It is currently Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:49 pm

Free Newsletter

Loosing my way

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Loosing my way

Postby Fairie » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:17 am

I am finding it very hard to stay on plan at the moment because we are so busy and I can't plan my days properly it is really getting to me. I don't even have time to do my 1 Mile Walking DVD, I know I could get up an hour earlier but I am already up at 6.30am. I have baby birds that I'm handrearing (15) 3 times a day then we start with the birds outside, we don't get finished till about 5pm and then I'm to stuffed to think about excersising.

Gerry is going away for a week on Thursday so I will be looking after all our (140 Aviaries) Parrots on my own and it's breeding season so it is extra work. Gerry only has 1 week's break a year so I would never dream of saying don't go.

I can manage but I just don't have time or the extra effort that's needed to keep on track and that's what I find frustrating. I have worked so hard to loose the 21 kilo that I have already lost and I am frightened I will start to let that creep back on.

Sorry for rambling, I just needed to let it out.

Postby Dolly » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:32 am

With all that work you do, you're probably doing your share of physical exercise anyway. If not and you can't cut your food intake down any further to help you lose weight, then how about purchasing some dumbbells.
If you do a few dumbbell lifts whilst watching TV in the evenings, you hardly notice you've done them. I bought mine second hand and do dumbbell lifts during commercial breaks.

Postby hushpuppy » Tue Dec 06, 2005 9:10 pm

hi fay
What i have started to do is find out calories burnt while doing norm house stuff .im not sure whether Ed has it on the energy scale here on the site . If it isnt on here try it has a thingy on it that u put in all the exercise and housework on it and it will tell u how many cals burnt during that time . It all adds up in the end im sure all the hard work u do at home would add up too

Cheers Jules
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg

Return to True Stories