It is currently Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:19 am

Free Newsletter

Now THAT'S what i call DEDICATION!

Tell us about your weight loss successes and experiences.

Moderator: Moderators

Now THAT'S what i call DEDICATION!

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:43 pm

the weather has been really crappola here for the past week and i am over it! it has threatened to rain all day and at around 2.30pm i asked mick to drop heidi and i 4kms away so that we could walk home. heidi was getting restless after being in side most the day so i wanted to get out and get a work out in as well as amuse her. i told him to pick me up if it starts to rain. well 2kms into it the heavens opened up and the rain poured down...

no umbrella no raincoat.

heidi loved it and was saying 'cold cold' with her hands out feeling the rain. theres no shelter because its a rural road so i kept trudging along. mick turned up about 4 minutes later and i put heidi in the car and her stroller....

and i kept walking :)

told him id meet him at home :) so off i walk the remaining 1.5km :) everyone driving past must have thought i was off my rocker! but you know when it was just me and heidi walking in the rain before mick turned up not one person stopped to offer help or see if we were ok. we were in the middle of nowhere besides a few farm houses and no one cared. how odd. not that i minded or anything cos i didnt obviously as i kept walking when mick took heidi in the car but i know myself that if i was driving along and i saw a woman with a baby in a pram with no shelter or a handbag or anything id stop to see if she needed to call someone on my mobile or something.

anyway!

i thought i was pretty dedicated to this weightloss thing by walking in the rain :)
kate_turner2000

Postby lng86 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:58 pm

DEFINITELY! You go girlfriend!
To succeed you need to find something to hold on to, something to motivate you, something to inspire you - Myself (Lauren)
lng86

Postby shelbel » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:19 pm

I could think of another word for it Kate!! But lets go with dedicated LOL :D

I know what you mean about ppl not stopping, but think about it, if some guy pulled over, most girls would freak out! I know some poor woman who was stopped on the side of the road when an old colleague of mine stopped to see if she needed help, in a hearse no less! She had a laugh over it tho!

Hope your hair wasnt too fizzy afterwards!
Highest Weight - 93kgs
Current Weight - 68.3kgs
Goal Weight - 65kgs

The wise man Stephen King once said - The only way to go on, is to go on. To say 'i can do this' even when you know you cant

You'll find me in the almost there section :)
shelbel

Postby kate_turner2000 » Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:31 pm

LOL no i looked like a drowned rat! haha. it was ... refreshing though. yeah i guess these days it would be scary to have people pull over and talk to you, especially on a rural road i wouldnt have been able to yell out to anyone :?
kate_turner2000

Postby SarahC » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:06 pm

Good work Kate! Sounds like fun :D

I once went for a run in torrential rain. It was the only option available at the time! Must have looked very silly but you worry, I had a good time anyway :roll:
SarahC

Postby electrongirl » Thu Sep 06, 2007 11:47 pm

when I was 8 months pregnant (and only 18) I was walking along the road and my shopping bag broke and everything went everywhere. It was about 36 degrees and I just lost it and started sobbing my eyes out.

About 50 cars went past me before this lovely old lady stopped and offered me a ride.

And good on you for walking in the rain, I myself hate the rain!!
Nikki - Aussie girl living in the USA with her soul mate. My blog: http://aus2usa.blogspot.com/

Image Image
electrongirl

Postby Butterfly_Dawn » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:54 am

Nothing wrong with rain - it's just water. I've umpired many a footy match in pouring rain and up to my ankles in mud. Quite difficult to run when all your clothes are soaked.

it is a bit of a poo that no-one stopped to offer help though.
35kg lost. (November 2005 - October 2006)
15kg gained again (as at October 2010).
Back to the drawing board - Let's do this thing!

"You can't change the winds, but you can change the sails"

"Reach out and take control of what lands in your lap"

Butterfly_Dawn

Postby Bread-Monster » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:56 am

Wow, that is dedication. You are one amazing woman...btw, why didn't you take an umbrella with you?
Current weight 50.4kg
Current Fat % 13.5%

Fat % 14.0%

-Si vis Pacem Para bellum-
Bread-Monster

Postby Sassygirl » Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:59 am

I remember when I was living in the country - I used to go jogging in the mornings. I mapped out my route and it was quite a nice jog. Anyway one day I was jogging down a road (bituman was a bit rough) and I tripped and ripped my chin and cheeks open on the road (I actually fell face first can you believe it!!). Anyway I still had a fair walk to get home and so many cars passed me and not one stopped to see if I was ok (I had blood on my shirt my knees were bloody - I could have been attacked for all they new) but not a sole stopped. I ended up walking straight to hospital, crying and bleeding. Some people just have no kindness in them!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby kate_turner2000 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:09 pm

Bread-Monster wrote:Wow, that is dedication. You are one amazing woman...btw, why didn't you take an umbrella with you?

LOL cos it had threatened rain all day and i thought, nah it wont rain now... whoops!!

hey michelle thats awful!! you had the signs of being attacked and everything and no one bothered to stop.
kate_turner2000

Postby HappyBella55 » Fri Sep 07, 2007 4:08 pm

that is dedication.

Yeah I would be scared if some random stoped and asked if I'd like a lift home. You just can't trust anyone in today’s society.

But then again I get scared by media hype.
Start weight - 77kgs
Goal weight - 53kgs
Current Weight - 50.1kgs

No more weighing, no more scales. My measurement is my success at health. It's an investment I make every single day. My priority: be healthy!
HappyBella55

Postby Sassygirl » Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:26 pm

It was a small country town where everyone new everyone and everyone's business and still no one stopped. The hospital couldn't believe it when I told them!
2008 - my year to be great!!

Sassygirl

Postby corolla_chick » Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:21 am

that is dedication kate!! its hard to keep up your walking at this time of the year.
1st day of my holidays and it is raining :(
but i got my walk in before it rained!
beck :D

corolla_chick

Postby kate_turner2000 » Mon Sep 10, 2007 11:43 am

good on ya beck. apparently it is suppose to rain here this arvo so i got a walk in this morning. the sun is shining and so is my mood at the moment LOL
kate_turner2000

Postby Annie40 » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:04 pm

Hi Kate,

You go girl...nothing wrong with a bit of rain....

For the people that didn't stop...especially when you had a baby in a pram..!! KARMA.....
Annie40

Next

Return to True Stories