It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:52 am

Free Newsletter

Story

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Story

Postby Nichtsicher » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:51 am

Well I set out to make weight loss cheap. So here we go. I started at 116kg's eating censored and not excersising. Then I decided to change myself and my ways. Thats the day I learnt that Weightloss it 80% mental. You win the mental battle, the war is just about won. So really you dont need jenny craig or weight watchers or super slim shakes etc, remember they are a company which means the bottom line for them issnt you its profit. All i did was eat right, 3 meals a day every day. I did make the meals smaller and I excersise 5-6 days a week for 1.5 hours but I didnt do that at the start. At the start I couldnt run for 10 mins without stopping and only excersised for 30 mins each time, there are a few major key points here. Routine, and patience. These are critical in my view to succesful weight loss. Now I can jog for an hour without stopping once at the same speed and I am down to 80kg's so far heading to 72 or so. I was a bit suprised last week to learn that even though I am this late into my loss I lost 5kg's in only 3 weeks. didnt seem normal to me but it happend so meh, im not complaining. In closing, its all mental. Patience and routine are the key. Not spending money on Jenny craig or wieght watchers. Also, keep it simple. dont plan meals so much because if you make it too complicated its harder to keep doing it. What else? Oh leave your wallet at home. or at least credit cards and cash etc. Thats so you wont spend money on food when your out. Also, if you have cravings drink a bottle of water and brush your teeth. I used to drink 2 bottles of soft drink a day. Now I dont drink it at all. The last time I did was september last year. Its very hard at the start but just keep telling yourself. It takes 28days to break a habit and its all worth it. I went to the doctors today for a check up, of course I knew I had perfect health now but I just wanted to silently brag :p
Nichtsicher

Postby Chelle » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:56 am

Well done Nichtsicher on the progress so far. Like me I have never went on any weightloss plans jenny craig, slim shakes ect. that you had to pay money to loss weight I thought it was no point I would rather have the money in my pocket, rather than a multi-million dollar buisness. So I call my weight loss prograss a lifestyle change, I know what your talking about it is mental abbility, because you know to losse weight you have to work for it with sticking to a healthy diet that you set yourself out & a good exercise plan you know that you are on the way to getting close your goal.
Well done again & wow :shock: running on the tready for 1 hour is unreal I would love to do that!!!!
Chelle

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Mon Feb 26, 2007 10:48 am

Wow, congratulations on your tremendous weight loss.

I agree with you, that weight loss is more about what goes on in your head than the amount of food you’re eating or what type of food you’re eating. Generally when feeling any type of emotion people reach for food instead of addressing the issue at hand - I know I am guilty of this. It's about keeping it real: preparation and the right mental state.

Great post. I enjoyed reading your story, very inspirational.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby KimE » Thu Mar 01, 2007 8:38 pm

Well done and you're right weightloss and better health doesn't have to cost the earth or anything at all for that matter. Sometimes the simplest things are the most effective.

But what it all comes down to is what works for you.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Nichtsicher » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:47 pm

Unless of course its destructive for your health
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w7pOCnu/]
[/url]
Nichtsicher

Re: Story

Postby Chunkster » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:26 am

Nichtsicher wrote: I went to the doctors today for a check up, of course I knew I had perfect health now but I just wanted to silently brag :p

Lol!!! I would love to be able to go back to my old doctor when I reach my goal weight and get a check up. I think her jaw would drop!!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wamVCMb/]
[/url]
Chunkster

Postby KimE » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:28 am

Ah yeah that goes without saying, but I see your point.
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Dee » Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:32 pm

Well done. I agree with you it is all about getting your head in the right place and going from there - but that's a WHOLE lot simpler to say than to do.

Congrats on your loss and good luck with the last bit.

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Donk » Mon Mar 19, 2007 2:18 pm

The on thing I think is the problem is that we aren't educated enough on what is good and what is bad, hence why a lot of these programs exist, for people to follow exactly by the book what they should and shouldn't be eating. Through my weight loss I have learnt more and more about what's good and what's bad and how to kick certain habits. Like you said you just have to train yourself with excercise and good foods.
Donk

Return to True Stories