It is currently Sat Dec 10, 2016 6:22 am

Free Newsletter

A Minor win

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed May 09, 2007 5:02 pm

fantastic comeback!!! Nobody has said anything to me when I've worn mine, but I did get a few odd looks at the supermarket, maybe trying to figure out why the "hot chick with the tidy ass" as the bloke says is wearing a weightloss top. Little do they know.

Good on you for the smart comeback!!! And thank god you didn't get one of the asshole debater types who can outcomeback a comeback any day - those were the people I always got i primaryschool :(
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby lynspott » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:20 am

Quality comeback.

I wish I was that fast - I always think of a witty response too late when I am walking down the road later.
"...The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.." Time to stop being nuts!
lynspott

Postby lng86 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 11:07 am

PRICELESS!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby Misstoodles » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:02 am

Fantastic retort!

My brother puts me down and tells me I'm doing it all wrong and there hasn't been any progress, how ugly this part of me is and that part of me is.. and the list doesn't stop with my fat. *shakes her head* Nowerdays it just drives me to lose my weight and change the other things I wan't to improve about myself. I mean screw him, who is he to put me down? Especially considering I confided in him about my appearance issues that arose from having being cheated on.

So guys if anyone ever treats you like that, try not to let it really get to you. Either come back with a great retort like that was, or stash it under your belt as fuel to keep going with what you are doing, because it's making you a healthier, more attractive and HAPPIER person, and you know that YOU would never be so horrible to someone once you've reached your desired weight, but instead encourage and congratulate them on their decision to better themselves.

People who know the personal struggle of being overweight hold a special quality that people who have been thin all their lives cannot possess, whether they are nice people or not - Understanding.

Not only do you become more attractive outwardly but you become happier, bubbly, energized, confident, deservingly proud, healthier, inspiring, you glow, you're full of life and love, understanding and encouragement. All of these things make you more attractive than anyone who will ever put you down.

Sorry if that seems like a rant, but ... yeah when I get started *blushes*
Misstoodles

Previous

Return to True Stories