It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 2:58 pm

Free Newsletter

Saturday 5/11

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Saturday 5/11

Postby Dolly » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:23 am

Breakfast
3 vitabrits
skim milk
½ glass orange juice

Dolly
Dolly

Postby Fairie » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:10 pm

Breakfast
Yoghurt & Blueberry Smoothie

Lunch
Freshly caught Crabs (Gerry went out in the boat and got them early this morning)
Apple
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:37 pm

Oh yummy, you ate fresh crabs :P

Lunch
a 2 egg omelette
filled with microwaved tomato & mushroom
lots of pepper
Dolly

Postby jodestar » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:57 pm

Breakfast

strawberries
2 glasses of water
did not have much for breakfast as it my brothers wedding today feeling a bit nervous... plus i suppose there will be a lot of naughty food there too. I heard cookie cream cheesecake is for dessert :?
jodestar

Postby Dolly » Sat Nov 05, 2005 2:51 pm

Oh wow, how exciting to be at your brothers wedding.
Have a fun day!
I wouldn't worry too much about the diet today as it'll probably be a set menu, just try not to go in for seconds
Dolly

Postby Tas » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:50 pm

Breakfast;
Grilled Canadian bacon (dieters choice) and a poached egg (ooops, there goes my diet LOL)

Lunch
Salad on a vitabrit

Dinner
grilled eye fillet, salad, vegies and .......................a SPUD! :shock:

No snacks all day cos of norty brekky BUT I did mow the orchard cos I ate bacon today <sigh>

Oh and a glass or 3 of wine with dinner :twisted:

Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby hushpuppy » Sat Nov 05, 2005 4:45 pm

Bad bad bad day today . Severly stressed out today . Its one of those days where everything seems to get on top of me
No breakky lunch was a devon sandwhich . Had 4 glasses of coke and 2 chockie frogs . I will have lean cusine for dinner and try to drink 1 litre of water before bed and go for a loooong walk tomorrow .Also getting excited and scared as i will know on or just after the 11th of november (which is wednesday)4 days if i get into the university of tas to start my Bacherlor of Ed(yes im going to be a teacher ,i hope )so i gots to keep busy
hope u all had agreat day
Cheers Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Postby Fairie » Sat Nov 05, 2005 6:55 pm

Now I don't feel quite so bad as I see you also had 3 glasses of winne Tas. :evil: :evil: :evil:

I couldn't help it my son brought a bottle home from work, he works for an Italian who also makes his own wine and it was quite good. :wink: :lol:

Good Luck with being a Teacher Jules, I wouldn't have the patients. :D

Dinner
Spaghitte Bolangas (with bean sprouts instead of pasta)
Salad
Rockmelon

Please excuse any spelling errors. :wink: :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby Dolly » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:07 pm

Jules, you'd make a great teacher. So I hope you get into that Uni.

My daughter Adele completed her 3 year teaching course at Murdoch Uni and she's just about to finish her third year in the difficult to teach area, a remote town called Mt Magnet. She has 28 students 50% are aboriginal, the white kids are the children of the gold miners.

I had to laugh, they only have one supermarket, no hospital, but they have 3 large pubs. She's had many adventures both good and dangerous but she loves teaching so much. And the students and teachers all love her.

Bad things that happened to her
* On her very first day of teaching, a year 2 child pulled out a knife and said he was going to cut all the kids (she calmly gave a red ticket to a little girl to give the head master, who came back with reinforcements) It had never happened before and the child is now her best student.
* She caught the flu which made her go into a diabetic coma because her blood sugars went low and there was no hospital, the doctor was out of town (he has a 200 kilometer area to take care of) luckily her fiance found her and managed to revive her by pouring honey down the side of her mouth.
* She caught hepatitis A off one of the students.
They gave her 3 days off work plus the weekend but the pains in her liver lasted 3 months and her liver wouldn't process protein for ages, she was like a skeleton.

Good things that happened to Adele
* The aboriginals loved her so much they called her Aunty, and on week days when the teens rob houses for drug money, they left her house alone, the elder announced she was family and she was not to be harmed.
They also took her for 3 hour bush walks on weekends and taught her about bush tucker, the white spirits that roam the caves and the land and about dream time history. And how every human has an animal protector.
* She met a teacher (high school sport teacher) who was also doing his first 3 years in the outback and they fell in love and are going to get married next year.
* She also got nominated for the teacher of the year award (that school has never put in a nomination before she came along)
* she formed an after school choir/dance group for the high school teens
* She's part of the volunteer fire and ambulance rescue team.
* She volunteers herself and creates fund raisers for different organizations. Including having the monthly swapmeet.

She said she wouldn't trade any of her good or bad experiences for anything in the world. Teaching is the best and most rewarding occupation ever.

I can hardly wait for her to come home this Christmas (this time for good) I wonder which 'burb she'll have to teach in.
This past week she came down to Perth on the school bus with 13 of her students and several teachers. It was the grade 7 end of year excursion. She chose Rottnest Island for the kids to visit.

When you finish your course, would you have to teach in remote areas of your state too?
Dolly

Postby hushpuppy » Sun Nov 06, 2005 8:24 pm

Thanks for the encouragement guys . To answer your question what i am hoping to do when i finish is to become a special ed teacher . I am profoundly deaf myself . I wear hearing aids in both my ears so i am hoping to work with hearing impaired children . I dont think tassie has a school for hearing impaired kids bit they do have special schools . i hope i have as much fun as your daughter does Dolly . Being an older student at uni will be an adventure in itself lol (im 32)
Cheers all
Jules
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

Return to True Stories