It is currently Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:23 pm

Free Newsletter

My first week...just keep going, just keep going!

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

My first week...just keep going, just keep going!

Postby nyz » Sat Feb 03, 2007 12:01 pm much for my thought that losing weight in Vietnam would be easier than at home with no KFC or bakers delight! I thought to myself, well all they eat is rice and steamed vegies and all the women are skinny! SO WRONG, so so worng. I actually have no idea how the women here stay so skinny - EVERYTHING is fried - fried spring rolls, dim sims etc. They even spread pork fat on their lettuce leaves! So much for a healthy diet of rice and salad! So i am having to be extra careful when i go out. The good thing about dieting in Vietnam is that there is so many wonderful and cheap fruits - the morning market proves itself to be full of pineapples, lychees and mangos. yummy!

So I as I promised myself, i Have been to the gym everyday this week. Everyday! I am awesome! I have alternated between power walking one day, swimming the next. I made myself a goal to swim 20 laps of the 50m pool (1km) and on Thusday, i did it. I was almost dead by the end of it and i dont care if I was the slowest person there i still did it. The vietnam pools are crap! they have 5 lanes for men and one lane for women. Because all the women are literally size 6's or less, people STARE at my size 16 frame. little kids point and men laugh...its horrible! But to get through it i just have to tell myself 'if i was at home no one would even bat an eye, and im never going to see these people again, ill prove them wrong' so i try and turn it into a motivator...but sometimes it still gets me down!

Ive also been working my arse off all week with food and excersise but the scale hasnt moved yet grrrrr! i guess i will have to just keep at it. My aim for today: Try not to eat two hours before i go to bed (i am so bad at this!) well i will try my hardest. Will keep you posted!

We can do it! we will do it! :)

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 1:51 pm

of course you can do it! small changes over a period of time will make the world of difference :) best wishes and let us know how you go :)

Postby bluebox451 » Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:39 pm

Be strong! Stick to the workouts and do as best you can with the food and the scales will be nice. Sometimes it just takes a while. You can do it! Dont worry about what others think, like you said you will never see them again.
Liz :D

Postby Amie » Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:26 pm

It sounds like you're having an excellent holiday! Don't worry about those vietnamese! I bet they don't have your sense of humour! Good on you for still going swimming...breaking out of your comfort zone is so good! Congrats and keep up the good work.

Postby slimmindown » Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:50 pm

wow good on you for sticking with your exercise and healthy eating, its hard in your own environment,its fantastic that you are doing so well in another country..
[no excuses, I can do it!

Postby originalmel » Tue Feb 06, 2007 7:00 pm

Hi Nyz!!

How's it all going? It sound like you are doing great. Don't worry about the scales. In fact, chuck them out!

If you have suddenly started excercising, chances are you're building muscle, so just keep going. It will all help you lose weight in the end, AND you'll be toned too. In fact you're whole damn dody will be a hot, fat burning machine!!!!

Keep it up!

"Sugar is, essentially, a legalized recreational drug that's socially acceptable to consume."

Greeting to Nyz

Postby FatGarfield » Wed Feb 14, 2007 5:14 pm

Hang in there. You are making great progress.

Cheers... FatGarfield

Postby Dee » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:38 pm

It can be hard to stay positive when jerks are pointing and laughing, but just think, by the time you get home people will be pointing and gasping! How exciting to be able to step back into Australia a new woman!

Best of luck and keep us posted.

Return to True Stories