It is currently Mon Oct 24, 2016 5:58 pm

Free Newsletter

How did this happen?

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

How did this happen?

Postby melinda » Sat May 26, 2007 12:36 am

Controlling my weight has been a life long challenge, it started early when I was 11yrs old, I weighed 60kgs & was a size 14, my mum was a typical English cook, she loved fried 'anything' & I loved eating!!. I started seeing a dietician over the summer holidays, & by the time I reached high school, was an average weight up until my late teens, mostly due to an active lifestyle.

I am now 32 & over the years I have put on & lost weight at least half a dozen times, my biggest being 103kgs & my smallest 59kgs (I am 172cms). I have tried Gloria Marshall, Jenny Craig, Weight Watchers, Lite N Easy, Sure Slim, Optifast & endless fad diets. It makes me cringe when I think of now much time & money I have spent on losing weight, oh how I envy those with a high metabolism!

Which brings me to where I am today, I’m not getting any younger & I want to conquer this once & for all, to leave the disappointment & the constant battle of the bulge way, way behind me. How I long to get up in the morning & not try on three different outfits before I settle on something that ‘hides’ everything.

So that’s my story in a nutshell, it’s probably very similar to many out there. I just have to take this one day at a time & being able to share my journey with you all, to receive & provide support is a great motivator, thankyou :D .

I’m feeling good & looking forward to a healthy & happy future

Postby kate_turner2000 » Sat May 26, 2007 10:36 am

wow gloria marshall thats one i havent heard of in a long long time. hey melinda thanks for sharing that with us. its good to reflect back on why we are the size we are. it keeps you focused to do something about it and you can refer back to it at any time.

you can do this once and for all

Postby madeline » Sat May 26, 2007 11:39 am

You can do it Melinda! *waves pom poms* hehe

Btw athough you're "not getting any younger" you are still young! 32 isn't old... just think of Loreli Gilmore from the Gilmore Girls! What a hottie.

Love and hugs

"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)

Postby melinda » Sat May 26, 2007 12:16 pm

you're right kate looking back on what we have done does keep us focused, especially when it is in black & white, there is no denying now what has to be done :)

yeh gloria marshall, they went bust about 10 yrs ago & my membership with it :( I did lose about 15kgs with them though, I remember they had this table you would lie on & it was supposed to jiggle your fat away, like the machines you stand on with the rubber band around your waist, always made me laugh :lol:

madz haha if I could lose weight as fast as Loreli could talk I would be a hottie :)

Return to True Stories