It is currently Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:53 am

Free Newsletter

I have lost 10 kgs in a Month !!

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

I have lost 10 kgs in a Month !!

Postby crushbeat » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:13 pm

Hi all,

i'd like to share my true story of losing my weight...

about 2 month ago, my weight is about 75 kgs... :shock:
my friend, danniel, adviced me to take diet pills but i'm very scared about the side effects of those pills... but he keeped forcing me and told me this is different, it's made by herbal so it's safe and healthy...

so i give it a try... drink it regurally...
the results?? i have lost about 10 kgs in a month... :D
now my weight is about 59 kgs and decreasing...
crushbeat

Postby milkyway » Wed Aug 08, 2007 4:49 pm

10kg in one month? From 75-65kg? Wow! That sounds really unhealthy...

Just curious - what kind of changes have you made to your lifestyle during this time?

And just because the product is made from 'natural' ingredients doesn't mean it's safe or healthy. That's ridiculous. Natural products can do just as much damage as synthetic products if they're inappropriately administered!!! People should never self medicate with herbs etc. They should always seek the advice of a professional, qualified practitioner (e.g. Chinese Medicine Dr.)

I am always wary of these 'lose weight quick' scams - cos that's what they are - scams. And judging by the website you've linked to in your signature, I can only assume that you're trying to sell us something

:roll:
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby kate_turner2000 » Wed Aug 08, 2007 5:14 pm

lol yeah he was and i deleted his link to the hoodia website he was promoting. didnt want to delete the topic completely because i know in the past that some people have been actual real members and have got upset when their posts were deleted (they werent deleted by me though ;) ) but you know what i mean :)

so yeah 'crushbeat' you arent allowed to promote/sell items via links on the forum
kate_turner2000

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Wed Aug 08, 2007 7:15 pm

spot on about herbal or vitamin supplements being dangerous if overused. Even vitamin C will give you the runs if you overdose and I'm sure would give you worse if you take way way too much.

And 10kg in 1 month, that's like 2.5 kg per week, which is not TOO bad for the very beginning of weight loss if you have a very large amount to lose and had made pretty good diet and exercise changes (most of the loss in a case like that would be fluid I would imagine), but I would be VERY concerned if it continued beyond a month at that rate.

And lose weight quick by taking this pill schemes - not for me thanks. I'd rather do it the old fashioned way if at all possible.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby ISparkyI » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:29 am

Yeah usually the case of if it sounds too good to be true then it usually is . .

I have been using a product called Hydroxycut . . I read a lot of reviews about it first off but in all seriousness its just a supplement . nothing more . .

The only sure way to losing weight is a balanced diet with plenty of exercise . .

10 kilos in a month can be done . . i lost 8 in one month but the only drama with it being after doing it hard for that amount of time, the body needs to rest . . i had a couple of weeks of not bothering with the gym and it was my bodies way of saying it had had enough . .

Whatever works for you congratulations . . but remember most of the time its not about a diet or a quick fix . . its a long term solution that most of us seek !

Shaun
Nothing Ventured . . Nothing Gained . . .

ISparkyI

Postby Ally » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:48 am

thanks for deleting that link Kate.....this kind of thing for the same product has been on here before....however I just deleted the whole post :twisted:
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

I agree

Postby jene1985 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:54 am

My aunty is a naturopath so I know from experience that although herbal remedies can be very useful they can also be dangerous if not used correctly they also say the faster you loose the wight the more likely it is you put it back on also herbal remdies can be very expensive
"I am a work in progress but some day I plan to be a masterpeice"
jene1985

Postby Playboy_bunny » Fri Aug 17, 2007 8:57 pm

sorry but why would you take something because someone 'made' you??? Thats insane! :shock:
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby vanessa0305 » Sat Aug 18, 2007 8:15 am

IF there was a magic pill to get you slim Oprah would have found it by now and would always be slim.

I don't believe there is any pill out there that will help you lose weight. Some can dull your appetite and others claim to speed up metabolism but without a change in eating habits and regular exercise you will never take weight off and keep it off.
Vanessa

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/woi7sgh/]
[/url]
vanessa0305

Postby Misstoodles » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:33 am

Am I the only one who spotted that 75kg minus 59kg equals 16kg, not 10kg? Unless this is me misunderstanding, and the extra 6kg was lost after that month ?

I don't like the promotion of diet-pills, and I detest how companies are taking advantage of peoples desire to be healthier and use natural alternatives by boasting the properties of a herbal product and then squashing peoples faith in herbs when they discover it hasn't worked for them :-(

I love herbs and grow several, and have a fair understanding of how many can help you for various things, obviously this is still such a small amount because of the amount of different herbs there are and the lack of scientific understanding on the entire subject of natural medicine.

Something I think that is better and likely more effective than a herbal diet pill, or any diet pill for that matter, is rather than trying to find a product to make you lose fat, instead do things that will enhance your health. That could mean learning about the bodies nutritional needs, and to try and meet that as best you can. If you want to use herbs, I think it's best to make sure you speak to a naturopath first. But in my opinion getting your insides and your emotional and mental health in check is more likely to result in easier weight loss than taking a pill anyway.
Misstoodles

Postby madeline » Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:49 pm

hehe nice pick up misstoodles... i was thinking the same thing myself but i couldn't be bothered working it out because I thought she was a spammer :roll:
"Ððñ'† µ wï§h ¥ðµr gïrl£rïêñÐ wå§ hð† lïkê mê, Ððñ'† ¥å ßåߥ ;)"
CW- 57kgs, GW- 53kgs (8kgs lost!)
madeline

Postby Playboy_bunny » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:40 am

pretty sure it was just spam, she had a link to hoodia pills or something, which Kate deleted so I think it was just garbage
Image•·.·´¯`·.·•Gracie•·.·´¯`·.·•
Playboy_bunny

Postby Optimus » Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:39 pm

Those hoodia pills can be dangerous if used wrong.

That kind of weight loss is extreme for 1 week. If others are seeing this and think that this is a good fast way to lose weight, it's not. I've seen the side effects, and it's not good.

Trust me, keep away from the stuff, or if you do use it, make sure that it's in moderation.. that stuff can really do some damage to your insides if taken incorrectly.
Optimus

Re: I have lost 10 kgs in a Month !!

Postby rivenriver » Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:50 pm

crushbeat wrote:
this is different, it's made by herbal so it's safe and healthy...

When people tell me something is natural so it's healthy, I just calmly remind them that cyanide is also natural.

Pretty much everything that will hurt you is natural. Alcohol is made from fermented fruit, lead and mercury are basic parts of the universe, 99% of diseases are caused by normal, natural organisms...

I really wish more people understood the difference between natural chemicals and synthetic ones. When a new substance is discovered in a plant in the middle of the jungle that has a positive affect on the body, it's chemical structure is analysed so it can be exactly reproduced in the lab. Because if even one atom is in a slightly different place, that substance won't do anything. So this means that if you take a "natural" molecule and an "artificial" molecule, you seriously can't tell which is which. They're identical in every respect.

Next time someone tells you a thing is "natural", do a reality check. It doesn't make it better.
rivenriver

Re: I have lost 10 kgs in a Month !!

Postby Chief » Mon Oct 08, 2007 1:32 pm

crushbeat wrote:Hi all,

i'd like to share my true story of losing my weight...

about 2 month ago, my weight is about 75 kgs... :shock:
my friend, danniel, adviced me to take diet pills but i'm very scared about the side effects of those pills... but he keeped forcing me and told me this is different, it's made by herbal so it's safe and healthy...

so i give it a try... drink it regurally...
the results?? i have lost about 10 kgs in a month... :D
now my weight is about 59 kgs and decreasing...

Dont wanna sound rude but this thread really looks like an online tele marketer setting up to sell a magic pill.
Yes i'm a bloke
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wr2WOoy/]
[/url]
Chief

Next

Return to True Stories