It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 1:22 am

Free Newsletter

Turning Point...

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:32 am

Kate I totally hear what you are saying. Families are strange. I sometimes wonder why my mother even had children, she is not maternal. I haven't lived under my parent’s roof since I was 12. As soon as I finished primary school I was packed off to boarding school, but I still found the need to keep trying to please my mother. I have long since given up hope of her ever giving me encouragement or support.

When I first met my partner it was so difficult to let him in and he was the first one to tell me how proud of me he was. He is the one I turn to for support and encouragement now. He hasn't adopted a passive attitude to my life style change; rather is joining me and adopting healthier changes along with me, which helps tremendously- he is my pillar of strength too. Though I'm trying my hardest to get rid of bread from our diet as it's still a huge struggle with me and is my biggest weakness hahaha, it's so funny that I would rather gorge on toast with strawberry jam than chocolate, I haven't eaten a morsel of chocolate in 5 months. But beauty loves he's soy and linseed toast in the morning and I can't ask him to give everything up completely.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:16 pm

hey jen isnt it great that they try and make their lifestyle changes at the same time! mick also put up with plenty of salad and vegies over the course of me losing my weight, and we still eat plenty of that type of food, but instead of the usual cheesy pasta bakes etc we were used to having he wouldnt whinge or anything. even if he got take away for his lunch he wouldnt tell me because he didnt want to 'rub it in'. it makes losing weight so much easier and more fulfilling when you have someone to hold your hand through it all :)
kate_turner2000

Postby A_Corner_Of_The_Earth » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:16 am

Kate, it does make it much easier to adopt healthier eating patterns when your partner gets in on it too. Beauty doesn't complain that most of our nightly meals are now vegetarian dishes, even though he loves his meat. He too is enjoying the benefits he's reaping from this, so it works well for both of us.

GW1 - 70kgs
GW2 - 67kgs
GW3 - 60kgs
A_Corner_Of_The_Earth

Previous

Return to True Stories