It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 2:56 pm

Free Newsletter

Friday 28/10

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Friday 28/10

Postby Dolly » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:01 am

Breakfast
200g plain skim yoplus yoghurt
1 apple

2 cups of coffee
Dolly

Postby killerbabe » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:32 am

hi guys

breakfast

left overs on soy linseed toast - yummmmmmyyyyyy
coffee

last night was REALLY tough for some reason, struggled through it with only 1 small packet of pizza shapes doing the damage....somedays are just harder than others aren't they!!

have a great day and stay strong everyone.

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."
killerbabe

Postby Fairie » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:05 am

Morning everyone,

It must be so hard for you Dolly with your Thyroid problem I could only imagine what you are going through and how frustrated you must be. Don't give up, you are doing so well and besides we would miss you so much around here. :wink: :( :D

Breakfast
Yoghurt & Mango Smoothie

I was thinking I might reward myself with a facial for reaching the 20 kilo loss mark. I have never had one before. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Serena » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:00 am

I had an AVEDA facial (all natural products) a couple of weeks ago. It was so nice and relaxing and I thoroughly recommend it. I think it's a good thing to reward yourself for a job well done.

Brekky: Muesli with fruit and coffee

I had my first night of work last night and I swear it nearly killed me. It's been so long since I had to do a full day's work. I could barely walk when I got home because my feet were so sore. I think I'll have to get some new shoes if I'm going to be on my feet so much.
Serena

Postby Dolly » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:59 pm

HI guys, If that proverb 's correct Leah, then I must have heaps of courge, because I'm stuffing up today and starting over tomorrow just to let some steam out.

Serena, that facial sounds like a great idea.

Fairie, thanks for your comments of concern they meant a lot.

I decided that I needed to do something destructive diet wise!
If dieting made me gain then maybe not dieting would make me lose (do ya hear my logic?)

Do you know how hard it is to intentionally binge eat when you've given all the taboo foods to your dogs?
To do my binge I set off to do my worst
I managed to find some diet pumpkin soup
a diet soda
and a bag of diet pretzels (that'll learn ya, ha!)
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:23 pm

Good idea Dolly shocking the body can do wonders. :wink: :lol:

Did you change jobs Serena I though you were working evenings in a kitchen. :? My weight was the same as yours when I started Serena and if I can do it so can you. :D

Leah when I get the munchies I spray some Mountian Bread with a little oil, sprinkle some Herbamare (Sea salt with herbs...yummy) zap in the microwave for 1 - 2 minutes and hey presto very nice chips without the guilt.

Lunch
2 Boiled Eggs
Apple

Dinner will be
Chicken Patties
Cauli & Leek Mash
Salad
Rockmelon.

Snack
Seeds
3 dry crackers
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby hushpuppy » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:02 pm

Hi yall. I had a better day today . Had my normal breakky then had salad roll for lunch
Snack was 2 kiwi fruit and low fat soup in cup
Dinner was home made chicken burger and a handful of wedges
Snack tonight will be fruit with yogurt
I am to afraid to jump on the scales today . I will weigh in , in the morn
cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Dolly » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:23 pm

Jules, that sounds like a really nutritious day.
Fairie, I finally found out what mountain bread is http://www.mountainbread.com.au/cgi-bin/index.pl I hope they sell it here in the west.
Serena, with you're busy day it sounds like you've done your exercise for the day.

Dinner
fresh fish
salad
1 apple
Dolly

Postby Serena » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:17 am

Yes I did change jobs Fairie. I'm the new cook at the BP truck stop. A bit scary really - I have a whole week to learn the ropes then straight into the deep end. Where do you get Herbamere? I thought your mountain bread chips sounded like a great idea so I bought mountain bread but couldn't find the salt stuff.

Dolly, is there a special diet for people with thyroid problems, because sometimes you seem to be throwing yourself against a brick wall. It must be so tough to stay so positive all the time. I'm not getting results at the moment because I'm doing all the wrong things and I know that, but you seem to do all the right things and still no luck. My knowledge of thyroid problems is a bit sketchy so forgive me if I'm wrong, but one of the symptoms of a thyroid problem is weight gain (I think) so logically, once you are medicated shouldn't your weight be easier to manage?
Serena

Postby Dolly » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:42 am

Wholey shmoley! this morning my stupid defective thyroid gland just made me gain another kilogram grrrrrh!

A few years ago the doctors kept x-raying me for every little thing that went wrong, anyway all this overload of radiation from the x-ray machine caused my thyroid gland to become faulty, it will eventually die (the gland not me)
Unfortunately for me the australian government only supplies Thyroxine medication, it sometimes goes under the name Oroxine but is the same synthetic thyroid hormone stuff for this disorder named hypothyroidism.

I know synthetic iron tablets aren't absorbed by my body (I have to use organic iron tablets from the health food store) so I guess the synthetic thyroid hormone also isn't responding to my body too.

25 years ago In the USA they invented a natural thyroid medication which is named Armour Thyroid, it is easily absorbed into the body the T3 and T4 quantities being fine tuned to each individual. They also have the synthetic one that is only T4 they call it synthroid.
I begged the doctor to get Armour thyroid in for me but he laughed and said as our government won't financially approve it, it would cost a major fortune.

I guess until a health minister has a family member that is suffering with hypothyroidism there will be no change into bringing this tablet into the county that works.
I have been working so hard because my daughter is possibly getting married in April. I hope I can stay strong menally and give it another go. I can't let this thyroid condition win.

This is a letter that one lady wrote to Dr Phil when he said that anyone can lose weight. hypothyroids just have to work 3 times harder but it can be done, it's called
Kiss My Goiter, Dr. Phil http://thyroid.about.com/cs/personalpages/a/drphil.htm

These foods block the thyroid tablet from working (and should not be eaten by people with thyroid problems)
Broccoli
Cauliflower
Brussel Sprouts
Cabbage
Mustard
Kale
Turnips
Rape seed (Canola Oil)

Other goitrogens include:

Soy
Pine nuts
Millet
Peanuts

Symptoms http://www.armourthyroid.com/hypothyroi ... ml#summary
wow I'm glad I just looked this up, I didn't know that my neck and shoulder pain were just more of my thyroid symptoms (I'm wearing my neckbrace as we speak)

catch ya
love Dolly
Dolly

Return to True Stories