making me think perhaps the girls were serving me full fat milk all along, I guess I'll never know.
Dolly

Return to True Stories