It is currently Sun Dec 11, 2016 11:18 am

Free Newsletter

My story so far!!!!

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

My story so far!!!!

Postby Kaz » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:12 am

In May 2004 I weighed 105.5kg. This was the heaviest I had been in about 9 years (I weighed about 14-16 stone not sure what that is in kg as we had an old scale. I got very sick with gastro that continued for about a year and dropped to 70kg.)

My best friend got engaged and asked me to be her bridesmaid. I made a decision to lose weight and that was a huge motivational tool for me. I had joined weight watchers about 4 years previously and in 20 weeks lost only 5 kg. I still had all of my information so I started counting my points at home and kept a food and exercise diary. I weighed in with my best friend every Friday afternoon and it was so hard to tell her if I had gained weight that week.

The lowest I got down to was 80.2kg but could not seem to hold it there and at the wedding I was about 83kg. For the next year I just hovered around the 85kg mark. Early last year I decided to try to shift the last 10kg.

Things were going ok got down to about 80kg again then was feeling tired and exhausted and emotional all the time. I was binging on chocolate to give me energy. I went to the doctors and demanded a blood test and found out I had the blood disorder haemochromatosis which is when your body can not get rid of the iron and it builds up.

I had to start giving blood every 4 weeks and I am terrified of needles so I was having panic attacks each time and I would stress myself out so much that it would take 2-3 days for my body to get over it. My doc gave me some "chill pills" to take on the day and that seems to have fixed that little "drama".

The hardest part was staying motivated for my diet and I ended up just diving head first off the "wagon". I was feeling fantastic for about 2 weeks after my donation but then I would hit a wall in week 3 and start to crave "crap" again to get through the day. Quite often my fiance would come home to see me holding a block of chocolate and crying as I would feel so down and guilty that I had given in and eaten it.

Over the past year I have put on about 5-6 kg and I am terrified of going back to the way I used to be. My body's "swings" seem to have evened out as I go every 6 weeks now to donate blood so I don't have the excuse "Oh I am soooo tired I can't be bothered watching what I eat."

I am very lucky that I have a very supportive fiance who loves me as I am but I want to do this for myself not any one else.

I weighed on Saturday and as we have to go to a BBQ today I am officially starting on Monday.

Starting Weight: 94 kg (2 September 08)
Current Weight:93 kg
Goal Weight: 75 kg

1st goal is to lose 5 kg.... Reward Dye my hair!!!
Kaz

Postby Ally » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:37 am

Hi Kaz....best of luck with your journey....congratulations on your weight loss so far! With strength and determination you will reach your goals....persistance is a great thing too.....keep us updated with your progress!!

Hope you enjoyed your bbq!!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sun Apr 15, 2007 10:04 am

hi kaz enjoy your bbq :) we had one at our house with just my brother and us yesterday and it was lovely :)

i am sure you can overcome your weight problems kaz. you just to have that light bulb moment where nothing else comes first except for you and losing weight.

best wishes
kate_turner2000

Postby KimE » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:46 pm

Thanks for sharing your story with us Kaz and well done on your weightloss to date. With determination you can get to your goal.

Remember no matter what anyone tells you, chocolate isn't your friend! It's a parasite. Once eaten it sits on you in fat deposits and calls to it's mates to come and join it and have a party. Now that would make an excellent picture...
Kim - To thine own self be true
Maintainence since 04/11/06
Preferred Weight - Under 60 kgs
Current Weight - 64.8 kgs
Start Weight - 85 kgs
KimE

Postby Justjudy » Sun Apr 15, 2007 2:52 pm

Kaz, my mother suffers from heamochromotosis, and I have the defective gene that causes it, though thus far my iron levels have been fine. It is a manageable disorder, and my Mum has no trouble dealing with it, and hopefully if I end up the same way, I won't either.

Have you tried to talk to your doctor about hitting the wall at week 3? There may be something underlying that is causing this that he/she can help you with.

Judy :D
Reach for the moon, at least you'll land among the stars.

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFABM9h/]
[/url]
Justjudy

Postby Kaz » Sun Apr 15, 2007 6:33 pm

Thanks Judy for those kind words. I seem to be over those week 3 blues lately as my iron levels in my last test are almost normal. Going every 6 weeks now seems to be the right time for my body and I only hit the wall when I am either very tired (from running around putting everyone else first) or if I am not feeling very well.

I am very proud of what I have accomplished so far but I want to see it through to my new goal of under 80kg.

Starting Weight: 94 kg (2 September 08)
Current Weight:93 kg
Goal Weight: 75 kg

1st goal is to lose 5 kg.... Reward Dye my hair!!!
Kaz

Postby Mandie » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:11 pm

best of luck with your goal! thanks for sharing your story with us :) i look forward to seeing you as a 70s girl!!
Mandie

Postby MaryT » Thu May 03, 2007 8:15 pm

Hi! Just want to say best of luck and I am looking forward to read your post when you have reached your goal!
MaryT

Postby prettyinpink » Sun May 06, 2007 10:52 am

Hello Kaz, I just wanted to wish you luck on this wonderous journey we are taking. Please do not kick yourself for wanting to indulge a little in week 3. We all do it, I know I am going to be climbing the walls if I do not allow myself so treats. :cry:

So why not go with the flow and give yourself a small treat once a week, you might be surprised at how well you will do if you do not try and cut everything out at once. :D

Good luck.

Netta
Netta

prettyinpink

Return to True Stories