It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 7:27 am

Free Newsletter

what do you want to wear...

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: what do you want to wear...

Postby Ambryi » Fri Aug 08, 2008 5:23 pm

The minute I hit my goal weight (or close enough to it!) I'll be hitting the shops for:
:arrow: Cinched waist dresses
:arrow: Skinny jeans!!!
:arrow: High necked shirts/tops, without looking frumpy
:arrow: Shorts (*sigh* - the thought of wearing a pair of short, comfy shorts and actually looking good... :mrgreen:)

Also, I have this lovely top - black with white polka dots, fitted, with a lacy top, that I LOVE and I haven't been able to wear for ages... I think fitting in to that will be my first mini goal :wink:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wtMIPOZ/]
Ambryi

Postby hippy_shake » Sat Aug 09, 2008 8:56 am

Oh and I want to fit into the half of my wardrobe that is currently in the too small shelves!! I also found a pair of jeans that I have always tried to fit into every time I loose weight, I think the last time I wore them was 2 years ago but even then they were incredibly tight! They are a size 12 so as well as looking good in a bikini the jeans are a pretty important one for me to to achieve to prove that this time is different from the rest! :D
Jane :)

SW:80- 21/05/08
CW:68.5
GW:60

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w6qtd3I/]
hippy_shake

Postby girlingumboots » Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:42 pm

- A bikini!
- A gorgeous, silky, clingy sort of a dress- the sort that doesn't suck everything in, strap everything down and smooth over the lumpy bits, because, of course, I'm planning not to have any lumpy bits :P.
- Those leggings that everyone wears to exercise/with boots and long-ish shirts at the moment. Even if they're horrendously unfashionable by then, I'm going to get a pair and wear them with pride!
girlingumboots

Postby Strawberry » Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:07 pm

girlingumboots wrote:- Those leggings that everyone wears to exercise/with boots and long-ish shirts at the moment. Even if they're horrendously unfashionable by then, I'm going to get a pair and wear them with pride!

me too me too. I purchased a pair of tights to wear with a shirt dress - the result was ghastly :( i looked so frumpy & fat.
Strawberry

Postby carinna » Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:03 pm

Skinny jeans! :mrgreen:
*Check out my BEFORE and AFTER pics*:
http://www.carinna.wordpress.com
**Comments are always welcome!**
carinna

Postby Littlegirl » Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:46 pm

yeah! bring on the skinny jeans! (i doubt i could even fit a foot in my skinny size 10 jeans). Currently size 14.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wNU4AQX/]
[/url]
Littlegirl

Postby Alissa » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:22 pm

I simply would like to be able to walk into a store and not feel self concious about having to look for the largest size and hope it fits. I have never been able to do this

oh and the one size fits most.......... i want to be in one of those "most"

I love the idea of dresses - but wearing them is another thing altogether. Now that spring is here and summer is approaching I want to be able to wear a dress in the coming months that is all about being woman! something I know my boyfriend would love because I am such a tomboy most of the time lol

And the knee high boots - oh what a dream! i have a size 10 but when the rest of the boot doesn't fit - i don't even try to look for them anymore. But I will one day - put that under the heading of walk into a store and have it fit off the shelf.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wAO59rd/]
[/url]
Alissa

Postby Laura_K » Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:48 am

Definately the knee high boots!!! With a nice skirt.

Oh and just to be able to shop at normal stores... Has anyone noticed how much cheaper small clothes are???
Laura_K

Postby Misstoodles » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:41 pm

You'll both get your dream of knee high boots one day. That was always my dream and I have a beautiful pair now :D
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wFyKFbn/]
[/url]
Misstoodles

Postby beanie » Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:50 pm

I would love to wear mid to lo rider jeans and a singlet and look great and feel comfy!! With no muffin top and flab arms. I would also love to wear a maxi dress and actually look good not like Im covering up in a moo moo!!!

Also I would like to be able to walk up the beach in Bali on my honeymoon in my bikini and feel great about myself!!

Ahh thats what I needed to pull myself back on the wagon again. Ive been teetering dangerously close to the edge lately.
BRINGING SEXY BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!

SW - 74.7kgs
CW - 73.7kgs
GW - 60-64kgs

1st mini goal-crack into the 60s by 11th Oct-besties 30th
2nd mini goal-65 by Christmas
beanie

Postby lilmissfatso » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:40 am

I want to be able to wear jeans and a plain black singlet and look like sexy simplicity. At the moment, I look like a trucker in a singlet.
Oh and I want to own a beautiful black Audrey Hepburn dress :)
Heaviest: 117kg (06) - got to 105kg
Oct 08 SW: 108.7
Mini Goal 1: 105kg on my 30th - done

Mini Goal 2: Under 100 before xmas

lilmissfatso

Postby miranda*jane » Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:50 am

Alissa wrote:oh and the one size fits most.......... i want to be in one of those "most"

I feel exactly the same!! When I get to my goal weight (and when I have the money to splurge) I want to buy a stupidly expensive dress that my mother would shoot my for spending so much on (ie, Gauci, Prada etc) and wear it cause I can...

I'd also (and this will sound stupid) I want to be able to wear my boyfriends clothes and have them look on me how they look on him (as in his jeans when I'm feeling bogan...not that his jeans are bogan, but you know what I mean).

<3M
. . . when the rich wage war . . . it's the poor who die . . .
miranda*jane

Postby lilmissfatso » Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:33 am

[/quote]

I'd also (and this will sound stupid) I want to be able to wear my boyfriends clothes and have them look on me how they look on him (as in his jeans when I'm feeling bogan...not that his jeans are bogan, but you know what I mean).

<3M[/quote]

Oh I understand that completely. My bf wears the cutest tshirts and bonds work singlets I'd love to be able to pinch them. Though he is very small bit, so wear are hoping to bulk him up and I slim down and to meet somewhere in the middle :)
Heaviest: 117kg (06) - got to 105kg
Oct 08 SW: 108.7
Mini Goal 1: 105kg on my 30th - done

Mini Goal 2: Under 100 before xmas

lilmissfatso

Postby mum2james » Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:30 pm

I would love to wear summer dresses. I love the floral floaty ones and pastel colours. There are so many cute dresses out now i'm so tempted to buy some for inspiration.
I would love to be able to wear a little black dress too. To be able to wear a dress and heels when my boyfriend and I go out would be fantastic. :D
Stacey - 25 and mum to a beautiful 5 year old boy. :-)

Current weight: 76kg
Goal Weight: 70kg
mum2james

Postby yoyogirl88 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 6:12 pm

I would like to be comfortable in a short skirt or dress. Also something where myarms show without me putting on a little cardi or jumper over.

But most of all I want to fit back into all MY old too small clothes.

Oh yess and I want to be able to share clothes with my mum again. As childish as it sounds its really upsetting that she is smaller than me.
20 month old twins and a breastfed bubba. Busy mama!
Starting this time at 99.5
Current weight 97.9
yoyogirl88

PreviousNext

Return to True Stories