It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:20 am

Free Newsletter

Friday 7/10

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Friday 7/10

Postby Dolly » Fri Oct 07, 2005 7:55 am

Breakfast
2 egg omelette filled with nuked tomato and canned mushrooms.

Can the deadly chicken flu (avian flu/asian bird flu) be spread through chicken eggs? I know it's not in our country yet.
But just incase, I'm now avoiding eating chicken and chicken stock just for a few months, seeing they said on the news they believe the flu will eventually enter our country in time and that I now hear our country imported cheap chicken products from Asia for years.
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/co ... 02,00.html

Lunch (will be)
grilled fish
greek salad
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:38 am

What a wet miserable day. :(

Breakfast
Yoghurt & Bluberries.

"By hec you do like that cauli and leek mash "
Pam, I was so addicted to mash potato, this is my substitute :wink:

Serena, I just steam the cauli & leek then add some Herbamare (Sea salt with herbs.....yummy) This is great on top of a Shepards Pie instead of mashed potato..........hmmm think I'll make some for Dinner.

Dolly, the no-weigh card just struck a cord with me because when I was with WW (or other) and I new I had not stayed on plan and had put weight on. I would not go to weigh in and as that happened over & over eventually I wouldn't go at all. This time with SureSlim I have gone and faced the music when I new I had not been good. (hopefully today will be a loss)

Killerbabe, you sure had a busy day yesterday and did well with you food, don't forget to drink lots of water. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:28 am

Fairie, good luck with your SureSlim weigh-in, I'm sure you'll do well this week.

hugs
Dolly

Postby Serena » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:37 pm

Just yoghurt for brekky this morning and coffee, And 2 shortbread biscuits. Was running late for weigh-in. Woke up this morning with a really sore throat so I hope I'm not getting sick. I have been pretty lucky this year though so maybe I'm due. Darren's work (I worked there too but was retrenched this time last year) are retrenching again. I50 people went last year and another 200 to go next week. He's the main bread-winner so I don't want to see him unemployed but at the same time I think it might be really good for him to get out, especially since he's young enough and smart enough to retrain. And the way the company has been going at least if he goes now he'll get paid out. Lunch is chicken kiev with vegies and I have to work tonight so tea will probably be a ham sandwich and an apple.
Serena

Postby Dolly » Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:45 pm

Serena, congratulations for being brave enough to face the music at WW. I'm still a coward and think I would have used my no-weigh pass 8)
I hope your sore throat gets better soon.
When I eat something with strong red or orange food colouring or if I go near a smoker I always wake up with a sore throat.
But then again there are a lot of bugs going around.
If Darren does get axed, I hope they give him a huge settlement.
When my husband got paid out by telstra in 1996 he started his own cabling company and now also teaches cabling and issues out certificates to the telstra workers, we're not filthy rich but it pays the bills.
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Fri Oct 07, 2005 3:47 pm

Thanks Dolly, I lost what I put on last week plus a bit extra so I'm very happy :D

Good on you for not using the card Serena. :D

Lunch
Ham & Salad Wrap
Spicy Chia Lattie
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Fri Oct 07, 2005 5:02 pm

Congratulations Fairie!

Lunch
cheese and salad sandwich

Snack
a paddlepop icecream (low fat)
Dolly

Postby Serena » Fri Oct 07, 2005 10:46 pm

Well I'm definitely getting sick. I have just gotten worse and I am so achy and sore (All of my old work injuries flare up when I get the flu). I have gargled echinacea and had panadol and lemon honey drink. I don't even feel like eating! Something must be wrong!

Dolly, I think if Darren does get retrenched it will be a really good thing for us. He's very smart and he's an electrician and he likes to teach and has discussed going to TAFE to get an instructors qualification. There's no challenges or stimulation there. That's why I hated it so much. I've been trying to push him into putting his name down but he's very cautious. He's been there 22 years (he's a fair bit older than me if you hadn't guessed) so his payout will easily cover the morgage and with a trade qualification he shouldn't have too much trouble finding work.
Serena

Return to True Stories