It is currently Wed Dec 07, 2016 7:38 pm

Free Newsletter

My story

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

My story

Postby jene1985 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:26 pm

Hello my names Jennifer but most people call me Jen Im a 22 year old female I have been reading other peoples stories and decided to try to be brave and share my own.

I currently weigh about 79 kilos have been as heavy as 96kgs Im only 150cm so I still have a bit to loose yet. I was brought up vegetarian and junk food free my mother never allowed me to eat junk food so as a kid I was thin and if anything to healthy physically. Your probably wondering what went wrong well Ive had alot of trauma in my life abuse etc I buried alot for a long time it came back to bite me I developed several mental illnesses and about age 12 was put on medication for my problems. The meds caused me to pile on weight id only have to look at a pizza and id gain weight I spent most of my teenage years in and out of mental hospitals. My mum developed breast cancer when I was about 4 she never was really able to be the mother she wanted to be and the mum I needed so I grew up very quickly being mother to her when I was 16 she passed away I was in hospital at the time myself and didnt get to say goodbye. Anyway after she died any hope that I had of a better life jumped out the window and I died along with her I never turned to food for comfort when I was sad etc I would starve myself most of you would know that doesnt work makes you put on more weight more I put on the more I hated myself. I was bullied at school all my life not for being fat but because everyone thought I was crazy even my doctors gave up on me I didnt care Id given up on myself long before that.

I had nothing to live for no one who I felt loved by the one person who ever understood me wwas gone. I tried to end my life many times never succeeded and just like my efforts to loose weight I just felt like a failure which made me more depressed. In 2004 I was assulted and my life turned upside down once again I had to move try to get hold of myself again. My life is still a huge struggle for me getting through one day is like winning the lottery because I know as long as Im still alive and fighting there is hope for me one of my dreams is to one day walk into a shop and not even have to look at the sie just know i can wear what I want to learn to love who I am and want to live.. I dont know if this will help anyone but this is my journey
"I am a work in progress but some day I plan to be a masterpeice"
jene1985

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 9:08 am

HI jen welcome to the group

i was really saddened to read your life story up til now. but remember that you can change things for the better and lead a better life from now on. nothing will take away the pain which you have had over your life years thus far however only you can take control and love yourself enough to move on and make something of your life. you are very brave to have shared that with us and i am sure that some of us can relate to parts of your life as well. i.e. my dad died from cancer when i was 9 years old and i didnt get to say goodbye either. i am 22 as well :) whereabouts are you from? sing out if you need anything and best wishes for your weightloss :)
kate_turner2000

thank you

Postby jene1985 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:40 am

Im located about 4 hours northwest of newcastle Im sorry you went through that with your dad its very hard.. nice to see someone my age.. I am currently finishing school just tsarted this year so am trying to improve things I guess it takes alot of time and strenght

thank you for replying
jene1985

Postby Ally » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:52 am

Hi Jen and welcome to the forum....I like Kate, was saddened to read your life story, however I think you are an excellent example of how you can turn your life around....the simple fact is life throws a lot of bad things at us and it is how we choose to deal with it that makes us who we are....I think you have done really well to come through all that life has thrown at you and that you are now turning yourself around....thankyou for sharing your story with us.
[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wGLHYSm/]
[/url]
Ally

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:02 am

hey jen wow i am on the outskirts of newy too. are you up tamworth way? im on the border of the central coast and newcastle :)
kate_turner2000

Postby jene1985 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 11:18 am

yep you got it spot on :) tamworth
jene1985

Postby milkyway » Fri Aug 17, 2007 1:52 pm

Hi Jen and welcome to the forum. It was really brave of you to open to us and share your story. I am so sorry to hear of the sad things that have happend to you in your life, but each day is a new day and I'm pleased to read that you have hope :)

Setting goals, no matter how small is a great way to move forward, especially on your weight loss journey. I'm glad you found us so stick around and share your journey with us :D
Just keep moving! And don't be lazy...
------------------------
SW: 74.3kg - 1/1/09
CW: 71.1kg - 3/5/09
GW 62kg
milkyway

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Tue Aug 21, 2007 3:11 pm

Hi jen! Welcome to the forum and thankyou for sharing your story. By the sounds of it you had a rough childhood and the role reversal of having a very sick mum and then dealing with grief is a difficult thing for any child to experience. By the sounds of it, you also had some other negative experiences to complicate matters.

It sounds like you have latched on to a goal and are determined to fight this thing through though and that is a good thing! We are a supportive group and I hope we can offer you any support you need.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby HappyBella55 » Tue Aug 28, 2007 12:26 pm

ah hun giving you a virtual *hug*.

You are an amazingly strong young lady to have perceived through the ups and downs you've had.

You show courage and strength, making yourself a better healthier happier person.

You can do it.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby oostevens » Wed Aug 29, 2007 10:14 pm

you already are a masterpiece :) you always have been :) do you really think God would create crap? I don't believe he would.

[center]But God he created you
Before you were, he had love for you
Would an artist make such a masterpiece
Just to be told it's a worthless mistake

You are precious
You are wonderful
You're a most amazing work of art
You are beautiful
You are worth it all
God keeps a place for you in his heart

[/center]

Thats what I believe :) and always will :)
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 1:34 pm

you should post that poem in our inspiration section rach!
kate_turner2000

Postby oostevens » Thu Aug 30, 2007 3:55 pm

he he i might :p cept its not a poem :) Its actually a song I wrote when i was going through some bad stuff :)

thanks though
[*RACHEL*]

YOU CAN DOOO IT!!!!!

[First goal: to reach 80kgs]
[Second goal: to reach 75kgs]

oostevens

Re: My story

Postby help6363 » Sat Sep 15, 2007 11:49 pm

jene1985 wrote:Hello my names Jennifer but most people call me Jen Im a 22 year old female I have been reading other peoples stories and decided to try to be brave and share my own.

I currently weigh about 79 kilos have been as heavy as 96kgs Im only 150cm so I still have a bit to loose yet. I was brought up vegetarian and junk food free my mother never allowed me to eat junk food so as a kid I was thin and if anything to healthy physically. Your probably wondering what went wrong well Ive had alot of trauma in my life abuse etc I buried alot for a long time it came back to bite me I developed several mental illnesses and about age 12 was put on medication for my problems. The meds caused me to pile on weight id only have to look at a pizza and id gain weight I spent most of my teenage years in and out of mental hospitals. My mum developed breast cancer when I was about 4 she never was really able to be the mother she wanted to be and the mum I needed so I grew up very quickly being mother to her when I was 16 she passed away I was in hospital at the time myself and didnt get to say goodbye. Anyway after she died any hope that I had of a better life jumped out the window and I died along with her I never turned to food for comfort when I was sad etc I would starve myself most of you would know that doesnt work makes you put on more weight more I put on the more I hated myself. I was bullied at school all my life not for being fat but because everyone thought I was crazy even my doctors gave up on me I didnt care Id given up on myself long before that.

I had nothing to live for no one who I felt loved by the one person who ever understood me wwas gone. I tried to end my life many times never succeeded and just like my efforts to loose weight I just felt like a failure which made me more depressed. In 2004 I was assulted and my life turned upside down once again I had to move try to get hold of myself again. My life is still a huge struggle for me getting through one day is like winning the lottery because I know as long as Im still alive and fighting there is hope for me one of my dreams is to one day walk into a shop and not even have to look at the sie just know i can wear what I want to learn to love who I am and want to live.. I dont know if this will help anyone but this is my journey

In your darkest moments, remeber without you posting this...... I never would have read it and then I would never have known that I need you. I need you to post a happy ending to all this drama. I know you can do it!

Life sometimes throws so many things at us...... it's so hard to deal with.

Let me know how you are going, K?

Big hugs...... chin up, there is a happily ever after for you, I know it!
help6363

Postby Rustie » Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:54 pm

Good Luck with everything. Life is never easy but we all just have to try to find alittle piece of strenght within us to make things better. Im 22 aswell and have just started back on my antidepressants which i didnt want to but knew that it was probably the right time. We are all here if u ever need us.

SW: 80kg
CW: 78.5kg
GW: 60kg
Rustie

Return to True Stories