It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 10:37 pm

Free Newsletter

On a positive note...

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

On a positive note...

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:36 pm

Image Image

ok thought id share this with you guys :)

tonight i went for a run as you all know, and the sky was really clear with lots of twinkly beautiful stars. i live beside a lake so the air is always fresh.

i got to thinking just how far i have come- not only myself but other people here on the forum. and i just had this wave of pride! as someone who has had plenty of illness and death in her family, i was so glad of the fact that i have done something about my weight to an extent that i could possibly live a longer more fulfilling life. i really started to think that i can do anything i set my mind to, it doesnt matter what comes my way, i know i can get through it. and then i was thinking that perhaps we need a thread on the forum with positive affirmations, quotes, pictures etc where we can all come to add to it or if we have had an off day- which often happens whether you have a long way to go to reach your goal or whether its just within reach. i notice that a lot of people will post on here when they have fallen off the wagon or they havent had a good day in other areas of their lives and i thought that if we create a thread with nice positive things to read and look at, it can brighten up everyones day :)

so in conclusion, never give up guys, its rare to get the chance to stop and really think about life, and health and happiness :) you need to do it more often :)

much love
p.s. i hope that didnt sound di.ck.y!!
ImageImageImage
kate_turner2000

Postby milkyway » Sun Mar 11, 2007 9:46 pm

Good on you Kate. You have so much to be proud of. You've not only lost a lot of weight, and even though I've only been on this forum a short time, I can tell that you've given so much support, encouragement and advice to so many on this board.

I am amazed by the busy lives people here have yet still manage to fit in exercise and healthy eating. I don't know if I could do what I'm currently doing if I had kids or a full-time job or was a full-time student. You guys are all awesome.

It's so true that people are so quick to post here when they've had a bad day and gone off the rails. People tend to really beat themselves up for falling off the wagon, not getting the weightloss they had hoped for or expected, rather than focussing on all the hard work they've done already and all the positive achivements they've made. We are only human, afterall, imperfect creatures.

So to all of you out there, congrats on the steps you've taken to date to reach your goals.

PS Kate - they didn't sound d*cky at all. Your thoughts rang true with me :)
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby KimE » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:44 am

Good words Kate and so true. I think having a thread for positive images, words is a great idea. Too often we don't stop and look at what we have achieved and it can be difficult when you are caught up trying to lose the weight.

I know for me I needed to be so focused that really enjoying my achievements was difficult and even after I got to my goal it took about 3 months before I started to really appreciate what I had done. As I mentioned to you earlier Saturday was my 1 year anniversary of the start of my weightloss journey. In that time I managed to lose the weight I wanted to and maintain so far for 4 months. I know 4 months isn't much in the scheme of things and weightloss success is measured in years not months but it's a good start I reckon. I too somehow now have a lot more confidence and feel like I can tackle and accomplish whatever I set my mind to. Of course I could do this before but having achieved a big goal like weightloss it makes you realise all the more what we are really capable of.

This is an excerpt from a motivational piece by Og Mandino. Tegan posted the full version and I will track that down but I found this helped me a lot.

"I will act now. Success will not wait. If I delay, success will become wed to another and lost to me forever. This is the time. This is the place. I am the person. "
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Ally » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:43 am

That was lovely Kate!! I think it would be a lovely idea!! PM Scott and get him to set one up mate!!

Great quote Kim!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:45 am

LOL im too scared! cant someone else do it? haha
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:50 am

hehhehehe Kate there is nothing to be scared about mate...Scott doesn't bite!! (Well not this week!! hahahahahhaa) he will be more than pleased to set something up for you mate!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:09 am

Hey Kate, you did it. You got the inspirational section going. Fantastic :!: Thanks for the idea. It will help to boost people’s strength of mind for sure :lol: .

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby Dee » Tue Mar 13, 2007 9:23 am

Great idea Kate. You're right we do post bad news on here - but in turn we get such positive re-inforcement that we end up feeling better about ourselves. This website has been a completely positive resource for me; thanks to people like you

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby kate_turner2000 » Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:43 am

thanks girls, yup we all have our ups and downs i love listening to whatever sort of day it may be for you, just letting u know there is a section to brighten up ur day :) xoxox
kate_turner2000

Return to True Stories