It is currently Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:36 am

Free Newsletter

what do you want to wear...

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Postby taradog » Mon Jul 23, 2007 10:38 pm

1. These fabulous black pants that I have that I looked fantastic in when I was a size 8( a long time ago)!
2. Nice shorts that have good legs in them :P
3. Too many things to list, but I know that all my fat clothes are getting thrown in the charity bin as soon as I possibly can!
taradog

Postby Mandie » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:02 am

1. A dress that I bought late last year that is STILL obscenely tight on me... can't wait to wear that!

2. A smaller size of jeans!
Mandie

Postby Pipsi » Thu Jul 26, 2007 1:46 pm

I want to wear skinny leg jeans!!!!!!!! And boots - they just do not fit around my leg (doesn't help having a size 11 foot).....

I want to wear tight fitting dresses that hug my curves... I want to wear a bikini and look HOT in November when I go to Thailand.

I want to wear a really hot halterneck dress I have to a wedding in October....

I could go on :)
Starting Weight - 85kg
Current Weight - 82.5kg
Goal Weight - 60kg

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Pipsi

Postby reester33 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:10 pm

Hey Pipsi - I hear ya GF!!! Size 11 feet....where for art thou decent shoes?? :lol: I have 3 sizes....10, 11, and 12 if the shoes are pointy (but 12's seem to be too big).

I saw something on A Current Affairt the other night about women with heaps of shoes, and there was this one woman with larger feet who started up her own shoe shop.....but nothing under a size 12!! :(

I WAS EATING MYSELF TO DEATH WITH A KNIFE AND FORK!
reester33

Postby SarahC » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:39 pm

Hehe it's the same problem when you have size 5 feet :P
SarahC

Postby ali » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:42 pm

My dream outfit is just a nice, tight pair of fitted jeans and a white singlet top and some gorgeous stilettos! Without having the hideous love handles and belly folding over the top of my jeans. I would love to be able to get into the 5 pair of jeans in my wardrobe that dont fit. Im down to one pair of pants that still fit!

I would love to be able to look good in a pair of short shorts and a singlet top in summer. My bf lives at the beach so i would love to wear short shorts at his place in summer. My bf's brothers gf is tiny and looks fab in everything! She just lives in short shorts for most of the year and i look at her enviously wishing i could wear them!

Also, along the line of lingerie, i would love to be able to wear those stockings which hook up to a garter belt, without my fat bulging over the top of the stockings, not a good look!

A small, black, fitted dress!!!

For when i get my degree and start my job, a high waisted fitted black skirt and white blouse and heels... I tried one on in a store the other day and my figure looks hideous, bulges in all the wrong places, yuck!

Skinny leg jeans and my boots that I still havent worn since i bought them a year ago.

I would just love to go into a store and put on something and look good in it instantly! No more pulling pants up and pulling tops down, constantly adjusting to hide the bulges and rolls!

I could go on! Lol. Hopefully we'll all get there soon! Good luck! Sorry for the rant!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Postby lng86 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:27 pm

A gorgeous Wayne Cooper or Alex Perry dress to my cousin's wedding on the 19th of April, 2008. I will have to be a size 14 MAXIMUM. I'll get there... eventually!

It's funny (not literally) that the majority of our goals are just to be able to wear decent clothes. It is difficult to be fat in Australia. Overall, I don't think that is a bad thing... Being fat in America is being accepted more and more because designers are fitting in with the standard. At least Australian women (who don't want to live in trackies for the rest of their lives) are forced to do something about their weight. I just wish there was more of an option to wear whilst we slowly reach our goals. The average Australian woman is a size 14 - so who's hogging all of the clothes?!?!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:31 pm

marilyn monroe was a size 14 australian :)
kate_turner2000

Postby Pipsi » Thu Jul 26, 2007 3:32 pm

reester33 - theres a place in Sydney city (near where I work) called Long Lines. I've got some gorgeous shoes from there - and when I get comments on them and people ask where I got them I'm like oh some designer store hehe They go up to size 15 for women I think. Here is the link :-

https://www.longlineshoes.com.au/

Diana Ferrari are fab and fashionable and go up to 11 & 12..... I have lots of their shoes.

Its prob a good thing I have big feet cos I reckon I would go nuts for shoes :)
Starting Weight - 85kg
Current Weight - 82.5kg
Goal Weight - 60kg

Life is not a dress rehearsal

Pipsi

Postby toofat » Wed Aug 01, 2007 4:59 pm

I would LOVE to wear:

a mini skirt without looking like an elephant...
wearing knee boots to go with the skirt
and a strapless top to make a complete picture!!!!!!!

skinny jeans.. [as i'm far from being skinny right now! ]
toofat

Postby Jannie » Sun Aug 05, 2007 5:28 am

Oh, so many things....

skinny leg jeans
singlets and tank tops
shorts
bathers
those little smocked tops everyone is wearing without people thinking i was pregnant
pretty knickers
any of the assorted sizes of too-small clothes jamming my wardrobe - i used to be quite skinny and have jumped up size by size
just to be able to go into any clothes shop and find something that fits
not have to take an armload of the biggest sizes into the changeroom and get progressively more depressed and teary when nothing will do up, or you can't pull the pants over your hips, then slinking out of the changeroom and putting it all back while the shop assistant watches :oops:

It would just be nice to enjoy shopping for clothes again. I had a friend who was in a clothes shop to buy a gift for her daughter, when the shop assistant called out to her, "we don't sell anything in your size". I have always had a secret fear that even if they don't say it, they are thinking it.

Jannie
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wBcrzqc/]
[/url]
Jannie

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Aug 07, 2007 11:25 am

man, I would have slapped that shop assistant silly. :evil:

I don't think I really have all that much I want to wear, I've never been big on clothes shopping. Probably because it's such a drag having always been big. Now I don't like it cause I fit in to everything and have to CHOOSE what i want. :shock: and I have no idea what i want cause I have no idea about what to wear since I just always wore what I could find that fitted :lol:

I've made it (just) into bikini land, so I'm happy.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby ali » Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:04 pm

I want to wear a bikini at the beach without shorts over the top too. I hate my wobbly thighs, so hopefully I will be all toned by summer! My bf also thinks wearing shorts at the beach looks silly (on girls) so my goal is to be able to wear a bikini by summer. Also short shorts!
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w0XqXGi/]
[/url]
GOAL 1: 59KG - 30/12/07
GOAL 2: 56KG
GOAL 3: 53KG
ali

Postby Suminoya Buffet » Wed Aug 08, 2007 12:31 am

I got given this D&G cream safari shirt last year and it was about 4 sizes too small!

I've kept it and stashed it away, I would like to wear it out one day when it fits me :lol:
Suminoya Buffet

Postby jeshka » Mon Aug 20, 2007 4:13 pm

i'd love to go into a shop and try on a size 12, only to find it's too big. it used to be that way for me, heck, sometimes a size 10 was too big!

i want to wear pants/shorts/skirts on my hips - i've taken to wearing 'highpants' to keep the lovehandles tucked in.

i want to wear my white skinny jeans that i have never worn, and my size 10 red velvet Lee Jeans that I haven't worn since i was about 17.

i want to throw on any random outfit from my wardrobe and have it look and feel good without any hitching up/strap adjustment/tantrums

and, even though i usually wear my bikini without boardies anyway (boardies tend to give me a rash) - i want to do it with confidence :)
jeshka

PreviousNext

Return to True Stories