It is currently Thu Dec 08, 2016 5:16 am

Free Newsletter

depressed

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

depressed

Postby marie » Thu Jan 05, 2006 3:52 am

was out walking the dog when i got abuse by men who should have known better,: for being over weight :cry: has really put me down in the dumps even more so and wanted chocolate and crisps :cry: resisted the urge tho :wink: does anyone know any good come backs to give. so i don't have to scuttle off in embarressment. :oops: and give them a taste of their own medicine, was really upset. know its only been four days but really trying and my main problem is i am an emotional eater but just managed to not go picking once i got home. people can be so insensitive. marie
marie

Postby Dolly » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:51 am

Hi Marie, so sorry to hear those men said fat lines to you. I think we've all experienced something like that at one time or another, people can be so cruel.
I was told at WW it's good to go walking in the morning before the heat comes in or you can talk yourself out of walking, so I set off in the morning after seeing everyone off to work. The school kids would always whisper to each other and then I'd hear laughing. As I said people can be cruel, but I refused to let it stop me walking.

There is the old comeback line when they verbally abuse you like that.
Just say I'm losing weight but what will you guys do about your uglyness.
If they get nasty and step right up to you over it, let them know they are ugly on the inside for using fat lines.
If they shout hey lady get liposuction, you can return with hey buddy get a face reconstruction.
Or just walk a different route to avoid them.

Perhaps some of the others here know some more comeback lines.
Dolly

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Thu Jan 05, 2006 1:48 pm

You could always smile, wave and say "would you like to join me? it's a lovely day for walking and it sounds like you could do with the fresh air!" or as someone else suggested elswhere on the forum, take a bow!
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Fairie » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:17 pm

Yes we have all been throught that and I can never think of any smart remarks to say back. Just don't let it get you down you will be able to go for a walk soon and they will be saying how great she looks :wink:

Well done though on resisting the need to comfort eat once you got home. :D
-Fay-

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wSDGUdx/]
[/url]
Fairie

Postby hushpuppy » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:19 pm

i did get guys one day by saying now bud i may be overweight by i can change u will always be and ugly ( meaning nasty ) person and will never change . wiped the smile off quicksmart

I now dont walk uless its dark or i have the pram in frount of me and do workouts via dvd so i dont cop it either
[url=http://www..com]Image[blinkiebee/url]
SW 107kg
CW 99.8kg
GW 65kg
hushpuppy

cheers

Postby marie » Fri Jan 06, 2006 3:55 am

hiya guys thanks so much for your support was a bad day for me yesterday but am smiling again today :) i loved your come back dolly about reconstruction was great. and even the nice ones were great.always end up hiding my face in shame but not anymore thanks :)
marie

Postby kymbahlee » Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:06 pm

Don't let them win! Well done on not turning to food. Take comfort in the knowledge that you are trying to do what is best for you whilst someone who has to make themselves feel better by criticising others is never going to be a whole and happy person.
I would probably go for the "You didn't seem to mind last night, darling!" line in my head but never have the confidence to say it!
The sticker/saying that always makes me the maddest is the "Save the whale: harpoon a fat chick". Anyone got a comeback for that?
kymbahlee

Postby BigM » Wed Jan 18, 2006 12:58 am

Hello Marie, it's sad to hear that people would say such things to others. Those who ridicule people of their looks and size are shameful and totally rude. It's been awhile since you posted the problem, is it getting any better for you out in public? Or is it still a persistant problem for you? For me i'v been called such things at school, but luckily i also play rugby, so when it comes down to a game, i 'accidently' jump on a team mate... OOPS.

Anyway, those are really good come back lines Dolly, but i'v never been called such things out in public before so i don't think i have to use them. All in all, the community where i live is quite nice and understanding. The route which i usually go for a walk has people of different sizes and if someone was to say such mean comments, they'd probably get thrown into the bay by 5 bystanders :).
BigM

Postby pommiegirl » Mon Jan 23, 2006 11:36 am

Hi Marie, if it's safe to do so, it might be worth investing in a walkman or radio. I too have had jibes thown at me, but it's far easier to ignore it when you've got some great sounds coming through your earphones. I find it's easier not to retort, silly little boys with nothing better to do with their time. At least you are out there doing something constructive with your time and energy.

Happy walking!
Pommiegirl
pommiegirl

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Mon Jan 23, 2006 12:10 pm

Luckily I haven't actually experienced this lately, although I used to get teased all the time as a kid. Some nasty girls on my bus used to try to get me to call this "really great prank call number" which was Jenny Craig. I never used to say anything to them, just tried to ignore them. I'd come up with great things to say to them, but never had the confidence to use it. Besides they'd probably just come back with something of their own.

Whenever my partner gets yelled at for anything (eg road rage) he smiles and waves. I think that's a good thing to do because it's non-confrontational and smiling releases good chemicals apparently.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby BigM » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:51 am

lol that Jenny Craig thing is really lame lol, but i guess i'll reply back once i lose the weight and thank them :).

What your husband does is really good, i mean the object of road rage is to make the other person more angry than you so you feel like you've got some control, but by being passive or even positive, the person yelling will just get even more angry or annoyed with the situation and you'll feel much better :P.
BigM

Postby Guest » Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:27 am

HI Marie

I just joined this forum today so I just saw your message now.I just want to say that the guy who abused you is a looser.I guess its no suprising news to you but take comfort in the fact that usually when people "attack" other verbally usually have issues themselves.

This was ot about you Marie it was all about him and his hangups...You see the only way this man could feel good about himself is to put others down.Pretty pathetic huh?

well dont woory hun because you are a better person than he could ever dream of being.Hold your head up high and stand tall.You are doing so well and the worst thing you could do is let a dick like that stop you from being the best yo can be.He already made you feel down and thats enough.Dont give him anymore power but rather instead pitty him because he is obviousley damaged goods.

Good luck with it all.

Natalie:) :D

Paper bag sale

Postby mrs mutt » Sat Feb 11, 2006 9:37 am

Hi Marie,
Good on you for not letting it affect how you are dealing with your issues of weight. Your beauty shines out from within.

It is a pity that they don't sell paper bags to put over some peoples ugly attitudes isn't it? Maybe we could start selling those bags, we'd make a fortune, because there sure are some uglies out there.

And there will always be people to support and love you even though you are carrying some extra weight, but the hecklers of the world will never get support for the things that they say and do, even their friends will be thinking "what a loser" when thay make their comments.

Negative comments should go like water off a ducks back, :D :D

Robyn - If you think you can, or think you can't, you'll be proved right
mrs mutt

Return to True Stories