It is currently Sun Dec 04, 2016 6:41 am

Free Newsletter

Just sharing some ideas!

Share your favorite healthy recipes here.

Moderator: Moderators

Just sharing some ideas!

Postby Fiona25 » Sat Dec 22, 2007 4:02 pm

Hi guys, thought I would share with you some of my favourite low fat recipes - main meals and side dishes.

Side dish along with salad or veggies

Filled mushrooms. Get a large mushroom and grill it for a few minutes. Fill it with some steamed spinach, low fat ham and a sprinkle of low fat cheese. Grill again until the cheese has melted. Filling and YUMMY!

Main meals

Sometimes I find that carbs are the only thing that fill me up. Udon noodles however are not as high in cals and carbs as other carbs are, but taste great and are a good filler.

In a frypan or wok, spray with low fat oil spray, dice up some lean chicken and fry (I use free range) when chicken is starting to brown add some stir fry veggies - brocoli, carrot, capsicum, beans etc etc once the veggies are getting softer, add a low fat pasta bake type sauce, stir and simmer. Drain some udon noodles and add. Really yum, filling but low fat and fairly low carb at the same time.

I make the following sauce for HEAPS of things. Salad dressings, on fish when i'm grilling it etc. 1 teaspoon of chopped garlic (I use the stuff in the jar) 1/2 teaspoon of jarred basil, 2 table spoons of sweet chilli sauce and mustard. Its really nice as well as being low fat - gives salads a much better taste too.
Saying goodbye to calorie counting AND scales for a while.

Just enjoying the new and improved healthy me and embracing my new lifestyle!
Fiona25

Postby mimosa8 » Mon Dec 31, 2007 4:50 pm

thanks for those recepies. I have tried the mushroom one.

It was good.

have you lost much in the last few weeks? it is so hard with christmas and new year.
mimosa8

Postby zeedeveelgirl » Tue Jan 01, 2008 3:20 pm

I make mushroom pizzas all the time! :D Love em - some big flat mushrooms spread with Ardmona BBQ Pizza Sauce, topped with 97% Fat Free Bacon and Low fat mozzarella - YUM :D So many possibilities for variations too :D
zeedeveelgirl

Return to Healthy Recipes