It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:20 am

Free Newsletter

Turning Point...

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Turning Point...

Postby Ally » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:32 pm

Well they say that usually people have a turning point in their lives that make them want to shift the weight and lead a healthier lifestyle change.....I have hit mine!

Although I have been losing weight over the last few months, I have always felt the need to just travel along the path with the "it's ok the weight can come off slowly" attitude, but after my little incident on Saturday, I can safely say that I have reached a new understanding of my lifestyle change.

On Saturday was the first skiing lessons for my eldest daughter with her grade 7 classmates...I went along as "bank supervision" as I don't "do" boats....everything was going along fine and I was standing on the bank supervising my group of students when it struck me that I could be out there alongside my daughter, not skiing (are you joking??) but at least in the boat as the spotter etc...well that was point 1..it got me thinking about how lacksydaisy I have become....but wait there is worse to come...

I went to go to the loo ( a lovely porta-loo no less...oh yes we pee in style in the bush) and I stepped up and the bloody thing tipped towards (yes the WHOLE trailer) I was so embarrassed and had the forsight to step off the damn thing or it would have landed on top of me....fortunately I got out of it easy with a rather large and nasty bruise on my right lower leg where the metal step grazed....I have never been so mortified in all my life!! I have to say though it is the best thing that could have happened as from that point on I have been watching what goes into my mouth like a hawk......It certainly made me wake up to the fact that I really need to be diligent in my weight loss efforts and to step things up a rather large notch.....
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby Mandie » Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:37 pm

Oh no Ally that must have been terrible! BUt it's a good thing, because it's made you more determined to beat this thing and get to a healthy weight!

My turning point was probably when I was asked to get off a ride at an amusement park (Adventure World, for the perthies) because I was so big, the safety thing wouldn't click into place on me. Everyone stared, people laughed.. it was so humilating!

That will NEVER happen to me again. I'll NEVER be that big again.

Same for you Ally - take comfort in the knowledge that in a short while, you WILL be in the boat.. or even skiing (who knows?)!!

We all know you can do it. Look how far you've come already! I'm sure your family is very proud of you. :D
Mandie

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 8:32 am

Hey ally

thanks for sharing that with us. when i saw in ur email that something had happened i was really interested in knowing what however i didnt think it involved a porta loo!! Kenny wouldnt be impressed!

thats grea tthat you have been more proactive in the battle of the bulge, take it easy though you dont want to over do it to the point where you get sick or exhausted. we're all here to help so remember that! i think you are doing a great job already!

as for my turning point, i had quite a few things that just all added up one day and thats when i said i was starting 'today' to become healthier and happier. for me it wasnt one single thing but a combination of stuff :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Ally » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:19 am

Thanks Mandie and Kate....yeah I won't be 'overdoing' it just getting more serious about it instead of being so lazy! I thought I was going ok, but I look back and think no I haven't!! I know you guys are always here and at times that is my saving grace!! :wink:
[/url]
Ally

Postby SarahC » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:42 am

Wow you must have gotten a big fright when the toilet nearly tipped over! Glad you didn't injure yourself too badly. If it was me the thing would have landed on top of me as I am not that co-ordinated lol :oops:

I thought that you were doing really well beforehand! I'm sure that with the extra effort on top of the already great effort the weight is going to just start dropping off :D
SarahC

Postby Ally » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:48 am

Thanks for your kind words Sarah....yes I was going ok, but lately I found that too many treats were popping back in and slowing the weight loss down....I had starting slipping back into old habits, but I didn't want to gain back the weight this time, and after 2 consecutive weeks with a weight gain it was the jolt I needed!! It was just a real eye opener to me as I know that I still the equivalent to a hippo, but to actually have that happen was a real eye opener as well as a major :oops: :oops: !
[/url]
Ally

Postby aramat1980 » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:02 am

Congrats on your turning point Ally! I am very proud of you for deciding to work harder. I wish you all the best with your hawkness!!!

I don't know when my turning point was but I am sick of lugging my size 10/12 clothes around with me when I could be wearing them!!!

I want to be sexy again! lol

Again, Ally congratulations!
aramat1980

Postby Ally » Mon Mar 19, 2007 10:04 am

Thanks Tamara...yeah I know what you mean about lugging clothes around....my hubby got sick of my "bag of thin" clothes...he made me give them to charity....allowing me to only keep 3 good outfits.... :(
[/url]
Ally

Postby Dee » Mon Mar 19, 2007 12:45 pm

My DH made me get rid of my thin clothes.. he's promised that I get a whole new wardrobe when I can shop at normal shops again... (Don't know how he's gonna pay for it!)

How ghastly, Ally. But the do say everything happens for a reason.. Congrats to you for taking a horrid moment and turning it into a positive.

Dee
[url=http://www.phenforum.com/ticker/]
[/url]
Dee

Postby Chelle » Mon Mar 19, 2007 4:01 pm

Thankyou for sharing your story ally it must of been horrible for you, but on the other side of it it has shone a light to get those kilo's rolling off you & who know's you might get up on those skie's next to your daughter I'm sure that she will enjoy that in the future. good luck with your weight loss journey we are all here mate to help you when ever you need to chat.. by the way how old are your childen????
Chelle

Postby slimmindown » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:23 pm

Oh Ally how gut wrenching that would of been thinking about the possibilities of it tipping over, you could of gotten really hurt.
It certainly sounds like you have taken a negative situation and turned it into a positive step to loose the weight, We have all had them. I had an air stewardess ask me if I wanted an extension for the seat belt, I briskly said no thank you and breathed in deeply to get the belt done up. I vowed never again.. :wink:
[no excuses, I can do it!
slimmindown

Postby yummymummy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 6:35 pm

Thanks for sharing Ally; I sometimes think we all need a moment that reminds us to continue on with weight loss its so easy to slip back into old habits and give up because its not always easy to keep going...........................
Jody

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w3enhEK/]
[/url]
yummymummy

Postby Ally » Mon Mar 19, 2007 7:07 pm

Thanks Chelle, Deb and Jody! Yes it is amazing how quickly we can let things slip in.....

Chelle, I have 4 children aged 11 (turning 12 this year), 9 (turning 10) and 2 x 8 year olds....the skiing is for my eldest daughters extra curriculum activities.
[/url]
Ally

Postby milkyway » Mon Mar 19, 2007 9:35 pm

Ally - thanks for sharing your story. It sounds like you had a big day! I have faith in you and like many others here, I will be here to share your journey.
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Justjudy » Mon Mar 19, 2007 11:20 pm

How terrible for you Ally. At least the portaloo didn't fall on you. I know someone who once got stuck in one and had to yell the place down to get help to get out ( and he is thin).

Sometimes things happen for a reason, and if you have had a lightbulb moment, maybe it is fate.

I know that you can acheive what you set out to, you are a very strong woman. You will be skiing beside your daughter before you know it.

Keep up the good work, and watch out for those freddos.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Next

Return to True Stories