It is currently Tue Sep 27, 2016 12:52 pm

Free Newsletter

what do you want to wear...

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Re: what do you want to wear...

Postby äirly » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:57 am

I love this thread, makes me think of all the nice things I want to wear :D One of the things I miss most is shopping - its very different going at a healthy weight and finding stuff that looks good, to going when your overweight and just hide everything. Ones a pleasure, the other is an exercise in damage control!

Anyway, for me I'm looking forward to;
Wearing a sexy, flattering dress (that doesnt have to suck in, bolt down, cover, disguise or distract)
Really just comfy clothes... nice jeans, fitted blouses, cardians, short skirts etc.

I will say though that after being overweight, I do dress a lot nicer in some ways... it teaches about body shape, flattering lines, colours etc. All the tricks I now use to hide will still be handy i think :mrgreen:
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby SmittenKitten » Sat Mar 05, 2011 5:37 pm

I have lost a bit of weight & and can now shop at stores that stop at size 14, this was a big deal for me as previously I shopped at shops for larger girls. I hated shopping with friends as they wouldn't be seen dead in those stores or we would go somewhere & they would insist I wasn't "that big" and convinced me to try on things I knew I wouldn't fit, forcing both of us to admit that yes I am "that big"

I would still like to be able to wear knee high boots & not just those horrible ones that are an elastic sock attached to a flat rubber heel! I would also like to be able to wear stay up stockings, I can't at the moment because my thighs touch & this causes the stockings to roll & simply fall down :(

A bikini would be nice but I already have huge amounts of excess skin so I think once I have my babies I would LOVE a tummy tuck as otherwise I think I will always have my horrible tummy.

I want to be able to go into an ultra trendy shop & not have the sales girl tell me they don't carry my size, once I was asked not to try anything on as she "knew" I wouldn't fit anything & didn't want to have to inspect every thing I tried on for split seams, busted zippers etc and then charge me accordingly. It broke my heart as I had just lost my first 10kg & had hoped to by a dress to celebrate, it reminded me that know matter how much weight i lost I would always be seen as fat to someone.

Short shorts would be great! And lastly fitted jeans and a top that doesn't have to come down to my crotch in a sad attempt to cover my tummy.

Good luck everyone - I would love to see you in your goal item when you reach it! Please help me stay motivated :)
SmittenKitten

Postby äirly » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:04 pm

Oh Smitten that sales girl sounds like a real f*cking mole! I just can't believe the nastiness of some people!
HW: 84kgs (2011) got down to 67kgs (2012)
SW: 74kgs - (2013) post baby!
CW: 68kgs (Updated 6 May 2014)
GW: 62-64kgs (size 10)
äirly

Postby CronicBadger » Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:14 pm

I want to wear a shirt that I can tuck into my pants.

For years now I either wear a tee-shirt (not tucked in) or a collared and buttoned shirt left untucked, simply because I'm too embarrassed by the overhang of my stomach. In the past it wasn't so much a "muffin-top" look as a "mushroom-top" look. :(

Even now with all the weight I've lost my stomach still overhangs and so I still wear my shirts outside. I'm waiting desperately for the day, hopefully soon, on which I finally tuck in a shirt, look in a mirror, and not feel disgusted with my appearance.
CronicBadger

Postby carlal19 » Sat Jun 04, 2011 3:33 am

My pants from my mother is my favorite. I'm excited on my weight loss.
carlal19

Postby kendra! » Sat Jul 02, 2011 5:54 pm

Skinny jeans minus the additional accessory affectionately known as the "muffin top". :lol:
kendra!

Postby middy58 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 5:20 pm

A little white dress I bought in a size 10. I'm currently a 12-14, but the dress is very slinky, so i will have to be a good size 10 for it to look good. The reason this dress is so important to me is that when i bought it home, my boyfriend said 'WOW, that is hot!!' and for him I would like to strut my stuff in it and look gorgeous!!
middy58

Postby Maddy's Mum » Wed Sep 14, 2011 10:52 am

I'm with Kendra! I want to wear skinny jeans without the muffin and without having to wear a long top over them so that nobody can see my thighs or worse (the cellulite through them! Yuck!!). :D
SW: 71kg
W1: 68.7kg
W2: 69kg
W3: 67.9kg
W4: 67.6kg
W5: 66.6kg
MGW: 67kg ACHEIVED!! 6th October 2011 :)
W6: 66.0kg
W7: 65.1kg
W8: 65.1kg
W9: 65.4kg
W10: 64.7kg
GW:63kg

Maddy's Mum

Postby whisper » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:41 am

For me its a skirt that i have kept from years ago and a special tshirt... neither are very flash and when i wear them people wont even notice, but i will know how far i have come to be able to fit into them.

a couple of years ago, when i lost a lot of weight, i could almost wear the shirt, so i know its possible, i just have to keep working at it.

Kate

Remember to Breathe
whisper

Postby sally2303 » Wed Sep 28, 2011 6:18 pm

I want to be able to wear:

Two pairs of jeans I bought in QLD and have never been able to get into. They were a steal at $50 for both (brand name) and are bright blue/dirty grey straight legs.

Bikini. This is something I have NEVER felt comfortable wearing.

Lingerie for my partner - I have always loved a bit of lacey stuff, never been confident to wear it and never had a partner that appreciates it.

Singlet. Simple, but I really hate my arms and at the moment I refuse to be seen with out a cardigan or something covering them.

Anything that shows my legs.... yes anything, and be happy to. And to be able to walk with a dress on and not wear leggings so my legs dont rub together.

Tshirt - I know this sounds a little silly, but I look disasterous in one due to my massive rack and muffin top.

I think overall, I want to be able to wear normal everyday clothes and feel COMFORTABLE. I dont want to have to readjust, reposition, tuck and overlayer my clothes worring how many rolls I have showing or if my underpants will show when sitting down! I just want to put them on and not have to worry about it :mrgreen:

I honestly can not remember a time that I put something on and just felt comfortable. That is what scares me the most. I am still in my twenties and really should be enjoying my body and my life.

Goal 1: Start - 27/09/2011
Goal 2: Under 80kg Reward: necklace
Goal 3: Under 75kg Reward: pair of heels
Goal 4: Under 70kg Reward: earrings
Goal 5: 65kg Reward: New bikini
Goal 6: Maintenance Reward: new wardrobe!
sally2303

Previous

Return to True Stories