It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 4:56 am

Free Newsletter

getting back on the wagon......

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

getting back on the wagon......

Postby Ses » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:03 pm

I have never been hugely overweight, but obesity does run in the family. I am lucky that I "carry" weight well, so even with a BMI of 32 do not look too big.

I successfully went from 81kg down to 65kg with ww a few years ago (the lightest I had been since 18!), but had crept back up to 84kg at the beginning of this year. Over the last 2 years I have tried revisiting the ww plan, calorie counting and excercising, but could not shift the kilos. (I could jog for 10 km though!)

Retrospectively I think the lack of loss was due to stress, and the fact I was commuting between Canberra and Brisbane on a weekly basis for 2 years.

Things have settled back into some form of normality this year, and I am back at ww. I dropped 3.5 kg over the first month, and then plateued for a month, due to lunch provided everyday and not drinking enough water (hard to count points if I have not made it!).

This week however I have made up for the last month, and think I have lost another 1.5 kg - due to a combination of making my own lunch (planning my food for the day if I am to be honest) and a horrible virus that has effectively taken the edge off my appetite. The weigh in is tomorrow!

Thanks for reading my rambling, I am off home to bed, as the dreaded plague has a firm hold, and I really cannot contemplate the lecture on geriatrics scheduled for this afternoon..... :wink:
Ses

Postby Chelle » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:38 pm

You have lost the weight before you can do it again, You have done well with WW it seem to work for you. Wow canberra to Brisbane every week what are you doing for a job to go there all the time or do you work for the goverment.... Good luck with weightloss
Chelle

Postby Ses » Tue Jun 26, 2007 6:55 pm

long story chelle - but it was self funded and study oriented. I am still recovering!

Looks like we are at the same point in our goals .... maybe we can provide some support/friendly competition????
Ses

Postby Chelle » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:10 pm

yeah deffinately if you want to pm me
Chelle

Return to True Stories