It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 3:36 am

Free Newsletter

Thursday 20/10

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Thursday 20/10

Postby Fairie » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:02 am

Morning everone,

Breakfast
Yoghurt & Mango Smoothie

Hope everyone has a good day. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:24 am

Good morning Fairie,
I'm starting my soup diet for a few days to see if it'll work for me.
I just re adjusted my ticker graph from 3.5 lost back to 2.5 lost as it went back 1 kg (but not for long) :D

Breakfast
pumpkin soup
Dolly

Postby jodestar » Thu Oct 20, 2005 12:22 pm

Hello all, I woke up with a cold this morining and its a little hard to get going.

Breakfast

cereal
skim milk
a glass of water
jodestar

Postby Dolly » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:32 pm

I hope you're feeling better soon Jodie Image
Funny but eating cans of low salt soup seems to have decreased my appetite, but it's early days yet.

Lunch
ministrone soup
Last edited by Dolly on Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby emma21 » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:39 pm

Afternoon Everyone :)

Breakfast:
Small bowl of fruit salad

Lunch:
Toasted Ham and Cheese Sandwich :shock: (with low fat cheese)

I was going to have my usual ham and salad for lunch, but my sister called me just as I was heading home this morning and invited herself and her kiddies over for lunch, so I whipped up some toasted ham and cheese sandwiches instead. I stopped at 1 (which was amazing :shock: ). Its been raining here for nearly the last week so its a bit chilly, so the sandwich was good for warming up.

I decided I am going away this weekend too (well sunday through to tuesday)... My myself, which will be the first time in ages... I need a break from everything at home (too many arguments for my liking) and my sister and dad will look after bubba for a night each.. Should be fun...

Hope everyone is having a good day :)

Emma :D
emma21

Postby Dolly » Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:59 pm

Wow first Pammy, then Serena now Emma. I hope you girls have a good break, we will miss you heaps!
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Thu Oct 20, 2005 4:22 pm

Good Luck with the soup diet Dolly. :D

Hope you feel better soon Jodestar. :D

Enjoy your weekend away Emma and hope things are better when you get back. :D

Lunch
Silverside & Salad

Weigh-in in the morning :(
-Fay-

[/url]
Fairie

Postby Fairie » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:06 pm

Gerry has gone fishing so I thought I'd have an easy dinner of an
Egg Salad and Rockmelon
-Fay-

[/url]
Fairie

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:19 pm

Evening all hope you all had a good day

grrrrr my food diary has gone walk about so i gots to do this from memory (which isnt crash hot )
Breakfast
2.5 weatbixs with 1 t rawsugar and handfull of sultanans
Low fat hot chocolate

Snack
2corn thins and a small tin of fruit

Lunch
Ham and salad sandwhich and a orenge

Snack
fat free yogurt and a fun size milky way

Dinner
home cooked chips and a potatoe cake

Snack
2 Kiwi Fruit
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Dolly » Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:06 pm

Fairie, brilliant idea to have an easy to prepare meal. I love it when the family go out.

Jules, be careful with those sultanas. Have you noticed how these days sultanas are plump and don't stick together in a clump like they did in the olden days? Well one of my sister in laws worked for fowlers dried fruit packaging and it turns out, they put heaps of oil on the fruit so they don't stick together. Not fair to us dieters is it :(

Dinner
country vegetable soup
1 high fibre large muffin
2 glasses of water
Dolly

Postby Serena » Thu Oct 20, 2005 11:22 pm

I need help guys. I'm really off track. I have been really busy of late, what with Darren taking redundancy and having to help him with resume and applications and seeing advisors to reorganise everything like health fund and banks and schools etc if he wants to retrain now that he's not working and me losing my job and having some interviews and getting a new job which I start training for next Tuesday so looks like no week away for us just yet and I have been so so slack! I really need that boot Dollly! We seem to be having takeaway most days and I just kind of graze my way through the evening without really cooking dinner and I've been sneaking a lot more chocolate than I care to admit and I feel so sluggish and gross and unmotivated and kind of disgusted with myself. I haven't even been doing much housework and I have had about a bunch of letters that were supposed to be written and sent about a month ago and I just feel so useless. I haven't been following any diet this last 2 weeks or exercising or anything. I just don't feel like doing anything. And I'm supposed to be going out with the girls (School reunion - like I'm gonna get excited about that!) and that'll mean alcohol and more junk food and I really need to pull myself together.
Serena

Postby Dolly » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:36 am

Hi Serena, the junk food will make you feel tired and sluggish. If you must eat quick to grab take-out then at least make it a low fat subway or something. It would be so great if you could go through the house and pop in a bag all the danger foods ie chocolate, biscuits, cake etc...then pass them to Darren to take out of sight.

I actually put this up for you, when I could see you were losing your motivation the other day. I'm going to add to the list a bit more probably next week as it may help several people http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?t=436

When you have so many annoying things going on and your diet is so off track because of it, I personally believe the best thing for you is to do is have a change of scene. Get away from family and friends, if not for the weekend then just go for the whole day. Perhaps plan a picnic for both you and Darren at the park, beach, zoo or head for the hills.
Just get your mind away from familiar scenes and thoughts for several hours, relax and vege out for a while.
Once you get back home, put a brand new start weight here on the forum whether it's a gain of 2, 5 or 10 kilo makes no difference (remember when I once gained 3 kilo in 5 days?) just put down the new start weight and journal a new plan that you're going to be able to stick to. YOU CAN DO IT!

Dolly

Postby hushpuppy » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:12 pm

Hey there Serena. Just a quick note here but i found that when my family think of having takeaway i have some lean cuisine frozen meals in my freezer . That way if the order pizza i can still have a small slice with them and not feel left out then eat my meal and not fall off the wagon to far . I hope this helps
Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Return to True Stories