It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 6:56 pm

Free Newsletter

monday 14th nov...so far

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

monday 14th nov...so far

Postby carla » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:56 am

one cup of coffee with one sugar and about 20 mls fullcream milk.

This is going to be a really hard thing for me to give up. I LOATH skim milk and I think phenylalanines are evil. BUT...I have started buying de-caf. This might help with the addiction side of things which may lead to decreased coffee intake.

Approx 50 grams of muslii with 100 mls fullcream milk.

I really like fullcream milk. :?

Is there a calorie counter on this site?
carla

Postby Tas » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:05 am

Hi Carla

I had the same problem with letting go of full cream milk :lol:

I set it as one of my goals - I had to go without it for one day, then two days and so on - now I am totally off it and use low fat milk. It is a hard one I agree...as for the calorie counter, I am not sure if there is one here but I am sure if you put *calorie counter* in to Google it will come up with something.

Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Dolly » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:43 am

Carla, do they sell Pura Tone no fat milk where you live?
It tastes like normal milk and makes dieting easier.

Found my weight is sneaking up again so I'd better cut down some of my carb intake (as increasing my exercise is not an option :shock: )

Breakfast
rockmelon
Dolly

Postby Tas » Mon Nov 14, 2005 1:11 pm

Hi Dolly

My weight crept up today too :shock:

Can I ask, why increasing your exercise is not an option - is it due to your knees? (if that's a rude question, sorry just don't answer it :) )

Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Dolly » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:04 pm

I suddenly developed a condition called hypothyroidism, it means the thyroid gland in my neck isn't producing any thyroid hormone so I have next to no metabolism.
There are many symptoms, click here - http://www.armourthyroid.com/hypothyroi ... ml#summary

At present I haven't had the depression that two of my american friends are suffering from time to time.
but the one condition that seemed to have suddenly cropped up from the list is joint and muscle pain. Even the muscles at the bottom of my feet are aching. My neck and shoulder have been very painful for the past 7 weeks (some days more than others) sulphur in certain fruits seem to irritate the condition)
When I hurt this much I find I'm unable to exercise much.

I found out that I'm allergic to the synthetic iron tablets the doctor gave me to stop me fainting from lack of blood due to the hypothyroidism. So I take organic iron tablets from the health food store. The doctor has me on thyroxine (also sold as oroxine) but I think my body isn't responding well to this synthetic medication.
In the USA amongst many thyroid medications they sell one named Armour Thyroid which is a natural medication. I've asked my doctor to get some in for me but he said our government has only approved the synthetic thyroxine (the one that doesn't work on me)
I guess I have to wait for our Minister of Health to suffer with the condition before they will recognise the need for it here.

Lunch
A soft boiled egg
1 slice of wholegrain bread
1 diet yoghurt
Last edited by Dolly on Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dolly

Postby Tas » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:17 pm

Hi Dolly

Thanks for explaining that - you would think that if it is beneficial to you that you would be able to get some on prescription, wouldn't you!

Have you considered speaking to a naturopath? I often believe they are able to get things that normal doctors can't!

It's good that you are not suffering depression like some of the other people you know that suffer with the same thing!

I'll go and have a look at the link you attached.

Thanks for sharing that information.

Cheers
Maria
Tas

Postby Tas » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:21 pm

Dolly - there are a list of doctors in Australia that are working with thyroid problems as I have just checked out this link:
http://www.thyroid-info.com/topdrs/australia.htm

Maybe you can contact them and see if they will get you some in?
It might be worth a try to get you some relief?

Maria
Tas

Postby Dolly » Mon Nov 14, 2005 2:30 pm

I'll go to the discussion thread to talk as we usually have one thread here for people to post their daily food on.
click here - http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/view ... =3145#3145
Dolly

Postby Dolly » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:54 pm

ANNOUNCEMENT - Our dear Administrator Scott, has kindly provided us with a new Board on the forum, specifically for placing our daily food intake on. From now on we'll be moving from the True Stories board to the
My Daily Food Diary board. click here -
http://www.weightloss.com.au/forum/view ... =3156#3156

Thanks Scott
Dolly

Postby Guest » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:11 pm

i refuse to give up full cream milk, i only have it with my cereal. its bad enough i had to give up cheese

Ok...I have a serious eating problem

Postby carla » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:01 am

I am almost too ashamed to admit what I have forced into my poor Gi tract today. And the horrible thing is that this has become a usual kind of pattern:

after breakfast as described in first post of this thread, I had a quick lunch of 1 slice of toast with about 80 grams of cheese and some sliced tomatoe. All good.

At work. I had ...6 sweet biscuits. Two cups of coffee, with approx 20 mls milk and a sugar each. I also had a half tuna sandwich and a half ham and cheese sandwich. I also had a 100ml packet of apple juice.

On the way HOME from work, I bought a packet of onion rings and ate the lot.

When I got home, I had what was left over from dinner. A smallish bowl of chicken stir fry with capsicum and brocolli. And another cup of coffee.

Then I had an apple.

Then before I had two slices of toast with about 120 grams of cheese on them.

Actually, that doesnt sound as bad as I thought. However, two things...I was not at all hungry when I had the biscuits at work, just a little peckish. I was a little peckish when I had the onion rings butnot 'hungry'. I wasnt even peckish at all when I had the bowl of stir-fry and later, the cheese and toast.

The other thing is, my worst, absolute worst patterns occur at night. I will stuff my face STUPID and none of it is to do with hunger. I have to confront this and what this is about. I can eat properly all day but at night, all my good work just comes right undone.

It is the same with smoking, but wont go into that.

I suppose I should say that I do have depression and have recently come off anti-depressants. Depressed people can either not eat or eat too much. I dont want to go back on anti-d's though....and will not. I decided i wanted to work with it with my bare hands; change my thinking, habits and so on. As pills didnt help that much anyway, and at times, even created more of a problem.

I was almost not going to put in a post tonight. But there it is...I did.
carla

new thread

Postby carla » Tue Nov 15, 2005 2:03 am

and I just saw the post about the new 'what I ate today' thread.

Oops.
carla

Postby Dolly » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:59 am

Carla, perhaps you were just on the wrong type of depression pill. It sounds like the one you were on didn't suit you.
One of my friends in America switched depression pills and she is now able to funcion properly.

When I'm tired eat things because they are there. For me if I'm to do a heroic thing like passing up 6 biscuits and not getting praised for it, Ill end up eating the cookies.
I need acknowledgement for the good stuff I do, I guess that's why we have this forum.
I too will have to record what I passed up.

Good luck with your new day of challenges.
Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Nov 15, 2005 9:05 am

carla, are you working with a psychologist? (I'm blowing my own future proffession's horn here, just so you know - I'm currently studying psych, but I want to do forensic, so don't take my advice as professional). I assume you had seen a doctor for your depression and were prescribed anti-depressants, which is a common course of action. It's a perfectly acceptable decision to not medicate, since there are other ways of tackling depression, including changing your thought patterns.

If you can identify the problems and address them yourself that is fantastic, and all power to you! However if you find it difficult and don't quite know where to start, that's quite normal too. In that case, I'd suggest even a one-off consultation with a clinical psychologist. They can't prescribe meds except in consultation with a doctor or psychiatrist. They are also usually trained in this stuff and might help you identify thought processes you didn't even know were there.

I have some pretty dodgy internal monologues too, so I can sympathyse with how you feel.

P.S. Take note of the above post. There are more than one type of andti-d med. However my personal point of view is that if you have thought processes that you don't want, you need to address these in ways other than with medication. I believe there are some people whose depression is ultimately chemically induced alone, but for most people, I don't think meds are the be-all and end-all although they can help stabilise your moods in the short term so you can work through the issues. Just a personal view through.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Tas » Tue Nov 15, 2005 11:10 am

Hi Carla

Firstly congratulations in being able to acknowledge and post what you believe was a downslide yesterday - Today is another day ok?

Sometimes I believe we all fill in voids in our lives with something, whether it is food, cigarettes (that's me with the cigs!) or alcohol or in fact either or all of the combinations mentioned. Being depresssed can not help either. if I were you I would be speaking to a professional and seeking some help with the depression - maybe there is something out there that can help you in this aspect.

Looking again at what you ate yesterday is not that bad either - you could have had a double helping of take out food full of fat - you didn't - today is another day....so let yesterday go now, there is nothing you can do about it so you might as well let that one slip by.

Today could be your turning point to seek help and I hope so for you.

Take care Carla

Maria
Tas

Next

Return to True Stories