It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:00 pm

Free Newsletter

The journey to a new me

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

The journey to a new me

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:24 pm

Hey Everyone,

Thought that I would post this message as motivation and accountability for when the going gets tough (so I can read over my goals and your encouraging words if you so choose to leave any).

I am on a journey to a new me. Although 73kgs may not sound like a lot of weight, I am actually classified as over weigh on the BMI. Currently my BMI is 26.1. I want to lose 18kgs and have set a time frame of 24 weeks to achieve my goal.

I carry the majority of my weight on my breast. I am currently a 14E. I am very self conscious of my large bust. As a result I have very low self esteem and also suffer physically - back, neck and shoulder pain everyday.

I will be getting breast augmentation surgery when I reach my goal weight. I have had a consultation with my plastic surgeon and he suggested that I lose the weight before I go ahead with the surgery. My surgery is penciled in for November. I am so excited. I cannot wait to have small perky breast. Even though I may not need a reduction at the end of my journey I will still need to have a breast lift, as I don't want to have saggy boobs and to remove the horrible stretch marks that I currently have.

No more fad diets for me. I am sick of yo yo-ing so I am going to approach this the sensible way. As the saying goes slow and steady wins the race. I am not looking at this as a diet this is a lifestyle change for me. I am going to keep a food journal and monitor the food I consume. I am going to keep my kilojoule intake to 5000kjs a day. I am not going to restrict myself. If I am craving chocolate I am going allow myself to have a small piece of dark chocolate (as I can't consume to much of it :lol: ) and if I want to have cheese cake I will have half a slice- it's all about portion control - just as long as I stick within my daily kilojoule intake.

I am also going to incorporate exercise into my daily routine. I am going to go for a walk every morning. Do weight training 2 times a week and do windsor Pilates 3 times a week.

I am so excited about the knew journey I am undertaking. I went and bought 3 sexy bras today for inspiration size 10C. I've never bought sexy bras before and I got such a rush, visualising myself wearing them in 24 weeks time.

I know I will have tough times ahead but I just have to remind myself why I am doing this and not give up hope and determination to succeed. I have to remind myself to approach this one day at a time. To focus on that day and to get through it and achieve my goal for that day - sticking to 5000kjs and exercising.

Failure is not an option :!: , I will achieve my dreams and I will have the body that I desire and knowing that I am doing something positive for myself will ensure that my self esteem improves.

I know I will face tough times ahead but I have to remind myself why I am doing this and not give up. I did not put on all this weigh on over night so it's not going to disappear overnight. I am not going to overwhelm myself with the huge amount of weight I have to lose. I am going to take this day by day and focus on one mini goal at a time.

Here I go, onto the road to success!!!!

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:40 pm

thanks for sharing you sound very motivated and im sure after your surgery you will feel like a new woman! take it easy and you will reach your goal- dont be disappointed though if you dont make the deadline :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:23 am

Wow :shock: You sure sound motivated!!! That plan sound excellent mate.....here's to a new you in 24 weeks time!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Justjudy » Sun Feb 25, 2007 10:47 am

What wonderful enthusiasm! I like your sensible aproach and your plan of attack.

I too am a bit of a goal junkie and actually have a list of monthly and yearly goals stuck up inside a cupboard door and read them every day, just to remind myself of where I am headed. Probably sounds silly :roll: but it works for me to keep me focused.

I am sure that if you keep focused you will reach your goal in time. But as Kate said, don't be disappointed if you don't quite reach it, be proud of how far you came and of the job that you did.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Sun Feb 25, 2007 11:44 am

Thank you ladies for your kind words.

Yes I am very motivated to succeed. I want this so bad.

kate_turner2000 Posted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 7:40 pm and Justjudy Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:47 am - I have taken what you have said on board and if I don't reach my target goal weight by the 24 weeks, I will be a bit disappointed but I've still got another 2 months to reach it by November before my surgery.

I know to keep weight of permanently is to lose weight slowly and I believe in myself enough to follow through and if I fall of the wagon I'm not going to berate myself. I'll just jump right back on and continue as long as I have more good days than bad days and I'm losing weight then I am happy.

Justjudy - having goals and list doesn't sound silly. I too have written goal list and attached it to my dairy so I see it every day.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby lollilova » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:29 pm

You sound so motivated and dedicated it makes me look slack!

I know how you feel about your boobs. Mine are also 14E, sometimes if I am lucky i can squeeze into a DD. My bottom half of my body is a 12 (finally!) but my boobs wont shrink. I am currently breasfeeding and everyone says they shrink after you stop, but they didn't last time, well I went to a 12E but if anything it confirmed i was an E.

Its hard to walk around the shops when everyone is staring, whether it be out of jealousy or thinking 'wow they must hurt' it is still horrible having that sort of attention. I love to wear low cut tops but its just not practical most of the time.

Good luck for your weight loss before your surgery. You have a lot of guts (as in motivation not flabby bits around your middle) to be able to do it. I would be too scared of the pain afterwards! :shock:

Bianca
Bianca x

lollilova

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:43 pm

Well done mate :) I can tell you're going to do so well judging by your attitude :)
If you ever find yourself doubting yourself and wanting to give in to temptation, all you'd have to do is look back on this post and see just how strong you are :)

Good luck, keep us posted on how you are going :)
Emma
zeedeveelgirl

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:06 am

zeedeveelgirl Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 6:43 pm - Will definitely keep everyone posted. Yes, I will certainly be rereading what I have written as a confirmation as to why I am doing this and for the motivation that I need to keep going if I ever feel tempted to give up. I've heard that weight loss is about 10% of what you eat and 90% what goes on in your head. That's true in my case, usually all the negative self talk of you can't do this, you've tried in the past and failed have been a forefront of my failures in past attempts to lose weight and also attempting fad diets too :? . I'm loving this site it's very motivational and reading everyone’s success inspires me not to give up.

lollilova Posted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:29 pm - Sounds like we have the same body shape, from waist down I'm a 12 and I look like I'm about to topple over hahaha. I too get a lot of stares and a lot of comments, which makes me very uncomfortable. I was initially going to get the breast reduction surgery first but I was told that I wouldn't be able to breast feed if I ever choose to have children. I'm really excited about my surgery. I know I will be in a lot of pain and have a scar but that is a sacrifice I'm will to make to be able to have perky breast and to be able to wear low cut tops and sexy bras instead of the granny bras that I wear now :wink:

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby electrongirl » Mon Feb 26, 2007 11:46 am

I feel your pain with your breasts!!

I am a 16E and my neck is stuffed from them.

Even when I am at my thinnist I am still a DD!!

When I was 50kg I was a 10DD.
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby KimE » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:49 pm

A_Corner_Of_The_Earth wrote:Failure is not an option

I love this saying. Rather militant but I feel sometimes it is the approach you need to keep the focus. You sound very determined and motivated and that is half the battle. Keep you head in the right space and your body will follow! I wish you every success on your journey.

Yup big boob syndrome here too. Now am a 12E, not always easy to find small bras with a big cup. :roll:
Last edited by KimE on Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Tue Feb 27, 2007 11:52 am

Kim E - I had a little chuckle when I read the first part of your post. Yes it is a bit militant when I think about it, but it's motivating me plus my up coming surgery at end of year. If I don't succeed at losing weight I don't get surgery. And I want the surgery sooooooooooo badddddddddd, so failing at this is not an option :D

Once again, I want to thank everyone for all your support and encouragement. It's very much appreciated. Keep up all the good work. :lol:

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby KimE » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:34 pm

Hehe I like the militant approach, without that sort of focus I wouldn't have gotten to where I am now.

Keep at it you will get to where you want to be.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Thu Mar 01, 2007 10:40 pm

Thanks Kim. Hugs.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby louise677 » Wed Apr 11, 2007 2:09 pm

Thank you for sharing your story. I am in a similar boat to you.
I wore a 10G bra, then I lost some weight about 7kg, and my breast went to a 10E, then I put the weight back on, but my breasts have reamined at a 10E (thank God!) Now I'm trying to lose weight again, 3kg so far, would like to be closer to 60kg.
I'd be interested to see how your surgery goes, my breasts are also saggy and stretch marky and cause me pain, but I don't think I could go through surgery, much too scared.
I've found doing weights minimises breast size.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wsjxPlP/]
[/url]
louise677

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Thu Apr 12, 2007 11:06 am

louise677 wrote:Thank you for sharing your story. I am in a similar boat to you.
I wore a 10G bra, then I lost some weight about 7kg, and my breast went to a 10E, then I put the weight back on, but my breasts have reamined at a 10E (thank God!) Now I'm trying to lose weight again, 3kg so far, would like to be closer to 60kg.
I'd be interested to see how your surgery goes, my breasts are also saggy and stretch marky and cause me pain, but I don't think I could go through surgery, much too scared.
I've found doing weights minimises breast size.

Hey Louise,

I was scared to begin with but I guess for me six weeks of pain and a little bit of scars will be worth it in the end. You know how every woman has one body part that she dislikes? Well I loath my breast and there is something I can do to change that. I know it sounds drastic but diet and exercise alone will not make sagginess and stretchmarks disappear. I did my research and my surgeon is highly qualified, has done numerous breast reduction surgery and the before and after pictures demonstrates he's quality of work.

Because I will need to have my nipples removed I won't be able to breast feed but I'm fine with that because I don't want to have any children. There is also the possibility of having no sensation on the nipple either. But I'm fine with that as well because with me (and I don't know about yourself or other ladies who have overly large breast) I have no sensation anyway.

I can't wait for my operation in November I'm excited at the moment but I'm sure the closer I get to my surgery the nerves will be there.

All in all I think the positives definitely out weigh the negative. It's going to set me back around $12, 000 if I need to get both the reduction and the lift.

As to weight lifting- I asked a PT friend of mine about that and he said that although you can't spot reduce, doing weights that target your pectoral muscles will lift them up and out so that does help.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Next

Return to True Stories